Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pathologists in India. You will find Pathologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R.Sarasa ArumugamYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from distrubbed sleep and even small sound I hear while sleeping suddenly wake up. Suffering from laziness and my age 41 male, married. And I feel very weak and body pains.
I have planter fasitus from past 3 week. I took the sonic brush treatment but though initially the pain was reduced but still now and then the pain remains. Though some time the pain is bearable but some time not. Kindly suggest how to cure it. Also do's and don'ts. Also should I avoid certain type of foods?
My problem is constipation for last 4 year, I couldn't satisfied in latrine and on my face pimples are last 4 year. Sometimes I feel back pain and hand pain. So what can I do? Please give me suggestions! Thanks.
I have been experiencing dull pain on left side of my back and around shoulder from 5 yrs, the pain get more when I take deep breath and it feel like something or some muscle inside is squeezing. I have visited all sort of doctors but all they give is pantoprazole any say its gas and all. Recently I got a full body checkup and have high level of sgot, sgpt, cholesterol. What could be the reason for this problem, kindly help as I am worried.
Hello sir, I have cough and cold from last 3 days and my full body is paining. Please tell me what should I do?
Age 24, male. Weight 68 kg. I have very intense pain in my groin area, thigh and knees of both legs. The problem is for a year. My MRI and Xray indicates Avascular necrosis of both hips. I have been suggested hip replacement for which I am not willing at all. My question is what if I say, I will somehow manage with pain and avoid surgery. What are the risk in avoiding surgery in long term?
I have pain in my legs while running. It feels like it is around the leg above the 2 bumps. I cannot even start my running with a slow pace. Doctor advised me to get tested for vit d3 level. I usually sit in my room watching t. V and chatting. My report says vit d is 10.0 ng/ml. Do I really need supplements for reaching 50ng/ml or 30 minutes sunbath will work? And if sunbath then how much and I should take daily or alternate days will work. What is the best time to take sunbath? And if I need supplement then which is good for me. My age is 23 yrs. Thank you in advance.
Dear Sir/Madam, I had suffered from hepatitis ‘E’ along with leptospirosis infection in the year 2011. Post recovery I was feeling very weak along-with very much weakness in the body. As the passing of the time I usually felt good and my weight has also been increased. Doctor told to make to take everything in the diet. But from the last 3-4 years I am experiencing lots of changes in my body like poor digestion, excessive gas, bloating, indigestion, loose stool with mucus, 5-6 times visiting the toilet, fatigue,lethargy, weakness in the body, irritability,fear, nervousness,easily stressed out. Not able to get sound sleep at nights. I got a very weak immune system also. Visited lots of doctors here in Mumbai. Some doctors says I got physiological problems. Some says I have gastritis, some says I have IBS, some says that I must be having amoebiasis or H.Pylori infections. Some says that there is inflammation in the intestines and my intestines are weak. I am not getting proper solution to my problem. At times I am feeling very much depressed. I do not know what to do. I am feeling hopeless. I do not know what had happened to my body. Nobody able to properly diagnose the problem which I am having. I do not have any bad habits. I do not smoke, drink etc. But still I am so much problem in my body. Further, below are the test performed in order to rule out. OGD SCOPY + is can + biopsy PERFORMED OGD Scopy was considered to evaluate exact etiology of patients symptoms of Upper G.I.Tract. OGD Scopy revealed mild lax cardia with frank reflux. Stomach showed erosive gastritis with atrophic antral mucosa. Erosions were seen in the fundus and antrum. Chronic duodenitis was seen in the duodenal bulb and proximal duodenum. Biopsy was taken from antrum for H.Pylori. Comments: Endoscopic findings are suggestive of mild GERD with erosive gastritis with atrophic antral mucosa and chronic duodenitis. Patient will require dietary and lifestyle modifications apart from supportive medication for the same. Patient will require clinical follow up after 1 month. Biopsy confirmed for H.Pylori. ILEO-COLONOSCOPY+ is can+POLYPECTOMY PERFORMED Ileo-Colonoscopy was considered to evaluate exact etiology for patients complaints of 3-4 semi solids with blood streak stools. Adequate bowel preparation was done. Scope was passed up to terminal ileum, which essentially appeared normal. Multiple biopsies were taken from colon and sent for HPE. Left sided colon appeared spastic. Erosive proctitis was seen in rectum. 2 polyps were noted on the stapled line on previously done hemorrhoidectomy which was sent for histopathology. Comments: Ileo-colonoscopy findings are suggestive of irritable spastic left bowel with erosive proctitis and 2 polyps at the stapled line which can explain patients symptoms of blood streak stools. Biopsy material may provide additional information for further management. Patient will require reassurance apart from supportive medical care. Patient will require clinical follow up after 1 month. HISTOLOGY REPORT Specimen:1.Biopsies from the colon 2. Polyp from the rectum Gross:1. Three tiny bits aggregate to 0.4 cm. 2. Few polypoid grayish bits aggregate to 0.4 cm. Microscopic: 1. The colonic mucosa reveals orderly tubules. The lamina propria contains a mononuclear inflammatory infiltrate admixed with eosinophil and a focal lymphoid aggregate. 2. The polypoid bits are focally covered by a colonic mucosa. The lamina propria shows congested blood vessels and a moderate mononuclear inflammatory infiltrate admixed with neutrophil few eosinophil. No adenomatous change is seen. There is no evidence of dysplasia or malignancy. Diagnosis.1. COLON – MILD colitis 2. RECTUM – INFLAMMATORY POLYP.
Had intense body pain for 3 days at a stretch but has not reduced. I tried lots of pills but no medicines would help . What do I do doctor?
