Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. R S Anand Kumar VamanYour feedback matters!
I am feeling dizziness from last 5 to 6 days. I always want to sleep and sleep. What should I do to cure this?
I have hearing problem. When I eat, drink my both ears will block. When I blow air to out side fastly then it will open. Facing too much problem in office, home . Kindly help.
I am 42 years, I am going through worst headaches, diabetes, sinusitis and my bones are very weak. Please advise.
I have suffering with sinus from 2 years and I already consulted a doctor they said about some operation. Is there any other option with out an operation.
I am 61 my name is yogesh my problem is that whenever i walk in the morning after bath i feel dizziness for some time. My bp is normal and my general health condition is good.
I am 21 years old. I'm having tonsillitis from last 3 days . Can you suggest some homemade therapies for curing this ailment ?
I have developed an ulcer on the right side of epiglottis in my throat which has not been healing since the last 3 months. Now I am taking some medicine i. E. Valcivir 500, zinetac ranitideen hcl, l lysine and feeling some relief but too slowly. I wants to know whether these medicines are sufficient. And also give me some suggestion or prescription if any.
Sir mere sar mein dard ho raha aur gale mein itching ho rahi hai 3 din se. WHat to do? Please help me.
My head is paining from five days, I cannot sleep and my throat is also paining very badly I cannot eat my food.
I am suffering from severe ear pains frequently since 5 days, due to this I am unable to sleep properly. What should I do?
I am 24 year male, last one year facing tiredness, dull face, feel some weakness, hair loss, some time motion came with dilute like gel, if once I sit avg 30 minutes then stand that time I feel giddy, little memory loss.
I have nose allergy from two years I have went to many doctors . Doctors treatment has cured but it not cured completely only up to the doctors medicine.
Sir, I am having dull hearing. In case, If I close my nose and snuff, ears get cleared, but sounds will be as some movement in the ear I feel with ears get cleared and again normal position. Whether I should snuff the nose for ear clearance or any problem in doing so. Please give me details.
I am 48 year old female, recently developed vertigo imbalance. Please advise on do's & dont's and how to come out of this problem.
I am 23years I am having pilonidal sinus what is the main reason or background that is having for this disease as it will come maximum at the age of 18-28years majorly seen in men and what is the permanent solution for this.
I have mild dns in left ear and muscle thickening in left ear. Im feeling deep pressure in ear and blockage feeling some glue ear or feeling that bone come is come in between and air flow blockage occurs. When I sneezing nose so plugging sound occurs in left ear. Please tell me that what is my cause and, prescribe me medicine so ear blockages open and I live normally. This feeling og heavy hardness in ear goes. Please help me.
I always suffer throat problem due to tonsils from small age, whenever I consume cold water or sweet food I suffer from this I get fever and tonsils get bigger and red. Please recommend some kind of home remedies handle it without having any type of operation.
I have pain in my right ear and around the area of ear also. Sometimes the pain comes to throat also.
Vertigo is a medical condition where the affected person feels that the world or surrounding environment is spinning or moving. It is accompanied with nausea, vomiting, sweating and having problems in walking steadily. Moving your head worsens this condition. An illusion of movement is observed.
Vertigo arises from several conditions. There are mainly two types of Vertigo:
Peripheral Vertigo: This is the most common vertigo and is caused often due to a problem in the balance mechanism of the inner ear. The causes include:
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: Being one of the common causes of vertigo, BPPV occurs due to certain head movements when standing up or bending over. The attacks are short, powerful and recurrent in nature. Nausea is also accompanied. A feeling of lightheadedness and despaired balance is observed after the attack. Fragments of calcium carbonate crystals are broken off from the channel linings present in the inner ear. These fragments cause the problem by getting into the ear fluid canals, and certain head movement sweeps them across the canal causing vertigo.
- Head Injury: Vertigo develops due to head injuries, and the symptoms are similar to that of dizziness.
- Labyrinthitis: It is an infection in the inner ear, which causes the labyrinth of the ear to get inflamed. The labyrinth controls our hearing and balance. An inflammation causes it to send different information than the other, normal ear. This conflict causes vertigo. Such vertigo can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting, loss of hearing and ear pain.
- Vestibular Neuronitis: This is a condition pertaining to the inner ear, which causes inflammation of the nerve which connects the labyrinth to the brain. The condition arises from viral infections. Nausea and vomiting are observed, and this condition leads to vertigo.
- Meniere's Disease: This rare condition in the inner ear causes severe vertigo along with hearing loss and aural fullness. Meniere's disease prompts sudden vertigo attacks with nausea and vomiting.
Central Vertigo: Central vertigo arises from problems in the cerebellum of the brain and brainstem. Causes include:
- Sclerosis, a condition which affects the central nervous system
- Acoustic neuroma, a type of brain cancer growing on the acoustic nerve
- Brain tumors, stroke or transient ischemic attack
- Certain medications
Treatment of vertigo depends on the cause and on the extent of symptoms. Labyrinthis and vestibular neuronitis are cured by vestibular rehabilitation and medication. BBVV is treated using a process called the Epley maneuver. Meniere's disease is cured by modes of dietary restriction, medication, treating tinnitus and treating hearing loss. Generally, curing the cause of vertigo helps in healing the disorder.
Vertigo is caused by different reasons and factors and rectification of these factors helps in the treatment of vertigo.