Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R SelvakumarYour feedback matters!
The heart pumps pure blood to all parts of the body through a network of arteries. These are thicker in the beginning and become finer and thinner as they reach the various organs. These arteries are lined by a layer of epithelial tissues and as blood flows through them, the heavier cholesterol / fat molecules settle down along the walls.
This attracts more and more fat molecules to settle down. This is known as atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries). Over a period of time, the vessels circumference reduces and the blood supply to the target organ reduces. This impacts proper functioning of these organs and when this happens to the major organs like the heart, kidney or the brain, conditions like stroke or thrombosis or heart attack can occur.
This condition, known as coronary artery disease, is becoming a major cause of deaths. While that is the bad news, the good news is that it is largely lifestyle dependent, and if steps are taken, it can be prevented, and in the early stages, the damage completely reversed.
1. Diet: A low-fat, high-fiber, heart-healthy diet consisting of Omega-3 fatty acids is recommended by doctors, especially to people who are prone to develop heart disease. This also requires reduced salt, increased unsaturated fats, reduced triglycerides and reduced sugar. Include loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds and fish oils. Include multivitamins or other supplements after checking with your doctor.
2. Exercise: Regular exercise in any form increases the efficiency of the circulatory system, keeps the cholesterol levels in check and helps in blood pressure management. Exercise in any form is advisable, based on individual preference. A moderate physical activity of 30 to 45 minutes per day is advisable.
3. Smoking: This is one of the major risk factors for smoking, and quitting or controlling smoking is one of the best methods to prevent coronary artery disease.
4. Alcohol consumption: While moderate alcohol consumption is believed to be healthy for the heart, excessive alcohol consumption is a strict no-no. Binge drinking especially is shown to cause heart attacks.
5. Weight management: Check with your doctor on what is ideal BMI for you and work out a plan to keep your weight under check.
6. Regular medications: If you are on blood pressure or diabetes medications, ensure you do not miss them. Keep a constant check to ensure your readings are managed well.
7. Watch out: Ask your doctor if there are specific symptoms that you need to watch out and seek medical support if you see any of them.
Coronary disease is not treatable fully, but can be prevented and managed effectively to improve the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Sr I am suffering from huge amounts of hair fall and due to which I lost half or more than half of ma hair in summer due to excessive sweating from hair a wet white layer deposit on my hair n in cool weather I use to loss ma hair due to dandruff n ma dandruff could not be seen from outside n itching also occurs could this be treated n I could gain ma lost hair due to which hair lining Ar visible.
I have back ache in nearly rt side from 3-6 months. It goes along the leg till the feet. Please tell me the cause of it.
I have a fungal (white coloured) infection in my back from last 1 year. I have taken medicine but. The problem not solved yet.
I am 23 years old girl. I have acne and pores on my face. How to avoid that naturally? please help me.
Dear doctors, I suffers from having sweat on my palm, and it feels me guilty in front of other person, while holding phone or tv remote and shaking hand etc Will you pls suggest me something that it will gone for forever.
The ability to engage in goal-directed behavior despite exposure to stress is critical to resilience. Questions of how stress can impair or improve behavioral functioning are important in diverse settings, from athletic competitions to academic testing.
Controllability is a key factor in the impact of stress on behavior: learning how to control stressors buffers people from the negative effects of stress on subsequent cognitively demanding tasks. In addition, the impact of stress on cognitive functioning depends on an individual’s response to stressors: moderate responses to stress can lead to improved performance while extreme (high or low) responses can lead to impaired performance. Stress is part of life. Pursuing goals despite exposure to stressors, or better yet, showing enhanced functioning in response to stress, are abilities that are fundamental to survival and resilience.
For a broad range of daily goals, it is critical to know what type of stress can help or harm behavioral functioning. Musical concerts, athletic competitions, and academic testing are all settings in which stress may either impair performance or fuel pursuit of goals. To perform optimally, healthy humans must expose themselves to the types of stress that promote the most enhanced functioning possible. The effects of stress on cognitive functions, specifically, may mediate the helpful and harmful effects of stress in complex domains. Stress has yielded evidence for both positive and negative effects of stress and stress hormones on cognitive functions.
Working memory, a function thought to be very important for executive function , is particularly sensitive to such effects. Stress exposure can lead to improved performance and the same types of stress exposure can cause impaired performance. Controllability of stressors is also a key factor that influences how stress affects behavioral performance.
In India, I personally feel, there is low controllability which is a characteristic of stress that has been explored in “learned helplessness”. We notice people exposed to equivalent stress but they differ on whether or not it is possible to learn to control stressors. Learned helplessness research has provided evidence for the harmful effects of exposure to uncontrollable stress, as well as the protective effects of having behavioral control over stressors. Specifically, while exposure to uncontrollable stress leads to passivity, negative affect, and disrupted performance on subsequent cognitively demanding tasks, being able to learn how to behaviorally control the same stressor buffers you from these negative effects. Controllability of, and individual responses to, stressors influence the effects of stress exposure on cognitive and behavioral functioning.
Hope and hopelessness are two sides of the same coin. A person going through feelings of hopelessness can easily overcome it with cognitive thinking, healing, medication, behavioral therapy and positive attitude. In this article, we will quickly go through the reasons for feeling hopelessness and ways to come out of the such a mental state.
