Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RabhithaYour feedback matters!
What are the safe days for women's having sex without condom? Is it possible to have safe sex without any pregnancy?
My menstruations was just thinking over but now it's bleeding I don't know why is it happen I just pushed my pussy so instead of white fluid this blood is coming .please tell me why and what is happening.
Which diet should I have to get more concentration as I am a student and I also face problem of stomach infection sometimes and hair fall, dark circle, white discharge, itchiness in clitoris, face becoming darker day by day, milias under eye, back problem etc please suggest me a got diet chart.
We had unprotected sex on july 15 only once 5 minutes. Her periods date every month 5th. After sex same day she had 2 pieces of papaya. 3 days later she took ipill 2 tables. She was expecting periods on 5th aug but didn't came. Today its 12 aug still periods didn't came. Is she pregnant. Are you sure how much percent chances (1% to 100%). Or because of first time sex she miss her periods. You want me to wait some more days for periods. If yes how many days. Please give us answer we are not ready for baby. Please don't give answer like use condom, consult doctor, check with pregnancy test. According to your knowledge and experience please give answer. Thank you. Her age is 23 years. 4 days regularly periods.
I had my period on 22/9/2016 and again on 20/10/2016 but this month blood flow was less, was it normal to happen like that?
Dear sir, Will pain and bleeding will continue every time or it will be normalised after one cycle? What will be her cycle time ,on normal date or took some days later to carry?
This green gourd may be bitter in taste, but is packed with so many benefits, people who use it swear by it. Whether it is diabetes or asthma, the green bitter gourd has helped in many ways. Read on to know some of the health benefits of this wonder gourd. Hope that makes you learn to relish it beyond its bitter taste.
- Weight management: 100 g of the vegetable contains just about 20 calories, and is one of the best low-calorie foods. Coupled with its other benefits (listed below), this should find its way to anyone wanting to improve overall health
- Diabetes: Karela has the chemical polypeptide-P which is also known as plant insulin. It works as insulin and helps in blood sugar control. A glass of bitter gourd juice is one of the most well-known and successful home remedies for diabetics.
- Rich in folate: Bitter gourds are rich in folates and one can get up to 20% of the recommended daily from about 100 g of this vegetable. Widely used in menstruating women and pregnancy to prevent anemia and blood iron levels. In pregnancy, it also helps reduce neural tube defects in the developing baby
- Loaded with antioxidants: Alpha and beta carotenes, xanthenes, and lutein. All these help in controlling the release of free radicals and reduce bodily inflammation. This is the most important reason for the development of diseases like diabetes, cancer, and premature ageing. Therefore, bitter gourd helps in preventing and/or prolonging the onset of these diseases. Another independent antioxidant is vitamin C, and about 100 g of karela provides more than 100% of daily required dose
- Good for digestion: Bitter gourd is widely used for its digestive properties. It improves mobility, relieves constipation, and reduces problems of indigestion
- Good for respiratory system: Respiratory benefits of bitter gourd include clearing up of sputum, improving breathing, and relief from cough. Widely used in asthma patients
- Blood purifier: It is an excellent blood purifier and juice consumed in the morning is one of the best ways to detox the body
Though still to be proven, karela is known to help HIV/AIDS patients, as they contain phytochemicals, which improve immunity and reduce overall infection and inflammation in the body
Methods of Use:
- Both the leaves and the bitter gourd per se can be consumed for their health benefits
- The juice is the most beneficial method, though it might take you some time to acquire this taste. Whether it is for weight loss or diabetes, this offers the best medicinal value
- Curries are usually prepared with karela in different styles depending on cooking preferences in that area
- It can also be baked, boiled, and fried.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is post pregnancy sex and how to maintain the diet when pregnancy and what are the best recommended foods in pregnancy?
I just wanted to know that, when should a urine pregnancy test to be done. On which day and how? Please help I have no idea about this.
My boyfriend wiped his semen with his hand and than cleaned his hand with a cloth. After 45 mins he touched my vagina. Is there any chance of pregnancy? I am having stomach ache. My last period was on 4 august. Pls help.
Hi, I am 34 yrs old and underwent Lapro hysterectomy in Aug 2015. Gynae noticed endometriosis and I was also diagnosed with Tb. Gynae put me on AKT 4 for 2 months and now I am on AKT2 for 4 months. Please let me know when to take AKT2 tablet, wat time of the day and before or after meals?
I am 23 years old and my problem is that I have excess itching and burning in vagina inside as well as outside and vaginal walls are sticked to each other as well as I have itching and pain on vaginal walls too and I have white discharge as well.
Hi doctor am married last 2 years bt am not conceive pregnancy in my husband have no problem nd last month am done ultrasound have no any problem soo according to you which problems to me.
I took first i-pill after unprotected sex ,and 2nd after 60-70 hours. .What can be the side effects?
