Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.SunithaYour feedback matters!
I have cured my necrosis on right femur head and right now suffering from pcod. Due to prolonged illness my immune system is vry low. I cannot drink anything cold even in summers as my throat gets soar and my whole body gets stiff after having a bite of something cold. My routine life is totally disturbed. So how can I boost my immune system?
My wife is now 2 months pregnant but she has regular vomiting problem and also she is always feel weakness. By Age she is 28 She is taking proper rest and earlier she don't have any health issue. Please help in this matter and guide. What precaution she have to take for better health of her and child.
I have vaginal pain, yellow discharge red dots (very small, 3 in number) and pain during urination, also normal pain. And this pain Is inside the vagina at the bottom of the opening. This started on 13! I had sex with my boyfriend on 12. I'm also under medication for throat infection and viral fever. The pain is miserable! Please help.
Im suffering from white discharge since so my days, im getting irritated n worried too with that. please suggest me what to do.
Hello, I am 37 week 3 days pregnant. I have pain in my pelvic. The doctor suggested me it is normal and my baby head position in the lower side. Can you suggest me how much time it will ready for labor or you tell me how many ways to induce labor naturally? So that normal delivery takes place.
I am newly married I want pregnancy at what time we have do sex the problem is my period getting every month between 30 to 40 days.
Hello I got pregnancy check by blood and my result is < 1.20 what does this mean! Some says its negative that I am not pregnant! But then also i'm not getting my periods! And I even got pregnancy check by urine dat was negative as well.
Meri age 24, unmarried hoon. Mujhe 10 months pehle Irregular Periods hone ki problem thi weight bhi bewajah bardh raha tha. Maine gynaecologist se consult kiya to unho ne mere test karawaye ultrasound karwaya to usme PCOS ka pata chala pehle 3-4 months to without medicine periods aate hi nahi the, lower abdomen me bahut pain bhi rehta hai lekin April 2017 se mere periods regular aate hain lekin lower abdomen me bahut pain rehte hai bharipan bhi rehta hain. Jab periods hote hain uss time to rehta hain hi pain lekin periods khatam hone ke bad bhi bahut pain rehta hain. Kabhi kabhi bahut chakkar bhi aata hain, bechaini, ghabrahat sa hota uske sath sath chest me bhi pain hone lagta hain bahut thakan bhi hota hain. Jaise kuch bhi sochte hain koi bhi bat ko lekar bahut tezz headache hone lagta hain. Morning me jab bhi so kar uthti hoon to bahut tezz headache rehta hain kabhi kabhi to bed se uthte waqt turant niche gir jati hoon headache ke wajah se Mujhe thyroid ki bhi problem hain. Eltroxcin 50 mcg leti hoon. Main kya karu mujhe suggestion dijiye. Thank You.
Heavy pain in my vagina during intercourse. I have been diagnosed with water cysts in my vagina and have PCOS. Is the pain related to PCOS. My husband is very angry since I am not able to give pleasure to him due to this pain? I am 26 years old.
I have pcod. Which is severe since 3 years. I'm taking homeopathic medicine. Could you prescribe a allopathy less costly medical.
I am 26 years old had history of 3 miscarriages 1st one unkwn reason, 2nd one rubella infection 3rd molar pregnancy. Now I am conceived my LMP date is 23-dec 16. Doctor has asked to test somany tests. TSH value came as 6.1 so doctor given THYRONORM. I want to know details regarding this. Doctor said I have hypothyroidism. But previously always I have normal TSH only. Some are telling its common to spike TSH during early pregnancy. Is it very common. And what foods should I avoid to control my TSH. ?CAN I USE ZANDU BALM or AMRUTANJAN BALMs for headache?
Sir aise to mera 11 July ko period shuru huaa tha or pahla din se hi gharb nirdhok kha rahi hun or sex period ke 6v din me kiya tha par mujhe hamesha thakan mehsus hote rahta hai. Sir agar mai pregnant huyee bhi hun to aap mujhe gharbpat karne ki pill ka name bhi bata dijiye please sir help me.
For the lump in the breast is operation required? After mammogram also do we need to get operated and remove that lump? How much does it cost?
Hi am 7 week pregnant lady .but at this time im suffering from heavy sneeze ,sinusitis and nit time cough while am consulting a doctor she prescribed herbex expectorant syrup and cipla tablet for 2 days .shall I use this medicines is it any side effect problem for my baby kindly reply please.
There is a tradition in a lot of families to clean ears regularly with ear buds or q tips and those who don't do it are many times considered unhygienic. But it may risk hearing ability. Inside ear is a very delicate structure and is likely to be damaged easily even with trivial trauma.
First, we must understand that wax has a useful role to play in the ear, it lubricates protects and renders antiseptic property. Ears without wax feel dry and itchy. Wax is self-cleaned from our ear canal propagated by movements of the jaw. So most of the times there is never any need to clean wax from inside the ears. The only external surface of the ear should be cleaned with a cloth.
Many times attempts to clean ears with ear buds results in injury to the delicate skin of ear canal and even worse it may injure the eardrum or if there is a wax chunk it may push deep into the eardrums.
