Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. R. Ram KumarYour feedback matters!
I he a lot of sugar. It goes to 400 many times. I he a lot of medicines which I may using regularly. How can mu sur get control. Pl help me.
My wife is 25 and I think she is having thyroid problem can you suggest food not to eat by thyroid patients and how much it will cost for curing thyroid.
I am suffering from diabetic. I take to every morning and evening glimestar pm2 and BGR 34 .But have suspected this both medicine . One is alopathic and other is ayurvedic.
My grandmother is having gastro infection and her rbc is 9.1 and bp 120/52. And she faints many times. Also she is diabetic. What foods she take and which to avoid. Why does she faint many times? Please advice.
My wife after marriage with in 4 months weight gained? And before normal periods are upto 5 days but now only 3 days. Is it symptoms of thyroid? if it is yes how to identify thyroid?
There are two types of abortion, namely medical and surgical. In case of medical abortion, pills are taken to terminate the pregnancy; whereas, surgical abortion is done if the pregnancy has reached an advanced stage when pills are ineffective. While generally there are no health risks or negative effects of abortion on fertility, there are rare cases of complications, which can give rise to severe symptoms post abortion. Following is the information you need to know about abortion and its effects on fertility:
When to seek medical assistance:
It is advisable to seek medical help if you have the following symptoms post abortion:
- Persistent pain in the lower abdomen, which lingers even after taking medication
- Excessive bleeding
- A high temperature
Possible effects of surgical abortion on fertility:
- Infection after abortion: Infections post abortion like Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), if left untreated for long can spread and harm your reproductive organs, thereby impacting your fertility. It can cause complications like infertility or ectopic pregnancy.
- Damage to the cervix during abortion: Damage to the cervix during an abortion can cause cervical incompetence and consequently increase the risk of miscarriage.
- Damage to the womb during abortion: There are chances of damage of the womb (uterus) during abortion, resulting in scarring, which can cause fertility issues if not corrected. This is more likely in case you had multiple abortions.
Apart from the above mentioned complications there are a number of other complications, which can happen due to abortion, preterm birth, vaginal bleeding during pregnancy and low birth rate, etc. Further, infertility can also be a possible side effect of abortion pills, which happens due to scarring of the uterus during the procedure of forcible elimination of the fetus. In all such cases it is advisable to schedule regular check up with your gynaecologist.
I am having sugar nearly from 15 years. Now I am taking insulin 40 &34 units every morning and night. Now I have 160 before meals. Morning 45 miniatures walk is done. What precautions I will take for reducing the sugerlevel to 120?
Sir, I have taken 2 nos. 80mg Glycinorm M80 tablets before breakfast in a day. My fasting blood Sugar Test shows 148 reading and non-fasting blood sugar test reading is 198. Please help me to control the diabetes with the help of diet chart and if changes in daily tablet is required please suggest the Tablet Name. Ajay Kumar Jain Hisar, Haryana India Mobile:- 91-8572859284.
1) Helps diabetics by slowing sugar release into the bloodstream.
2) Boosts metabolism and increases energy because it is more likely to be burned as fuel than stored as body fat.
3) Helps treat malnutrition because it is easy to digest and absorb.
4) Kills disease-causing bacteria, fungi, yeasts and viruses because of the antimicrobial effects of its fatty acids.
5) Prevents strokes and brain disorders such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.
6) Prevent tooth decay - coconut oil fights bacteria responsible for tooth decay and could be a healthy, non-chemical additive in toothpaste and mouthwash.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.