Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R. SowmyaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from excess of uric acid in my body. So there will be always pain in some of the joints. So please suggest me better solution and also what could be the balanced diet?
Hi sir good evening am having an issue with my back bone what to with that, where can get solution for my problem sir.
Both heat and cold therapy can help. It may take some trial and error to find out which works best for you.
How does heat therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Heat dilates (opens up) blood vessels, stimulates blood circulation and reduces muscle spasms.
At home you can try dry heat such as heating pads or moist heat such as warm baths or heated moist towels.
How does cold therapy help reduce swelling and pain?
Cold works differently, it constricts (closes blood vessels) then opens them up again closes and opens up. This alternate closing and opening cycle of blood vessels drains out swelling and toxins from that area. At home you can use ice packs with covers or traditional ice bags or ice cubes in a plastic bag with proper covers so its not too cold.
Both heat and cold should be used very carefully only when sensations are normal otherwise it can cause burns or damage to skin and tissues.
Professional health care providers such as physiotherapists use moist heat, deep heat such as ultrasound therapy and cold therapy along with joint and tissue mobilizations, specific stretching and strengthening exercises, customized tips about improving posture, ergonomics, sleeping habits for long lasting relief from pain.
This is about my mother she is 55 years old and she is working all work by professional she is a teacher she always got pain in her knee and spinal cord please suggest some health that she can take along with milk
I am 64 years male. I suspect have cancer. My left armpit had a very small lump, had pain while pressing. Now I cannot feel lump but I am unable to lift my arm cause severe pain on shoulder. For past an year, loosing weight unintentionally. 69 kg to 63 kg.
My mother suffering from side pain from thigh to Barton of right side hand, which is very severe pain and she is now about 48 years n doing agricultural work. please suggest da remedy. Thank you sir.
Sir i have safariing form (As) HLA B-27 my age is 20 what can i do Plz. Sir advice me ,i have pain in right leg (in hip joint ) advice me , presently i am taking homeopathic treatment .
I have throbbing pain in the back of my right shoulder and little bit of swelling as well. Please advice whom should I consult?
Hi My mother is 63 years og age. She is overweight 100+. Also she is diabetic, hypertensive also having problems in breathing. The main problem is that she is having severe Osteoarthritis of knees. Mostly all Orthopaedic Doctors have advice knee replacement but have also told us that this would be a bit difficult in her case as she is having many other problems. Is there any other treatment rather than knee replacement so that she can live her rest of life without any pain and difficulty.
As children we wait to grow up and have a strong body as endorsed by our favorite movie stars, athlete, close friends and family members. We all strongly believe that a good physique is a great ways to attract people. What we often fail to recognize is that reaping a healthy body and a good physique requires small daily inputs. There are small things which most of us can do to help our muscles remain young and strong. Read on to know more about some magical ways to look youthful.
- Lift those Weights: While most think of cardio workouts, not everybody turns to the weights (learn more to maintain the healthy weight). Weights are one of the best ways to maintain muscle mass. Include it as a part of your routine, do it often, and gradually increase the frequency and the weights to cover all body parts including arms, back, shoulders, chest and legs.
- Eat more protein: A protein-rich diet reduces the risk of muscle loss. While most people tend to just move to an all-protein diet, that is not the best way. For 1 kg of your weight, add 1.5 g of protein in your diet. For muscle building, you need about double what a normal person would need, which is about 0.8 g per kg. As a safe practice, check with your trainer and dietitian to arrive at a diet that would suit your requirements (Read more about Importance of Protein)
- Plan your meals: As your body needs all essential ingredients, plan your meal to ensure it covers all nutrients. From a muscle building point of view, ensure the required amount of protein is packed in all the 3 meals. It is good to spread out the protein intake through your meals rather than have one protein-loaded meal in a day.
- Pomegranates: These so called 'wonder fruits' contain a molecule which reduces the effects of ageing in the muscles. There are even pomegranate extracts which are believed to provide the same benefits, so the season is not a problem.
- Get some sun: While it is definitely not advisable to sun bath daily, getting a good amount of sun on a daily basis is very good for both the mind and the body. Sunlight, which is the main source of vitamin D, can reduce muscle weakness. It is also essential for calcium absorption, which is essential for muscle and bone health. Reduced amounts of vitamin D have been shown to lead to muscle wasting. A good idea is to walk or run out in the sun instead of in the gym. You get the benefits of both the sun and the workout, leaving you rejuvenated.
Try these simple tricks and see your muscle take time to lose their firmness and strength.