Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. R Subbaraman

Cardiologist, Chennai

300 at clinic
Dr. R Subbaraman Cardiologist, Chennai
300 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them....more
My favorite part of being a doctor is the opportunity to directly improve the health and wellbeing of my patients and to develop professional and personal relationships with them.
More about Dr. R Subbaraman
Dr. R Subbaraman is one of the best Cardiologists in Anna Nagar, Chennai. He is currently practising at Chest Clinic in Anna Nagar, Chennai. Don’t wait in a queue, book an instant appointment online with Dr. R Subbaraman on has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Chest Clinic

#Aa-102, 1st Street, 3rd Main Road, Anna Nagar. Landmark: Near By Anna Nagar Roundana, ChennaiChennai Get Directions
300 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. R Subbaraman

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

What are the sign of diabetes and high blood pressure in a person is there any home remedy for the treatment of high BP thanks.

MD - Consultant Physician
Cardiologist, Kolkata
Polyuia ie repeated urination. Poly dipsea means repeared thirst for water, & poly phagia means too much hunger these are symptoms for diabetes. Headache, lasiness, lassitudes, throbbing of heart are initial symptoms of bp unless complication arises.
2 people found this helpful

Hi sir, I had a problem in center of my chest from 4 month, it is more in the morning time nd also when I pressure on it?

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear lybrateuser, - Your problem could be due to costochondritis which is inflammation of the bony joints of the chest bone - avoid exercises like pushups, pull ups, lifting heavy weights, bending till pain subsides - take over the counter pain killer tablet after meals if problem is more - do x- ray chest to find out the exact cause.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

The patient is 70 yes old. Suddenly her BP came down to 65. What we should do to bring her BP to normal. She is diabetic, hypertension, cardiac patient. She is taking medicines for these. Can any one please advice?

MBBS, MRCGP ( UK), Diploma in Diabetes (UK), DFSRH (UK), DRCOG (UK)
Endocrinologist, Hyderabad
Hello Sir, She can drink fluids. Also she should see her doctor so that he could reduce her BP tablet dose. She can increase her salt content for a few days and see Hope this helps you Thank you.
4 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Good afternoon. I want to consult about my dad . That he got an heart attack last year . Because of sugar and blood pressure . Sir I wanna ask that he is smoking a lot and we don't see any effect of the medicines.

Diploma in Obstetrics & Gynaecology, MBBS
General Physician, Delhi
After 1 heart attack he didn't give up smoking, I am sure the treating doctors must have suggested to stop smoking and exposure to pollution and to make lifestyle modifications to control bp and keep sugar levels within healthy range. Though he needs to help himself to quit smoking as he is affecting others also due to second hand smoking, you can try to counsel him about the basics to prevent another heart attack. Btw what was the treatment for heart attack. Do get back with a positive feedback.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I shifted bangalore from assamone week ago for studies computer networking bt I am not adjusting here. Several thoughts are rounding on brain i. E hypertension. How will I get rid of all this things.

Fellowship in Comprehensive Ophthalmology, DOMS
Ophthalmologist, Sangrur
Hello in initial days everybody feels home sick and we face problems in adjustment. Focus on your target and try to make new friends and slowly we will adjust to new place.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My brother has a 2 inch hole in a heart is there any treatment or we can do operation?

Nephrologist, Chandigarh
Yes, it can be done depending upon the location whether it is vsd or asd. In vsd whether it is muscular or membranous ventricular septal defect and in case of atrial septal defect whether it is primary septal defect or not. There are many closure devices which can be used to close these defects by non operative way but in your brother's case, the defect is little large to be closed by a closure devices. The treatment also depends upon the whether patient has developed eissenmenger's complex or not.
11 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dear sir/madam I am having a very peculiar pain below the neck from past one year. That pain sometimes radiates in the chest region and lower back. Before a year when I realised about the pain I use to do heat therapy at home .it use to pain during bathing and walking. I use to have shortness of breath. My bp suddenly rose one day and I had to consult the doc. The doc did not understand the problem. Later I consulted homeopath and general physician but they told me to consult a neurologist. My ECG report and spine x ray report was normal. But bp was 200 which came down after I took medication. I do not have any bp problem. Few months later the bp problem was gone and suddenly my mouth and left part got numb as if I had a paralytic attack this happened twice but that too stopped. Now at present whenever I eat food I get pain exactly below left shoulder. This pain retains till partially food gets digested and till gas comes out. For this I take dabur pain hara from past several months. It gives me relief from gas and the pain too. I get unbearable pain sometimes. After eating my wife massages that area below left shoulder resulting in burping and finally pain comes down. Besides whenever I get depressed or frightened I get severe pain in that area. Honestly speaking I live in a very small town where neurologists are not available. And most important thing is that I am going through financial crisis and currently cannot afford the consultation and treatment charges. I am not able to understand what problem am I facing exactly. Please help me find a solution in the best possible way. I will be very grateful to you ever after. I am suffering from past one year. I hope you understand my problem.