Earwax needs to cleaned only when it obstructs the sound pathway to ear drum. When there is a feeling of fullness or blockage or plugged, there is a partial hearing loss there is ringing in the ears or tinnitus or noise in the ear or there is itching or odour in the ear.
Many times home remedies are useful to remove ear wax like instilling drops of mineral oil glycerine or commercially available drops. If not successful then it should be removed by ent surgeon. Ent surgeon may wash earwax out with warm water or saline. Sometimes ent surgeon may remove wax by suction or microinstruments under a microscope. There is no proven remedy for frequent wax impaction but it is very important to avoid inserting any object inside the ear to clean wax. Those who get frequent wax impaction or using hearing aids may need to see ent surgeon every 6 to 12 months to clean wax regularly.
How much safe a sex during pregnancy (20 week) running. Age 26 Years . What are the precautions should we have to take, if we can? Also observed that, a liquid discharge from breast. Is it normal or should we have to take action on it?Please tell.
Childbirth comes within an age bracket. Women feel this more so than men. Career demands or other personal choices can delay the time to get pregnant. Thus, freezing your eggs can prove to be beneficial, if you delay childbirth to focus on your career or education, or if you have certain medical conditions such as cancer.
- Egg Retrieval: Before the eggs are harvested, there is a lot you have to do. The first month is spent taking blood tests and ultrasounds. In the second month, you will have to take medicines before your procedure for egg retrieval. Ultrasounds and blood tests are also conducted at this stage to monitor the growth of the eggs. Around the time of your ovulation, the eggs will be harvested. You will be lightly sedated during the procedure. After the procedure, you might feel bloated and experience cramping. At least 15 eggs are retrieved for optimum chances. The medicines prescribed are all hormone injections which you can self-administer.
- Freezing and Storage: The largest human cell is the egg. It is comprised mainly of water. When the eggs are frozen, crystals can form which can destroy it. So an anti-freeze replaces the water after the eggs are dehydrated. This prevents crystal formation. Eggs are frozen using vitrification. In this process, the eggs are either slowly or flash frozen. Eggs can be frozen for as long as 10 years. This does not hamper the quality.
- Risks: There is no guarantee that freezing eggs will lead to having a baby. Sometimes, eggs do not survive the freezing or the thaw.
- Advantages: For women who are suffering from cancer, freezing their eggs might be the best option. They might want to preserve their fertility before their cancer treatment starts. This is useful since radiation and chemotherapy can harm your chances of getting pregnant.
The obvious advantage of freezing your eggs would be the fact that it gives you time. It lets you decide and keeps you one step ahead of your biological clock.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The uterus, or womb, is a muscular structure and is held in place by ligaments and pelvic muscles. If these muscles or tendons become weak, they cause prolapse and are no longer able to hold the uterus in its place.
Uterine prolapse happens when the uterus falls or slips from its ordinary position and into the vagina, or birth waterway. It could be complete prolapse or even incomplete at times. A fragmented prolapse happens when the uterus is just hanging into the vagina. A complete prolapse depicts a circumstance in which the uterus falls so far down that some tissue rests outside of the vagina. Likewise, as a lady ages and with a loss of the hormone estrogen, her uterus can drop into the vaginal canal. This condition is known as a prolapsed uterus.
Risks: The risks of this condition are many and have been enumerated as follows:
- Complicated delivery during pregnancy
- Weak pelvic muscle
- Loss of tissue after menopause and loss of common estrogen
- Expanded weight in the stomach area, for example, endless cough, constipation, pelvic tumors or accumulation of liquid in the guts
- Being overweight
- Obesity causing extra strain on the muscles
- Real surgery in the pelvic zone
Symptoms: Some of the most common symptoms of prolapse involve:
- Feeling of sitting on a ball
- Abnormal Vaginal bleeding
- Increase in discharge
- Problems while performing sexual intercourse
- Seeing the uterus coming out of the vagina
- A pulling or full feeling in the pelvis
- Bladder infections
Nonsurgical medications include:
- Losing weight and getting in shape to take stress off of pelvic structures
- Maintaining a distance from truly difficult work
- Doing Kegel workouts, which are pelvic floor practices that strengthen the vaginal muscles. This can be done at any time, even while sitting down at a desk.
- Taking estrogen treatment especially during menopause.
- Wearing a pessary, which is a gadget embedded into the vagina that fits under the cervix and pushes up to settle the uterus and cervix
- Indulging in normal physical activity
Some specialists use the following methods to diagnose the problem:
- The specialist will examine you in standing position keeping in mind you are resting and request that you to cough or strain to build the weight in your abdomen.
- Particular conditions, for example, ureteral block because of complete prolapse, may require an intravenous pyelogram (IVP) or renal sonography. Color is infused into your vein, and an X-ray is used to view the flow of color through your urinary bladder.
- An ultrasound might be utilised to rule out any other existing pelvic issues. In this test, a wand is used on your stomach area or embedded into your vagina to create images of the internal organ with sound waves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.