Shoulder pain and injuries
The shoulder is a ball-and-socket joint that has three main bones: the humerus (long arm bone), the clavicle (collarbone), and the scapula (also known as the shoulder blade). These bones are cushioned by a layer of cartilage
The shoulder joint is a very mobile joint which makes it very susceptible to injury. It moves the shoulder forward and backward. It also allows the arm to move in a circular motion, and to move up and away from the body.
Shoulders get their range of motion from the rotator cuff. The rotator cuff is made up of four tendons. Tendons are the tissues that connect muscles to bone. It may be painful or difficult to lift your arm over your head if the tendons or bones around the rotator cuff are damaged or swollen.
You can injure your shoulder by performing manual labor, playing sports, or even by repetitive movement. Certain diseases can bring about pain that travels to the shoulder. These include diseases of the cervical spine of the neck, as well as liver, heart, or gallbladder disease.
You're more likely to have problems with your shoulder as you grow older. It is especially common after age 60. This is because the soft tissues surrounding the shoulder tend to degenerate with age.
Most shoulder pain problems are:
- tendonitis/bursitis, injury or instability of the joint, or arthritic disease.
- rotator cuff syndrome is a strain or sprain or tear of the tendons that make up the rotator cuff.
- rarely, tumors, infections, and nerve damage cause shoulder pain.
- much neck pain is caused by soft tissue damage due to injuries such as whiplash or wear and tear due to overuse.
- damage to spine joints and bones, such as cervical disk degeneration, arthritis, or traumatic injury can cause severe pain and disability.
- fibromyalgia (whole body pain syndrome) can contribute to neck and upper back pain. Poor posture while performing everyday activities can also cause significant neck pain. Rarely, infections or tumors will cause neck pain.
- pinching a nerve in the neck or shoulder, or breaking a shoulder or arm bone, are also causes of pain.
- a frozen shoulder is when tendons, ligaments, and muscles stiffen and become difficult or impossible to move.
- a dislocated shoulder is when the ball of the humerus pulls out of the shoulder socket. An injury due to overuse or repetitive use can cause injury
A work environment that's good for the body is very important. Most of us spend hours each day sitting in front of our computer.
The first step to creating an ergonomic workstation is to consider how you spend most of your time at the workstation.
My father is having problem to sit on his arse due to pain in the tail bone. He hardly sits down in a chair or a sofa n lies down on his bed in stomach. It has been a year this coxis pain has troubled my father. Kindly suggest a solution to it. We've been to doctors who have said to take rest. The pain decreases when he is on leave n take rests but however the pain comes back again as he has to travel in bus or train sitting. I kindly ask you a solution to it. What do we need to do to cure it.
Dear sir, My mom facing heavy headache and body pain since yesterday morning, could you please suggest which tablet should have. She s diabetes and age s 61.
I am 30 year old male and I have noticed for four days that I am suffering from pain due to fever which is frequently comes. Maximum it comes in morning and evening time. My whole body broken down and I feel so tired with no power with me.
Sir I m getting pain in my right side of my testis back side. Pain is not much but I want to know that it not become more painful afterwards.
There are many structures in the lumbar spine that can cause pain. Any kind of trouble to the nerves and veins that goes through the spine, joint issues, the disks themselves, the bones and the muscles - would all be able to act as a cause behind the pain.
Numerous lumbar spine conditions are interrelated. For instance, an unstable joint can lead to disk degeneration, which can put weight on the nerve roots and cause the disk to collapse at times. The following are the main reasons behind the lumbar disk pain:
- Problems in the muscles: The biggest reason behind lumbar disk pain is muscle strain or other muscle issues. Strain because of truly difficult work, twisting, or different activities that can put pressure on your spine like heavy lifting, cause the disk to rupture or slip at times.
- Disk degeneration: Intervertebral disks are pads that are spongy and act as shock absorbers. This can cause pain in your disk. This condition can be referred to with many names, however, is famously known as degenerative disk disease.
- Lumbar Disk Herniation: Herniated disks are most common reasons behind the lumbar disk pain. A herniated disk may be caused all of a sudden because of damage to the spine or truly difficult work or happen gradually as a form of general wear and tear in the spine. Leg pain (sciatica) is the most widely recognized symptom of a herniated disk.
- Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction: The sacroiliac joint, which attaches to the base of the lumbar spine and the tip of the tailbone, can cause lumbar disk pain or even sciatic pain if there is any kind of fracture in the joint that allows for movement or rather, limits any particular movement.
- Spondylolisthesis: Spondylolisthesis happens when one vertebra slips behind the other or underneath it. The slip most normally happens in the lower lumbar vertebrae (e.g. L4 –L5 or L5 – S1). In case that the slipped vertebra presses the nerve root at that point, it can bring about shooting leg pain and gradually foot pain as well.
There are certain ways in which this problem can be treated to a certain extent. These methods are as follows:
- Common medications: Muscle relaxants. This solution works as an anti-depressant of the nervous system and expands as well as relaxes the tense muscles, easing pain from muscle stiffness or fits
- Back supports: A few patients find that a back support can be used to bring comfort and gradually diminish the pain. There is some proof that using a brace every day, can speed up the healing process and lessen the pain. A back support may likewise be useful after back surgery.
- Back Braces: Epidural steroid infusion. This infusion includes a steroid inserted specifically into the external piece of the dural sac, which surrounds the spinal chord. An x-ray, called fluoroscopy, is utilized to control the needle in the right area. The objective of the infusion is to soothe the pain by decreasing irritation around a compressed nerve root. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.