Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. R S Anand Kumar VamanYour feedback matters!
I used to sing daily higher notes and then I suffered from cold and then throat tightness. Now my voice quality is poor something like very dull and throat does not feel like singing. Please tell me the way I can get my voice back? Will it ever come back?
Hello doctor, I am 36years old I need some advise to avoid snoring while sleeping which irritates me and others a lot.
I feel increase in throat irritation as the day goes and it will be very less when i wake up. Especially when i have coffe or tea or any hot drinks i feel its increasing. What i have to do to get rid of it.
He is suffering from cough and tonsils infection, he also sneezes when he comes in contact with dust or cold things. He is taking medicines like sneeze and azithromycin 250.
I am 48 years old male have sinus and cold, cough prob for last few days. This problem arises so many time before. Pl suggest me a treatment for this.
She cannot take food for 3 days and her throat is swelling so she was unable to eat any so pliz tell me what to do.
Its been 2 weeks I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery. So one thing I noticed that doctor has not removed the bony spur on right due to which I had breathing problems. When I asked him he said he has changed the angle of spur and we cannot remove it. Is it so? And I am still facing breathing problems. How long it will take to recover completely? Shall I eat/drink cold stuff like cold-drink or ice cream?
My lower right jaw is paining. I took vitamin C tablet and a flexon. But not much relief and now one of my nostril of nose is draining. What should I do?
I have been using Otrivin Nasal spray for almost 10 years now for blocked nose without any doctor's advise and I am also detected with diabetes since 1.5 yrs. I know that prolonged use of Otrivin is bad but I do not know exactly about it's ill effects. I am now actually kind of addicted to it but use less. Please suggest.
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Intake of alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.
I've throat irritation not pain with white bumps under my tongue. I had taken antibiotics for throat irritation but not cured. I'm scared. Help me.
Two days back I had fever with cold. Fever is OK now. But I have problem in my throat since two days. I feel pain while swallowing and its getting difficult to speak also. Can anybody suggest me any effective home made remedy for this? Kindly help. And Thankyou in advance.
Hello dear sir, mam I have a tonsils problems from along time, what should I do fo finish ghis problem?
My right ear is paining and I can't chew with the jaw line also paining and head is heavy on the side of the ear.
What is Type-1 Diabetes?
Type-1 Diabetes, also known as Diabetes Mellitus type-1, is a condition which is characterised by the lack of sufficient amount of insulin in the body. This is a chronic condition and cannot be cured. The insufficient amount of insulin in the blood results in the spike in blood sugar levels, which in turn, can damage various organs in the body. However, with proper therapy and treatment, it can be controlled and the quality of life can be improved for the patient.
The tell-tale signs and symptoms of this type of diabetes are the frequent urges to urinate, increase in appetite, increased thirst and rapid weight loss. It is most commonly diagnosed in children or young adults and thus, it was previously known as juvenile diabetes.
Glucose and other types of sugars are essential for the body cells to absorb energy. The glucose that is present in the blood is taken up with the help of insulin and utilised for energy. The lack of this hormone renders the glucose useless as it is not being able to enter the body cells. This is precisely type-1 diabetes.
What Causes It?
The cause of type-1 diabetes is not known entirely. Although, there are certain theories that explain the cause –
Genetics: The chances of getting type-1 diabetes are increased in children if either of their parents suffers through from this disease. More than 50 genes are involved in diabetes type-1.
Environmental factors: Environmental factors are also thought to play a role in type-1 diabetes.
Viral infection: A theory suggests that viral infections are responsible for type-1 diabetes. According to this theory, the virus activates the auto-immune system of the body which in turn attacks the pancreatic beta cells along with the cells that are infected by the virus. Viruses like Epstein-Barr virus, Mumps virus, rubella virus etc. are considered to be responsible for the same.
How Is It Treated?
Many people with type-1 diabetes live long, healthy lives. The key to good health is to keep your blood sugar levels within the range your doctor gives you. You’ll need to check them often and adjust insulin, food, and activities to make that happen.
All people with type-1 diabetes must use insulin injections to control their blood sugar. Several types of insulin are available. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist and ask a free question.