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome/Diseases:-
Polycystic ovarian diseases (PCOD), is a common endocrine system disorder of women in their reproductive age. In this condition, there is an imbalance of the sex hormones like estrogen and progesterone of a woman. This causes enlarged ovaries that contain tiny collections of fluid (ovarian cysts), referred as follicles which might be settled in each ovary. These cysts are often seen during an ultrasound exam.
Cause of PCOD:-
The exact cause of PCOS is unknown. Hormonal imbalances and genetics play a major role. Production of the hormone androgen in excess may be another contributing factor. Androgen is a male sex hormone that womens bodies also produce. This overproduction can affect the development and release of eggs during ovulation. Excess insulin may cause high androgen levels.
Symptoms of PCOS:-
- Irregular menses (usually delayed)
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight
- Acne and Dandruff in scalp
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive hair growth on the face, chest, back
- Thinning of hair
- Infertility and Miscarriage
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
Diagnosis of PCOS:-
There is no definitive test for PCOS. Diagnosis depends on medical history and symptoms of patients. The physical and pelvic examination can help to find out the signs of PCOS.
- Thyroid function tests (TSH).
- Fasting glucose tests to measure blood sugar levels.
- Lipid level tests to assess the amount of cholesterol.
- USG (Ultra Sonography)
Complications of PCOD:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- High cholesterol
- Anxiety and depression
- Endometrial cancer (cancer caused by thickening of the lining of the uterus)
- Heart attack
- Breast cancer
Homeopathic management for PCOD:
Polycystic Ovarian disease (PCOD) can be treated by Homoeopathic medicines. Homoeopathic medicines are very safe and can cure PCOD permanently and without any side effect. The complete cure of PCOD is a time-consuming process and it cannot be expected in a few days. It requires complete observation regarding the change of symptoms in the patient and frequent clinical follow-ups.
Arsenicum iodatum 6x: Suited to scrofulous diathesis where the thyroid, axillary, tonsils & mammary glands are swollen, hard, indurated, painful, sensitive and sore to the touch & may be exuding discharge with exfoliation of skin in large scales.
Carbo animalis 3x: Indicated when buboes, axillary & inguinal glands, thyroid gland are indurated & is as hard as a stone that even the surrounding tissues become hardened.
Clematis erecta 3X: Indicated when breast, inguinal glands, spermatic cord are hot, painful, swollen; with scirrhous, rheumatism of the joints or swollen ulcers.
Conium maculatum 4X: Acts on glandular system absorbing stony hard glandular tumors & other growths that can be outlined and felt. Suited to scrofulous affections like adenoma, swollen mammary glands, and goiter; with a marked tendency to induration, extending to cellular tissue, esp. after burns, blow or fall or bad effects of sexual excess.
Galium aparine 6x: Indicated in nodulated tumors, hardened glands, scirrhous formation, esp. of a tongue.
Hydrastis canadensis 2X: Indicated in cachectic dyscrasia esp. of the breast; goiter at puberty and pregnancy; follicular inflammation of pharynx; general ulcers in the throat.
Phytolacca decandra 3X: It has a powerful effect on fibrous tissues, muscles, and scar tissue; indicated in swollen tonsils, mumps, follicular inflammation of the pharynx, chest, and breast, lymph node swelling or soreness, mastitis in breastfeeding mothers with cracks and small ulcers about nipples, sties, stony hard painful goiter.
Suffering with pcod. Want to conceive early. Taking homeopathy medicine for last month. Irregular periods. One daughter. One abortion. Please help.
Giving birth to a baby is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful experience in a woman's life. It makes them feel complete as an individual and also strengthens their relationship with their spouse. But unfortunately, all couples cannot conceive in a natural way. But there is nothing to feel sad about as with the advancement in medical technology, one can avail the high-tech fertility treatments to fulfill their dream of holding their baby in their lap. In vitro fertilization often shortened as IVF is one of the most popular artificial reproductive techniques that help to conceive. Basically, in this process eggs and ovary are combined in the laboratory.
How is IVF helpful?
IVF has emerged as a hope for all those couples who have been trying to have a baby for years. It helps the woman to get pregnant if she is suffering from a problem associated with egg quality, ovulation, endometriosis or blockage of fallopian tube. It is also helpful in case your partner has a problem with sperm mortality or sperm count.
Side effects and risks associated with IVF Treatment: According to the current evidence, there are no serious side effects associated with in vitro fertility treatment. The medicines which are used for inducing the process of superovulation involved in IVF and other fertility treatments are also used in various other forms of fertility treatments. IVF was discovered some 30 years back. It has proven itself as one of the safest processes that come up with no long-term risk to the mother or the baby. Ovulation Hyperstimulation Syndrome happens to one percent of women out of all who opt for this treatment for conceiving a baby.
The specialists who are experienced are better at predicting that which woman is at a risk of OHSS. The expert medical professionals are trained for recognizing and managing symptoms.
This treatment might also cause potential complications to the baby like premature delivery or low birth weight, which increases the risk of birth defects or even death of the neonate. It is always recommended to consult an expert physician to get a better idea about the treatment and its associated pros and cons. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.