Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. R.SunithaYour feedback matters!
4 years have completed of marriage but not pregnant. Dr. ref for ivf. I want to know the complication of ivf.
I have been diagnosed pcod. It's been two years I haven't taken any medications. My periods are quite regular. I have put on some weight these days. I have acne prone skin n extra facial hair. The hair in my chin area is thick n bushy. What should be done?
I was advised to continue krimson 35 for 6 months as I am diagnosed with pcod. My six month course has finished. What should I do if I miss my period?
During pregnancy, quite a few changes occur inside a woman's body. It is quite common for some of these changes to surface outside. Skin changes are quite common in pregnant women, and pinkish streaks on the stomach and a sudden glow on the face are commonly observed. Although not all women experience the same skin changes, there are some changes which are quite common during pregnancy. Some of them are:
1. Stretch Marks - Stretch marks are the most common and usual skin changes that occur during pregnancy. Nearly 90% of all pregnant women are likely to experience stretch marks. Stretch marks are the reddish streaks that run down the abdomen or breasts of a pregnant woman. Exercising and applying lotions rich in the vitamin can help in preventing such marks.
2. Mask of pregnancy - Melasma, commonly known as the mask of pregnancy, causes dark splotchy spots to appear on your face. Fluctuations in hormonal activities during those nine months can lead to an increase in pigmentation. These spots usually occur on the forehead and cheeks. Nearly 50% of all pregnant women encounter signs of melasma.
3. Pregnancy Glow - During pregnancy, the body produces 50% more blood; hence, there is a greater circulation of blood in the body, and the increased blood flow causes the face to appear brighter. The body also produces a lot of hormones that cause the glands to overwork, which renders the face shiny.
4. Acne - Hormonal fluctuations in the body can cause the oil glands to secrete more oil, which can cause a breakout. In case of pre-existing acne, the condition may heighten and, thus, get more inflamed.
5. Spider and Varicose veins - Increased blood circulation can cause minute, reddish blood vessels to protrude outwards. These veins usually appear on the face, neck, upper chest and arms. Varicose veins refer to the thick, bluish veins that appear on the legs. This happens because the body compensates for the extra blood that flows to your baby.
I was operated of testicle hernia when I was 14 years old on the right side. Now I'm 33. And I now feel that I still have hernia on both sides. Will that affect my sperm count? I'm very healthy and into sports. No pain. Do you advice to get myself operated before I get married or plan for a child?
Please give me the name of tablets for remove pregnancy it going on before last 20 days and my mc date is in every month but this you month I lost. please kindly help me.
What is the exact time after periods and before periods that sex can be done without any protection. Like for eg my wife got periods normally on 24th (first day when bleeding starts) after how many days we can do the sex without any protection.
Hello doctor. I'm 21 years old. I got periods on 4th of march and unusually on 15th march also. I'm very tensed about this doctor. Please help me out. Is this normal? And what might be the reason behind this unusual periods? Thank you.
I did sex on 15 may before 1 day of my periods and took ipill and I got periods on 18 may it lasted till 24 may. I got heavy discharge. Now its 27 June I haven't got my periods. I don't want to be pregnant. Why my periods is delayed. please help me.
My period starts 9 days earlier to the normal time, bleeding is very less & no pain is their any problem please guide me what should I do?
I am 19 years old. Every month of periods I am suffering from severe stomachache. 2 days continues of periods.
My wife 27 years recently had a abortion on dt 21.05.17. Today she is saying that during bathroom small patches of blood oozing out and slight pain in lower abdomen. Is it normal since she has a abortion? Pls suggest.
Hello sir/madam, My wife has delivery done before 9 months but MC not start yet. Before pregnancy also same problem. please help.
I am 24 years married female mine periods date is 3rd November n I had check home urine pregnancy test on 21 November first line was dark n second line was very light. I am having little pain in stomach n back pain a lot headache also n vomiting also .am I pregnant? Should I wait fire the periods time or consult doctor first? Am I pregnant or not?
