Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. R.VijayakumarYour feedback matters!
I am 22 year male, I have red eyes from two days what can I do, please suggest me some best tricks or medicine.
I had left eye irritation for 20 days and had blurred vision in the same. So I consulted an ophthalmologist and after check up and he told me that it may be because of some allergy and prescribed me with two eye drops for one week. Also he said that I have minus 0.75 power. It has been a week and now I feel better with the irritation. But sometimes I feel like my left eye gives blurred vision and sometimes like it gives normal. What is the reason? What is the solution?
I use contact lenses fr daily use and by the evening the white portion of an eye goes reddish please give some tips.
I have a problem in my right eye. Whenever I do some precise work or study I get some iteration in that eye. Please suggest me solution.
Sir, I am 25 year old. I have bought a contact lenses, when first time I wear, it creates itchingin my eyes, n my eyes are red. After next day it normal. Sir, what I do now.
Hello doctor, My age is 21yrs and I have eyebags as well as eye puffiness and dark circles too please help me which treatment should I go for in any cosmetologist treatment?
Hi, I am suffering from Uveitis since last 10 years. I went to AIIMS, PGI Chandigarh but did not find any cure. Currently taking steroids injection under supervision of care Noida. I cannot tolerate oral steroids. Tried immunosuppressant but could not tolerate them. I have Macular Edema. Is there any way to cure this?
Problems in vision are a common occurrence these days; various factors such as spending a lot of time looking at smartphones and computers are a major cause of these problems. There are various natural remedies which can help you improve your eyesight, they are:
- Wash, especially after coming back from outside, your eyes regularly: Washing your eyes regularly with water helps in clearing out debris from the eyes and relaxing the eye muscles.
- Eat Healthy: Eating a healthy diet that has lots of fruits and vegetables are good for the eyes as they contain important nutrients such as vitamin A. You should include foods such as carrots, fish oil, cabbage and eggs in your diet.
- Carrots: Carrots are a good source of phosphorus, calcium, vitamin A and iron which are very good for your eyesight. You may consume carrot in the form of juices or salads.
- Almonds and other nuts:Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in antioxidants which are beneficial for the eyes.
- Walk barefoot: Walking barefoot on green grass is therapeutic for your eyes as it enhances your eye power. It is recommended you walk early in the morning to get maximum benefits.
- Eye exercises: You should do various eye exercise to improve your eyesight as these exercises help in rejuvenating muscles of the eye. The muscles in the eye are strengthened which leads to better vision.
- Triphala remedy: This is a treatment that combines three herbal fruits which treat various eye disorders, eye weaknesses and hair problems. Triphala helps in eliminating toxins from your body and make your eyes healthy.
- Reduce screen time: Avoid extra working hours on computers and mobiles as far as possible. Especially playing video games. This can save you from computer vision syndrome.
- Avoid frequent rubbing of eyes: This habit can lead to frequent infections and shedding of eyelashes . Also, this is one of the causes of dark circles.
- Proper sleep: Importance of proper rest to the eyes cannot be denied and is equally important in general wellbeing.
Lastly, if anything is bothering your eyes seek help immediately before the problem increases.
Got hembrages at retina of my father's eye. It's an early stage of Dr. Dr said to LASIK surgery by giving injection of 26000 in eye, to slower down Dr. But there could be chance of cataract. So got confused what to do. Do you have any alternative.
I have a yellowish colour inside my eyes and having a swear pain? So Please tell me what can I do for that.
The delicate skin around the eyes tend to become thinner due to over exposure to sun and heat
Keep the eye hydrated by using a light under eye cream
Or eye cream will aid in cooling down eyes.