Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R SubramanianYour feedback matters!
I'm 76 years old person. Ultrasound of abdomen has revealed prostate enlargement with urine retention of nearly 22 ml. I am put on tablets veltam 0.4 mg. Since last year. But the urgency and frequency of passing urine persists. Am I put on correct medicine or some other medicines are recommended for my prostatic problem. At this advanced age I am scared of undergoing surgery. Please advise. I will be thankful.
My mother is a cancer patients, she taking cancer treatment, but she have BP & Sugar heavy, she takes tablet also it not come control, you can suggest how to control both.
She have a breast problem once in a month getting pain can't press, can't touch? What should she do to cure?
I'm 61 years my diabetes is under control I have done sonography of whole abdomen and found that prostate gland is enlarged in size, 4.6 x3. 7x3. 6 cms in size Post-void residue size seen=6 cc Prostate volume=33. 0 cc Prostate weight approx =36.3 gms Pls let me know what to do I have taken flodart plus for three month now pls suggest me. During night time l have to pass urine three to four times.
I am a female of age 16 yrs. I have just noticed that one of my breast is bigger than the other. I don't know from how many days it is. Why this is so? Is this any symptom of ovarian cyst or breast cancer? I am really very worried. Pls tell me.
I'm 27 year old. Married no children I been suffering with fibroadenoma 7 years now I see dimpling 3 inches below my under arm it can be seen only when my arm is in air. Some pain also ultra sonography is clear it show 2 fibroadenoma side by side. Dimpling area is clear in ultra sonogram my gp don't see dimpling or puckering. What should I do?
He has blood cancer his age is 20 he had blood report with Ferritin Serum counts are 1650 and LDH is 1961 What to do.
My dad was suffered from cancer in toilet store place that opration was successful but now dad sade to me some blood drop come from panic and after the opration the toilet pace has been change from stomach stoma bag now using then way is blood is coming again that my question from panic after the operation success.
If someone is having symptom. Of adrenal cancer. Does not it can be easily detected in ultrasound after six month?
Is there any medication in allopathy for prostrate enlargement? Is surgery the only option available?
The development of abnormal cells that can spread to other areas of the body is known as cancer. It has about 100 types and includes cancer of the skin, lung, prostate gland and so on. Compared to normal body cells that follow a proper path of cell division, growth, and termination, cancer cells don't die but continue to develop and divide.
Holistic treatment of cancer involves purification and strengthening of body's immune system.
Ayurvedic treatment of cancer comprises an all-around approach keeping in mind your temperament and body characteristics, the affected energies in the body as well as the tissues involved. More importantly, the treatment focuses not only on the malignant spot but your entire body system. This is because Ayurveda believes in restoring harmony to your entire being for the ailment to be treated effectively so as to prevent its recurrence.
The treatment plan involves the purification of the body and of the toxins that influence the cells to attack your body. Certain blood cleansing herbs are administered alongside the recommendation of a detoxifying diet. To stimulate blood flow in your body, herbs that improve blood circulation are prescribed by a practitioner. This renders an efficient removal of toxins, prevents stagnant blood from forming and assists in the healing process of your tissues. Since it's a debilitating disease, herbs and minerals that boost your immunity are also suggested.
What are the holistic methods of treating cancer according to Ayurveda?
The treatment methods for cancer include:
- Elimination of toxins from the body through Panchakarma (a therapy that involves five cleansing procedures)
- Abstinence from lifestyle and foods that lead to the imbalance of the tridosha namely, vata (air), pitta (heat) and kapha (water and earth forces)
- Restitution of the functions of your digestive system
- Rejuvenation through a special form of treatment called rasayanas
- Recommendations on Ayurvedic preparations that can be taken along with radiotherapy or chemotherapy
- Suggestions on Ayurvedic medications for minimizing the side effects of the various cancer therapies
In addition to these, treatment also involves suggesting ways to relax the mind. Yoga, meditation, and praanayam (an ancient practice involving ways to control your breath) are some of the ways that are recommended for bringing about deep personal healing for cancer patients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Acidity ?
Please. Ask me cancer symptom's. And also define me its precautions. And please also tell me cancer types.
My aunt having cancer in throat. She done chemotherapy at 45 days. After that treatment, physician told to operate the tumor in throat. Shall we proceed for that surgery? Can you tell me to help this problem and cure that problem.
Sir, I have a lump in my left breast for so long. Only in the left not in right. It does not hurt but is it serious problem?
Mom is cancer patient recently she is suffering from cancer. So her chemotherapy is been stopped and she is having lots of pain.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor.
Related Tip: "Foods That May Cause Cancer"
The Pap Smear Test or the Pap Test is a screening test for cervical cancer. This test helps in detecting the possible growth and presence of precancerous as well as cancerous cells within the cervix - the opening of the uterus. This test was named after the doctor who discovered its use when it comes to detecting the signs of the early onset of this kind of cancer.
Let us find out more about the Pap Smear Test:
- Reasons: The main reason behind getting a Pap Smear Test done on a regular basis is to rule out any risk or sign of cervical cancer. Also, it can help in detecting the 40 sexually transmitted viruses that may be lurking around in your system. It is a fact that genital warts are born from the presence of the Human Papillomavirus or HPV which can be of 100 different types - out of which 40 lead to STDs. These STDs can be the start point of cervical cancer.
- HPV and the Pap Smear test: The Pap Smear Test may not be able to detect the exact kind of virus, but it can easily detect any cellular growth and changes that may be caused due to the virus. This helps in homing on to the risk or the beginning of cancer. In case this is detected, then the treatment can start before the problem becomes too difficult to manage.
- Candidates: The perfect candidates for the Pap Smear Test include women who have crossed the age of 21 years or above. Also, women who have a weak immune system due to the presence of the HIV virus also need to get this test done regularly as they are prone to risk of contracting cancer and infections, more than others. Once a woman over 30 years of age has had three normal Pap Smear readings in a row, she can ask her doctor to schedule her for a Pap Smear Test once in five years.
- Preparation: To begin with, you must ensure that you are not menstruating on the day of the test, in which case it will have to be rescheduled. Avoid having sex at least a few nights before the test as well.
- Procedure: The procedure for the test is pretty quick, but a little uncomfortable. The doctor will ask you to lie down before putting your legs up in stirrups and then insert a speculum into the vagina so as to extract sample cells for testing. The scraping action may cause mild pain later.
Get in touch with your doctor about getting regular Pap Smears to rule out the possibility of cervical cancer.