- Feeling Alienated- Alienated individual often go through a feeling that they are somehow different from others. As an extension of the feeling, they often include themselves in the group of unworthy of support, love, and care. Thus, they shut themselves off to refrain from further rejection and pain.
- Forsakenness- Forsakenness essentially means that an individual finds himself alone in the time of greatest need. This can lead to utter hopelessness leading to depression and lonely.
- Uninspired- This feeling of lack of inspiration can lead to hopelessness. This is especially witnessed in the underprivileged and minority category due to lack of opportunities and right role model within the social circle.
- Powerlessness- This is a major cause of hopelessness in one’s life. The feeling of getting stuck or unable to script the story of one’s life can lead to demoralization. The feeling of powerlessness can crop in when a person finds a hindrance to navigate the direction of their life as per their choice.
- Oppression- Oppression can result from the day to day pressure of life, leading to a feeling of getting crushed or flattened.
- Limitedness- Limitedness can crop into an individual who is struggling for survival coupled with limited abilities in establishing the desired goal. This is extremely common among handicaps with poor financial stability. The feeling of existing in the world without the adequate facilities can lead to a feeling of hopelessness, despondency, and despair.
- Captivity- Emotional and physical captivity can result in hopelessness. Often prisoners fall into this category. A woman might also go through this feeling if she is going through an abusive relationship leading to unhappiness.
Getting hope back in life:
Overcoming the feeling of being doomed can be easily achieved by studying the facts. A patient receiving a fatal diagnosis from a doctor always has the option to study further about the diagnosis and take multiple consultations instead of giving in.
The feeling of powerlessness mostly happens because of labeling, positive discounting and personalization. An individual suffering from self-blame leading to discounting the positive aspects of his own self can practice reattribution. This is nothing but studying the reasons of negative emotions and carefully analyzing them.
Labeling, on the other hand, can be countered by mastering certain skill sets which an individual is bad at. For instance, if a person is often called as stupid, he should analyze why is he labeled so. Post the analysis he or she can work on getting that one thing right for which he has been labeled. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Have curved penis. Is there any problem while doing penetrate. I am getting married soon. Please let me know. Help me.
My wife is 40 years old lady having a problem in her throat with cough for last 1 month. Something burn feel in the throat some tomes. Please advise.
I'm having too many pimples on my face & those pimples are becoming scars on my face. Suggest me tips to reduce pimples & scars.
I have itching problem and this is very bad and I nervous when it happened please doctor tell me what can I do for overcome this problem.
I am 27 years old. My current weight is 76 kg. Is it OK for current age. I am feeling little fatty. Pls give me some suggestions.
In past days there are pimples on my face, now they all clear but the mark and pores are very irritating. Pls give any solution to make pores small and marks to be eliminate.
To know the reason of excess hair fall for a female of age 22, what type of tests are required to do?
It is common knowledge that fruits as well as vegetables provide you with a natural combination of large number of nutrients, which help in the overall nourishment of your body. However, there are differences that are quite noticeable. Both the categories can be further divided into subcategories:
- Fruits consist of
- Fruits such as apple, mango
- Nuts such as almonds and peanuts
- Legumes such as garbanzo beans
- Vegetables consist of
- Leaves such as lettuce and cabbage
- Stems such as asparagus and celery
- Buds such as broccoli
- Roots such as carrot, radish
Even though fruits as well as vegetables contain some similar nutrients, the number of micronutrients (chemical substances which are needed for the overall development and growth of the body) are generally higher in vegetables than fruits. On the other hand, fruits tend to have more macronutrients (types of foods required ion adequate amounts in one’s diet) as compared to vegetables.
Micronutrients are a class of nutrients that include vitamins, minerals and some phytonutrients that are mandatory for proper health. The right concentration of micronutrients plays a major role in supporting the healthy functioning of the organs. Leafy vegetables have an abundance of micronutrients such as the various vitamins as well as iron, calcium and magnesium; they play a major role in the proper functioning of the nervous system, bones, eyes, teeth, skin, muscles, blood cells, nails as well as the immune system. Root vegetables, along with being powerhouses of minerals and vitamins like the leafy vegetables, also additionally supply carbohydrates, especially complex-carbohydrates (carbohydrates which gradually supply constant energy to the body).
The main difference between vegetable and fruits is that fruits contain substantially higher amounts of macronutrients than vegetables. These are the energy giving and caloric components of foods. These include proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Apples, bananas, oranges and other common fruits have higher concentrations of simple carbohydrates or sugars, like fructose. Vegetables tend to have lesser levels of fructose.
Fruits vs. Vegetables
Giving preference to vegetables over other foods would help in increasing the intake of nutrients that aid good health. At the same time, it helps in reducing intake of foods with high calories. On the other hand, fruits have low levels of fat and high level of fiber and water. This is required by the body for maintaining its digestive health. Fruits also have low sodium-content and high levels of natural sugars. This makes them an adequate substitute for processed foods that contain empty calories. Fruits contain calories that are densely packed with nutrients that supply vitamins and minerals along with energy.
All in all a balanced mix of both of them is highly recommended as one cannot substitute the requirement another fulfills. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.