Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. R.SaravananYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, i am 27 years old male. Suffering from mumps since 4 days. Face has swollen across jaw line. And there is pain also. Visited a doctor and having all the medicines but problem has not gone. Please advice what should i do
I have a problem. As mine teeth yelllow colouring their stem. I used several company pastes but it never changed. And both cheeks turns black wounds with scars through brushing. Please tell a method to how can recover this.
I am 50 years old, 90 kg, 5. 8 feet heingh, slightly hypertensive, for almost a year or so I an not getting sleepvat night due to dry mouth after an hour or so. While exhaling I could feel sometimes that my breath getting stuck in the throat and comes out thru my mouth rather than nose causing dry throat and mouth.
Hello doctor, can you suggest me which is the best tooth paste can be used to avoid all types of teeth diseases. Thanks.
I am suffering with mouth ulcers trice in a every month. I used bplex forte tab twice a day. Still I suffering with same problem. So please give me a solution for this.
Actually my front teeth was broken slightly. At age 12. Can you tell me. What will be the cost for putting cup over the broken teeth.
I am 35 years old, male having teeth problems since 5 years which are shaking and loosing my teeth one by one. Please suggest me.
Too much burning senstion and pain inthe mouth apart from severe pain while swalloing due to concurrent chemo and radiation for squamous cell carcinoma.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis, can occur due to a multitude of reasons and is quite disconcerting. Chewing gum, using breath mints and mouthwash are just temporary solutions as they do not address the problem. Read on more to find all about the different causes, symptoms of bad breath and also about their prevention.
- Food: If food particles, which are stuck in and around your teeth start decaying, they promote bacterial growth, which causes a foul odor in the mouth. Eating certain foods, such as spices, onion and garlic also cause foul odor.
- Tobacco products: Smoking and chewing tobacco not only causes gum disease, but also causes a foul odor to be present, thus causing bad breath.
- Poor dental hygiene: If you do not brush daily, food particles in your mouth get stuck in your mouth between the teeth in particular, which decay and cause bad breath. A form of bacteria known as plaque forms over the teeth, which over time decays teeth and also causes foul breath.
- Dry mouth: A medical condition known as dry mouth, also known as xerostomia can contribute to bad breath as in this condition; the amount saliva produced from the salivary glands is reduced. This results in the growth of bacteria, which causes bad breath.
- Medications: Some medications can cause foul breath in an indirect manner as they cause dry mouth as a side effect, which in turn causes bad breath. Other medications break down in your body and the chemicals, which the medicine contains can be carried on your breath.
Dentists would usually rate the odor from your mouth either by smelling or by using certain sophisticated odor detectors. The back of the tongue is often the source of smell and the dentist is also likely to scrape the region and rate its odor.
- Maintaining oral hygiene: If the bad breath is due to the formation of plaque, brushing and flossing on a regular basis will prevent its growth, thus reducing or eliminating bad breath. Using mouthwashes also kills bacteria, hence eliminating the bad breath causing bacteria from your mouth.
- Treatment of dental disease: Gum disease can also cause bad breath as in this disease, the gums pull away from the teeth, which gives scope for bacterial growth causing bad breath. Treating gum disease, thus would also eliminate the scope for bacterial growth and eliminate bad breath at the same time.