Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
I have a severe backbones or spinal pain while waking up in morning. Is it any spinal problem or due to cold?
I am 33 year old man and I am suffering from knee pain from last 1 month. I am also doing night shift in my job. What should I do?
I am 23 years old, I usually have severe back pain without any reason, Can you please help me out for the same?
I have a back pain for last 7 days I had used gel, painkillers but all go in vain pain comes from up to down I am bearing from so much pain I cannot be able to walk properly.
I have a bend in both my arms. Is something wrong. I want to join the army and I am afraid whether it will affect my selection.Please help.
Sir, my name is babu, age 23. Last month I will jumpedal at cricket ground that time I injured my muscle. Now it's free but some time it would be pain I mean inner pain.
I have pain in my shoulder because of my nerve because of that pain I get headache and all so what is the Medication should I take?
I have pain on my left foot heel. That does not pain on walk initially but on the left outer end precisely. After morning walk when I come back and rest a while then I get pain on the outer back end of the heel, or should say periphery of the heel. No broken bones history. The pain is around a year old and no relief even after visiting Orthopedics. Kindly suggest.
Severe pain seems in left little hand finger if suddenly knocked. Backpain persists from one year. Please suggest me.
I am a 42 year old female with bulge in upper and lower back. What is the home remedy for reducing pain.
I have 102 fever and my joints are paining badly. I think I have hit by chickengunia so I wanted to know how to cure from this disease.
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.