Hi, I am pregnant and its 5th month of my pregnancy. Would like to know whether sex is safe to have during these period. If yes how long can this be continued.
Im 24years old girl. I have 1 prob. Ma baby was feed only my 1 breast, 2nd one not bcoz thats nipple was very smal. What can I do for increase the size of nipple.
I am 37 M, have severe dysentery/loose motion since morning. already happen 5 times with only water passing out. Taken ORS frequently. But didn't stop. Pls advice.
वसंत कुसुमाकर रस. गोदन्ति भस्म, यौनअमृत वटी, शिलाजीत सत्व जैसे आयुर्वेदिक दवा शीघ्रपतन में लाभकारी हैं। ऐसे तो यह सभी आयुर्वेदिक दवा सुरक्षित है पर अधिक मात्रा और अधिक समय तक लेना हानिकारक हो सकता हैं इसलिए किसी भी आयुर्वेदिक दवा को अपने डॉक्टर से जांच कराकर लेने में ही समझदारी हैं।
आहार - शीघ्रपतन को दूर करने के लिए आयुर्वेदिक चिकित्सा के साथ अपने आहार पर विशेष ध्यान देना चाहिए। आहार में तीखा-तला हुआ और अधिक मसालेदार आहार नहीं लेना चाहिए। आहार में ताजे फल, हरी-पत्तेदार सब्जी, फ्रूट जूस, नारियल पानी, दूध और शहद का अधिक इस्तेमाल करना चाहिए। आहार में शतावरी, अंडे, डार्क चॉकलेट, गाजर, ओट्स, अश्वगंधा, अवाकडो, अंगूर, केला, प्याज, लसुन, अदरक, बादाम, मशरूम और भरे चावल / ब्राउन राइस जैसे आहार पदार्थों का अधिक समावेश करने से वीर्य का प्रमाण भी बढ़ता है और शीघ्रपतन भी नहीं होता हैं।
Pregnancy is a beautiful period in every woman's life. Lots of physical, mental and emotional changes occur during pregnancy and the best way to cope up with them is exercise, also known as pregnancy yoga or antenatal exercise. Working out when you are expecting is great for you and your baby.
Benefits for mother and baby of Pregnancy Yoga:
- Increased sense of well being,
- Improves body muscle tone and relieves tension
- Ensures healthy weight gain,
- Cardiovascular and respiratory fitness
- Maintain a stable body position
- Decrease in pregnancy related muscle problems, joint pains, constipation, abdominal bloating,
- Reduces fatigue and helps manage stress
- Increases endurance and strengthening muscles
- Help relieve back pressure
- Improve posture and balance
- Improve circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Helps prepare for the strain of labor
- Increased chances of natural labor and childbirth
- Improves self-image
- Regains figure faster
- Prepare for immediate postnatal period
- Stretches for lower back
- Upper back stretch
- Pelvic Tilts
Guidelines for exercise:
- Exercise at least three times per week
- Avoid exercise in supine position after first trimester and prolonged motionless standing
- Modify exercises according to maternal symptoms and fatigue levels
- Avoid exercises that could cause loss of balance or falling (ballistic exercises)
- Have adequate diet
- Hydration before, during and after exercise
Things to know while doing exercise or pregnancy yoga:
- Consult your doctor first
- Start after 12-14 weeks
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes
- Keep at least 3-4 hrs gap between meal and exercise
- Early morning is the best time
- Avoid becoming too hot or overheated
- Be gentle- avoid stretching or straining muscles/joints.
- Medical problem- consult doctor- do under strict supervision
- Listen to your body
- Never exercise till exhaustion or breathlessness
- Heart rate should not > 140/min
- Take frequent breaks during exercise
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Eat healthy diet- plenty of fruits, vegetables
Discontinue exercise if:
- Light headiness
- Excessive dryness of mouth
- Abdominal cramps
- Severe pain/ uneasiness
- History of vaginal bleeding