Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R S MOHAN KUMAR AND DR G.PAVITHRA MOHANYour feedback matters!
I am having a mouth as well as tongue ulcer so can you please suggest me what I have to do to cure it. From my childhood I am facing this problem.
My oral bones growth was not right. My upper jaw wasn't grown well, so palate also not good. As a result, gap between nose and teeth are very less. Is there any chance to make my upper jaw bones to grow correctly?
I have severe tooth pain in upper molar region. My whole right side has severe pain upto the neck region. What drugs should I take?
One of the irritating conditions that can affect the mouth of a person is sores, which can be quite painful. These sores can affect anyone of any age group or gender. Sores may make it difficult for a person to eat, speak or even swallow. Here are a few ways through which you can get rid of mouth sores quickly or at least alleviate the symptoms to lessen the pain:
1. Topical products - There are various types of creams and lotions which are available in the market as over the counter drugs for treating or at least lessening the symptoms of mouth sores. Some of the common chemicals used to treat the sores are Fluocinonide, Benzocaine and Hydrogen peroxide.
2. Food and nutritional supplements - In many cases the sores are caused within the body due to deficiency of nutrients such as Zinc, Vitamin B12 or B6 and the doctor may prescribe special medications to supplement the need for those within the body.
3. Rinses - Certain special types of oral rinses are prescribed by the doctors when treating mouth sores. Most of the rinses prescribed by the doctors have a steroid, namely dexamethasone, which proves to be effective in the treatment of mouth sores.
4. Cauterizing or destroying sores - In certain cases where topical or oral treatments haven't worked it may be necessary to correct it by cauterizing or using a special device to burn and destroy the sore so that new tissues can grow in its place.
5. Oral medications - Certain oral medications may be prescribed for sores which are caused due to underlying physical conditions such as ulcers.
6. Avoiding spicy food - Spicy foods are also a leading cause for canker sores as it may cause chemical imbalances within the stomach as well as inside the mouth and hence should be avoided as much as possible.
7. Improving general oral hygiene - Regular brushing, flossing, and proper oral care will definitely reduce the chances of getting oral sores. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Hello doctor my aunty is 44 year old she got teeth ache back 10 days bi medicine also it dint cure it spread another teeth so dentist told may have diabetes test sugar and come so she had test fbs is 180 please let me know any solution. Whether there is any ayurvedic medicine to cure that please doctor lt me know urgently.
Hello, everybody, I am Dr Priyanka Puri. I am an Implantologist and a cosmetic/ aesthetic specialist. I have been practising for the past 12 years now. Today we are here to discuss some common topics which everybody faces in dental. First, I would like to talk about the root canal.
A root canal is a simple procedure. Basically, in a root canal procedure, we make the tooth non-vital and in the procedure basically, there is 2-3 part of the procedure.
- The first part involves the opening of the tooth.
- The second part involves cleaning of the tooth nerves and the third part involves filling it with an artificial material which is bio compatible with the tooth structure and facing a cap over it for strengthening it.
And now, with latest technologies, a root canal can be done in single sitting also. When it is single sitting, the important part of single sitting is that your bone should not have any abscess or any pus discharge there. If it all it is there, then you will not probably want to finish it in a single sitting. And apart from that, the patient fears like how long the tooth will be there, how long the treatment will last for me and all those things. If you take good care of your root canal and if you maintain it well, the tooth is going to last you lifelong.
There is no issue that a patient should be facing with a root canal and then you are on your antibiotics and pain killers while you are going for a root canal procedure.
There are some symptoms which are very specific for a root canal like recurrent pain in mouth while eating, while not eating, while sleeping having shooting pain. Lot of pain while eating hot food or hard food probably that side will not be functional for the patient. So, all these symptoms also guide to a large extent that a patient is requiring or a tooth is requiring a root canal treatment.
A simple cavity is very different from a root canal with the symptoms itself. A simple cavity would not have all these symptoms aligned with it and root canal would be having these symptoms aligned with it. So, I should request all the people that you should be aware of the dental hygiene and in your mouth, if you see some cavities starting up, you should always get the preventive treatment done.
You should not wait for the decay to convert it to a root canal. Because then the tooth will be non-vital and will not help you with the preventive treatment.
My mouth is watering uncontrollably and speech is slurring. What causes it? Could you suggest any remedy?
Sir my age is 20. Aur Mere ek teeth ke kuch parts apne ap hi toot gaye or usme halka sa gadda ho gaya. Muje kya karma chahiye?
I am 42 year old, some gravitational sensation in front 4 teeth of my mouth. It is nearly six months like this sensation. What type of medicine could I take? please advise me.
My gums open from one teeth and teeth r yellow and more cavity prblm. How can I do my gums strong and out of cavity.
If plaque is left to sit on the teeth, over time it can harden and turn into something called tartar. As tartar builds up, it can push underneath the gums, causing bleeding or irritation, known as gingivitis. Gingivitis is the early stage of gum disease, and it can be stopped with good oral hygiene and simple dental treatments. If left alone, gingivitis can turn into severe gum disease, which can damage the bones holding the teeth, leading to tooth loss.
This all might seem kind of scary, but there’s no reason to stress out. Even though plaque buildup can harm your teeth and gums, it’s surprisingly pretty easy to keep it under control. Here are things you can do to keep plaque from taking over:
Brush after meals. Use a toothbrush with soft bristles, and a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste. Brush for two minutes, making sure to brush the back teeth.
Floss at least once per day. The best time to do it is before bed or after your last meal. Dental floss can target the plaque that’s hiding between your teeth, where a toothbrush can’t reach.
Visit the dentist twice per year for a checkup and cleaning.