Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rabhitha
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RabhithaYour feedback matters!
Dear sir/madam My wife is 25 year old, two month back we have taken mifty kit to avoid pregnancy. It worked OK. Then after one month she had her period. Now she missed her period and we tested and found she is pregnant and we are not ready for baby. Can we take mifty kit again without having risk for future pregnancy. Thanking you.
Hi Doctors, my question is If I satisfied before then he ejaculate in missionary position and do sex every other day with irregular periods and wait 30 minutes on laying on bed with pillow back of my butts after sex when I get pregnant because its 3 to 4 months of TTC but nothing happen, what do I do to conceive quickly and how do I know that their are cervical mucus is their or not because when I satisfied before he then ejaculate he say the vagina is so wet and deeply opened is this good sign for conceiving or not. Help me. If I keep pillow back of butts while doing sex and ejaculation then it is good for conceiving or keeping pillow after he ejaculate.
Chocolate biscuits, chocolate cup cakes are very favourite to me. Can I eat them in my pregnancy? Not eating daily.
I am 20 years old girl. I had sex with my boyfriend on the 7th day of my monthly cycle. But the condom broke somehow. I took an I pill within 4 hours of having it. But now on the 19th day of my monthly cycle I am experiencing some sort of vaginal bleeding or discharge. What could that be? Is that a pregnancy sign? If it is then what measures should I take?
Hi Dr. I want to conceive since one year but still not I'm worried about it. Is this infertility? My reports are normal. One month ago my Dr. suggest me ivf -c 5000 injection after ultrasound report which show two mature follicles. .but now second month start but I'm not pregnant please advise me.
I am not getting my periods sice 1.5 month. Me and my botfriend have kissed in nov month 2014. After that For two months i got my periods. But now i am not getting. Am i pregnant now?
In-vitro fertilization (IVF) is a fertilization technique through which the sperm and an egg are fused in a laboratory. The embryo is grown in a lab for a span of 4-5 days and then transferred to a woman’s uterus. This process is extremely effective and increases the chances of fertilization. There is a four-step process of IVF as discussed below:
- Ovulation induction: The first process involves the inspection of the ovary and subsequent release of the eggs. Among other observations, the doctor observes whether the ovaries are functioning well, hormones are present in adequate quantities and blood pressure is normal. If there is a shortage of ovary, women are advised to consume fertility medicine for a while. More the number of ovaries produced, better are the chances of successful embryo formation. In case egg formation causes a bother, one can talk to their doctor regarding donor eggs being used for the process.
- Retrieval of the egg: During this process, a doctor might suggest pain medication in order to negate any discomfort that a woman might face. A thin needle is then passed through the vaginal wall. Along with vaginal ultrasound and gentle suction, fluid from the follicles is taken out. The egg is separated from the follicular fluid and is placed in the culture dish that contains nutrient media. The dish is then placed in the incubator for further processing.
- Fertilization: The next process is to ensure that the egg fertilizes properly. In order to do this, a healthy sperm cell is obtained from the partner or a wishful donor. After a careful inspection, the most active sperm cell is combined with the egg and placed in a chamber. The sperm and the egg are taken to a common place and the two are mixed in the incubator. A healthy embryo thus develops.
- Embryo transfer: The final process involves the transfer of the embryo. This is the most complicated step in this procedure. A little glitch can jeopardize the whole procedure and threat the success rate. Out of all the embryos, the healthy one is selected. Inside the vagina, a speculum is then placed and the healthiest embryo is transferred into the uterus. This is a strenuous process and complete bed rest for more than a day is advised by doctors.
- Pregnancy: Post the IVF process, a woman might take a couple of weeks to get pregnant. If the procedure becomes successful, your pregnancy test will come as positive. Many, though, return a negative test result. This only signifies that the procedure has failed. On an average, it takes 2 attempts for IVF to become successful. This is not a high-risk procedure and the same can be taken as many times as you want. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.