Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Accident Injuries Treatment
Head And Neck Cancer Surgeries
Anterior Segment Surgery
Endoscopic Skull Base Surgery
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cancer Pain Management
Column Traumatology Procedure
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Submit a review for Dr. R.SrinivasYour feedback matters!
My wife aged 50 years has been encountering eyes problem that is her eye lids close and it takes time to switch on, She had been visiting an Eye Institution in Delhi and on her last visit the attending Doctor advised her to consult a Neurologist as it may be to do something with the nerves. Request you to kindly render advise and plan of action as my wife is not been able to take on extreme stress. Thank You in anticipation.
When I was trying to stand I am getting shivering in whole body not only when standing periodically too.
My mother is diagnosed with Parkinson's disease I have visited 9 neurophysician across India but they rejected the chance of improvement with no chance of surgery. They said she will never be as she was previously is it true or you think different pls share with me.
I have headache almost 10 years I'm also consulted my doctor my doctor told me have migraine problem doctor suggest me a lemolate tab I'm taking this medicine after that my headache is not relief pls sir I have no idea about this headache problem. If any medicine and suggestions for me. Thank you.
Hi my name is Anitha, from past few months I am suffering from headache, I am thinking that may be that is migraine, how I know that is normal headache or migraine?
Sir I am suffering from migraine what should I do for felling relax. I there is affect cigrate on migraine. It too much affect my daily routine.
My symptoms in the body seems I am in the early stage of parkinson disease. Is there anything I can do to stop it to become more? Please help.
What is the method to resolve migraine problem? Any medicine aur treatment, what is better and how many times it will continue?
My Son is 25 yrs old. He recd. his first epileptic attack when he was 13 yrs. old. Since than he is under allopathic medicine. Treatment is prolonged because he kept on receiving mild to high attacks every after 2-3 months. He went to Pune for studies in July'12. During these last two yrs he recd. mild attacks two time. He gets these attacks whenever there in exertion due to studies as he needs to work for long hours for 10-12 hrs. a day. Is it advisable to switch over to either homeopathic/Ayurveda treatment for him. Kindly advice. Regards, Satish
Level causing mild narrowing of bilateral neural foraminae. Doctor has advised surgery which I do not want. Please Advise whether any other treatment is available.
Epilepsy is a disorder of the central nervous system, thus it is basically a neurological disorder. In this the nerve cell activity of the brain is disrupted and causes seizures along with episodes of unusual behavior along with the loss of consciousness. The symptoms of the seizure can vary and some people with epilepsy just stare blankly for few seconds when a seizure takes place, while some twitch their arms and legs repeatedly.
Symptoms of Epilepsy:
As epilepsy is caused by the abnormal activities in the brain cells, seizures affect the processes with which the brain coordinates. Some signs and symptoms are:
- Staring blankly
- Confusion which is temporary
- Uncontrolled jerking movements of the legs and arms
- Loss of awareness and consciousness
- Psychic symptoms
Mostly the symptoms vary depending on the type of the seizure. The seizures are further classified into focal and generalized depending on which part of the brain shows abnormal activity.
When seizures are due to the abnormal activity of the cells in just one area then it is known as focal seizures. These seizures are of two types:
- Simple partial seizures or the focal seizures without loss of consciousness. These seizures basically alter the emotions and the things like change in smell, look, sound and taste. These also result in the involuntary jerking of the body like the legs and arms, with spontaneous sensory symptoms like the tingling and flashing of the lights.
- Complex partial seizures or the focal dyscognitive seizures. These seizures have a loss of awareness and consciousness. One might just stare blankly into space in this seizure and performs repetitive activities like swallowing, chewing, walking in circles and chewing.
There are six types of generalized seizures. These are:
- Absence seizures, also known as petit mal seizures, are commonly seen in children and are characterized by subtle body movements like lip smacking and eye blinking and staring blankly into space. These also cause loss of consciousness.
- Tonic seizures lead to stiffening of the muscles. These affect the muscles of the legs and arms and also cause to fall to the ground.
- Atonic seizures are also called as drop seizures. These cause loss of control in the muscles, thereby leading to collapse or fall.
- Clonic seizures are the rhythmic and jerking muscle movements. These affect the arms, face and neck.
- Myoclonic seizures appear as twitches in the arms and legs.
- Tonic-clonic seizures also known as grand mal seizures are very dramatic and lead to body stiffening, abrupt loss of consciousness, shaking and loss of bladder control and tongue biting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.