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine, DM - Cardiology, Cardiac Device Specialist (CCDS - Physician )
Cardiologist, Delhi
Sir, you need to consult a cardiologist, you will require Echo and an angiogram, because your symptoms suggest that you probably have a blockage. Also the weakness you have mentioned is called a TIA, it is a stroke which has luckily resolved spontaneously. This can be very dangerous, so kindly consult a cardiologist and a Neurologist ASAP so that you can be put on medical therapy. None of this can be treated without investigations, so even though you have mentioned your financial issues, for your safety you take consultations with a cardiologist and neurologist in person.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 year old boy. I suffered from typhoid last year in the month of November. I recovered from typhoid in two months. Now I have no symptoms of typhoid but I feel so week and my BP is little higher 85/135. So what to do. And having pain onsternumbone.

Diploma in Child Health (DCH), MBBS
General Physician, Bangalore
Sir, you need to be examined for proper advice. You have not written bp reading properly. Your last line is not clear. Have you taken typhoid vaccine. Use boiled cooled water for drinking. Wash hands before eating. Take fruits and vegetables. Get back to me for further instructions.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I want to reduce tension and I want to be always happy sometimes fear inside my heart and while in sleeping, I want to also reduce fat, I am obesity, I want to have a perfect relationship with my wife.

M.S. Counselling and Psychotherapy
Psychologist, Bangalore
Dear lybrate user, to reduce stress in your life, start some exercise, meditation or pick up any hobby. Try to understand the source of this stress, analyse it and find the best options to get rid of this. Stress might cause overeating, so please learn" stress management techniques" to lose weight, concentrate on food having lesser calories and more of proteins and nutrients. Have plenty of water. Go for regular exercise, yoga, cycling, jogging whatever you like. To have perfect relations with your wife, understand what she needs from you. Encourage her to express her feelings and needs and you also express your feelings and needs to her. Open communication, individual freedom of choice, faith, care and love make a healthy married relationship. Also, please understand that if you want to have an" ideal" life, which will have less stress, no sadness and excellent relationships, then you are sure to be disappointed. Every other person in this world would like to have this. But this is not possible. We all will have some stress in life, we cannot be always happy, there will be sad moments in our life. Our relationships also will never be perfect, because each person in this world is unique and hence it is difficult to get along with other people. Because of all this, it is important to have" rational expectations" from life and even from people around us. If you try to be a perfectionist, you might not be satisfied in life. Take care.
19 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir there is a internal pain in my chest for about one month. What should I do sir?

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear lybrateuser, -your pain in mid chest could be due to hyperacidity -avoid spicy, fried & junk foods, have fresh homemade food with vegetables & fruits, do not skip meals, keep meal timings fixed, have dinner 2-3 hrs before bedtime, donot lye down immediately -have 8-10 glasses of water per day -take tab pan-40, 1 tab in the morning half an hour before breakfast -have snacks in between meals -if not much relief then do x-ray chest & ecg, consult a doctor.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have hairball from last one year continue and hyper tension low blood pressure too Just wants to know what r the symptoms of thyroid Is dis thyroid?

Homeopath, Bareilly
Symptoms of hypothyroidism are- 1] irritable mood 2] desire to lie down all the time 3] roughness of hair and skin and hair falling' 4] heavy menses in females 5] pitting edema 6] cold intolerance.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Increased blood pressure. Please tell major steps to control high blood pressure. Which diet should be taken?

PG Diploma in Emergency Medicine Services (PGDEMS), Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Alternate Medicine
Ayurveda, Ghaziabad
In ayurveda, Hypertension is referred to as Rakta Capa Vriddhi and it sees the vitiation of vata and pitta doshas as the main cause. Mix 1 teaspoon of onion juice with an equal amount of honey. Take once a day for 1 week. Upon noticing improvement, continue for several more days.
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have pain in chest give suggestion to consult export doctor and give some medicine.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.For your age pain chest could be due to anxiety, stress, Physical and mental strain 2. Avoid stress and strain 3.Do regular exercise, Yoga, Meditation, deep breathing exercise like pranayama etc. It will calm your mind, control your emotion and relieve stress 4.Take paracetamol 500mg one tablet sos after food up to a maximum of three tablets daily, 5. Drink plenty of water and take rest.6.if you have recurrent attack of chest pain take ECG and consult cardiologist.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 65 year old female. I was replaced with prosthetic mitral valve in 1990. I am on warfarin/a intron since then and monitoring INR monthly for adjustment of warfarin/ acitrom. Since last about 4 years I on Acitrom 2 mg daily. I was operated for subdural clot in brain due to fall while walking and was operated for its removal in 2000. I am taking metolar 50mg daily on that account. I am also taking digoxin 1/2 daily. I am now advised to go for cataract operation by eye surgeon in right eye. Is there any risk for the cataract removal surgery. What precaution are required during surgery. Any special advice for cataract surgery.

