Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. R.TamilvananYour feedback matters!
My mother's suffering from ankles pain since 6 months. Pain increased in winters. She can't move easily.
I am 53 yrs old. I have lower back pain. I get a electric shock type feelings from my lower back and my spine immediatly bends to right side accompanied by severe pain. It stays for few days keeping me completely bedridden. Please advise me what to do.
I am 54 years old man. 2 years back I had pain in my left thigh. I could walk and run but on rotating or twisting the leg it would pain. X-ray indicated all normal. It was not localized at specific point on thigh. Doctors gave pain killers which I avoided. Pain was bearable. Since I travel by bus frequently, I presumed it could be because of that. The pain in thigh remand for a year moving from one spot to other by an inch only ( or can be said could not find specific point of pain on thigh). Suddenly one fine morning I had shooting pain on my right arm. I took pain killer that day and after 2-3 hours it vanished but next day the pain started on my left arm - bearable. This pain continued for few months. There was no pain in thigh. Now there is no visible pain any where but if I press with fingers the left toe (foot)in the top middle I feel sweet pain. This is for the past one month. Changed the shoes as well as wear loose shoes but slight pain is their. Bus travel is continuing. What is it all about. I believe some nerve get pressed behind my neck while travelling as I lean my neck on the back of the seat. Please give your advise.
Cupping therapy is an effective treatment for many diseases. This case puts some light on the effectiveness of cupping therapy to treat psoriasis. This case demonstrates the efficacy of cupping therapy in treating psoriasis. However, more research and trials are needed to fully elucidate the effectiveness of this therapy for all types of psoriasis with varying degrees of severity.
I am 43 years I have back pain but now I have full pain at the back side of neck in left side, from that full half headache left side.
Psoriasis is a skin disease, which develops in men and women often during middle age and above. Although tests and researches are being carried out in various laboratories around the world, the exact cause of this condition is yet unknown. Psoriasis is not infectious. In other words, it does not spread by coming in contact with someone suffering from it. In case you see that you are just developing psoriasis or it is in its early stages, then you can opt for some simple and natural methods of curing it. These home remedies fall under Ayurvedic treatments and help you in getting rid of this disease before it spreads further into your body.
- Moist skin: Apply lots of moisturizer on your body. This is done to keep the skin moist and supple. The more your skin becomes dry, the chances of it bleeding and causing infections increase. It is often recommended to apply body oil or sesame oil before taking a bath as it softens the skin.
- Use natural body soaps: Sometimes the body soaps that you use are made of harsh chemicals. These chemicals come in contact with your body and aggravate the infection furthermore. You can use home made natural soaps, which are made of natural ingredients and are gentle on your skin.
- Avoid skin injuries: Skin injuries like a cut, bleeding, blisters etc. can be harmful for psoriasis. They can aggravate the inflammation and cause more damage. In fact, it is recommended that you apply moisturizer and sunscreen every time you step out of the house in order to protect your skin from further damage.
- Use medicines after consultation: Certain medicines have the ability to flare up the effects of psoriasis. Thus, when you develop this disease, it is advised that you meet a general physician and discuss your medicines with him/her in order to control the same.
- Reduce stress: Stress levels contribute a lot to psoriasis. Thus, you need to relax as much as possible. You can try out yoga and meditation to keep the stress level down and in turn control this disease as well.
- Wear cotton clothes: Wear clothes that you are comfortable in and those which do not cause irritation on your skin. Synthetic clothes sometimes cause a lot of irritation and rashes on the skin. It is something that should be avoided.
These are some of the quick and natural remedies to cure yourself of psoriasis as early as possible. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.