Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.Srinivas
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R.SrinivasYour feedback matters!
My mother was admitted in hospital for brain problem. In ICU ON VENTILATOR. Doctors are saying she is suffering hypoxic brain issue. Please help me to get her recover asap from this.
Seizure - Sudden surge in electrical activity of the brain; which affects how a person looks or behaves for a short time.
Be Calm -
- You must be calm. Reassure People.
- Place a soft object below the head.
- Be Reassuring and friendly as the person recovers.
- Ensure that the person does not hurt themselves by removing objects that may injury them.
- Always time every attack. The time beginning of the attack until the person regains composure and awareness.
If fallen - Position
- Turn the person gently to one side - Recovery Position. This will ensure airway remains patent and prevent aspiration.
Never to do
- DO NOT hold the person down or try to stop the movements.
- DO NOT try to force open the mouth or insert hard objects like wooden sticks, spoons or finger, as this will increase injury to you and the patient.
Once Person recovers, offer him help to reach his residence or hospital, if he seems confused and dazed. Be Reassuring and Friendly as person recovers.
- Epilepsy Foundation
- Indian Epilepsy Centre
I am suffering from migraine headache. There are some dark spots like pimple on my face and forehead after recovering from chickenpox.
I am looking for a solution for hand's because whenever I am doing some work they start shaking and it looks very bad when someone comments while looking at my shivering hands .and my stamina is very low while working my breath goes higher.
Sir, mujhe body me kampan sa hone lagta hai jab kisi se jyada gusse me ya fight karne par. Sir iska upay btaye.
These are steps you can take to prevent harm if and when you do sleepwalk:
- Keep a safe sleeping environment, free of harmful or sharp objects.
- Sleep in a bedroom on the ground floor, if possible.
- Lock the doors and windows.
- Cover glass windows with heavy drapes.
- Place an alarm or bell on the bedroom door.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired. Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.