FPRS, DNB Ophtalmology
Ophthalmologist, Pune
todays cataract surgery is predominantly blood-less so there is hardly any chance of bleeding as surgery is usually performed using anaesthetic drops and without any injection. only thing that you need to take care is have a proper physician checkup before you plan surgery and have a anaesthetic standby rest no other special advice
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I suffer high blood pressure problem, I'm taking medicine twice in a day but my head is paining too much why?

MBBS, MD - Medicine, DM - Cardiology, Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Electrophysiology
Cardiologist, Delhi
Could be if your blood pressure is high, sometimes Bp medication can also cause headache or it could be due to some other reason Meet your physician to get proper evaluation.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

From since one month am not able to concentrate on any work always I ll be in sad mood and some Wat in depression, don't like to mingle with any one before I was not like this, always one or the other thing will be running around my mind, I feel like dieing and feeling alone pls suggest some answer tat I shld be happy and feel free from mind as well as from heart. Pls answer.

General Physician, Gurgaon
Get your Thyroid function test done and review with reports This problem can be solved by meditation i can give you address of Rajyoga meditation center near your house (this is free of cost) Tell me name your city than i will give you address of centre consult Psychiatrist for further managment
8 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Sir I have scabies on chest what can I do it pain a lot and increasing day by day advise me its treatment and precautions.

CCEBDM, PG Diploma In Clinical cardiology, MBBS
Cardiologist, Ghaziabad
1.Wash all clothing, bedding and towels in HOT soapy water with Borax daily. 2.Change your under garments twice daily 3.Change bedding daily. For medicne contact on private chat.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 22 years old female and I have chest pain from last 6 month. I used medicines which provided my Physician name as Himcospaz but its not that much effective. What should I do.

General Physician, Mumbai
Dear lybrateuser, chestpain is due to multiple reasons like acidity, heart problems, lung problems, muscular pain. Get yourself thoroughly investigated if not done yet so that the exact cause of pain can be known. Avoid eating spicy, fried & junk food. Do deep breathing 5-10 min every morning. Take antacid tablet 1 tab after every meal, continue if you get some relief.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 42 years old male. Last week, my BP shoot up 150/90 in second time (first time shootup BP150/100 before four years back but did not took medicine and after excise my BP was normal 120/80). Dr. advice me test, In report my Uric Acid Serum level was 7.84 and Total Cholesterol level 263, Triglycerides 184, HDL 57, VLDL 37, LDL 169 and CRP (HS) 4.2. Other KFT, LFT, Lipo protein (a), Calcium, phosphorus, ECO and Hemograme are normal. Dr. advice me table TONACT 10 mg for cholesterol for 3 months and cardace h 2.5. What should I do for control BP and cholesterol?/

Ph.D - Ayurveda, MD - Ayurveda, Diploma in Diet and Nutrition, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), Diploma Yoga
Ayurveda, Jaipur
U have already all the major tests done. Lipid profiles are high and uric acid is also it is high time to get ur body detoxicated. go for a complete detox of ur body with the help of ayurveda's Panchakarma therapy. It includes Abhyangam (Massage with medicated oils) n medicated steam bath. this wud rejuvenate ur body - improving ur work efficiency and bettering ur sleep. It will also strengthen ur nerves and muscles. These procedures will take out the harmful toxins out of ur body - cleansing ur body. Also take Shirodhara which would completely take the stress out of ur body and u will feel light, fresh and full of energy.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Her triglyceride level is high and the cholesterol level is also in just higher range. What medicine is required?

MBBS, MD - Internal Medicine
Internal Medicine Specialist, Faridabad
High triglycerides and cholesterol can cause atherosclerotic heart disease or narrowed coronary arteries in the heart can cause the symptoms of angina, when theheart muscle is not provided with enough oxygen to function. Decreased blood supply to the brain may be due to narrowed small arteries in the brain or because the larger carotidarteries in the neck may become blocked. This can result in a transient ischmic attack or stroke. Peripheral artery disease describes gradual narrowing of the arteries that supply the legs. During exercise , if the legs do not get enough blood supply, they can develop pain , called claudication . Other arteries in the body may also be affected by plaque buildup causing them to narrow, including the mesenteric arteries to the intestine and the renal arteries to the kidney. Change life style .do meditation,yoga, Go walk daily, do any one physically activity daily any game., Avoid fast foods,oily foods,junk foods,alcohol,smoking,fatty foods, non-veg.,avoid stress,take plenty of water in day time. And 1 glass of water before bed at night. use flax oil, omega-3 fatty meal or cap., take .green veg., whole grain. Garlic,. Cod liver oil. Take anti cholesterol medicines .
2 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed