Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. R RajappaYour feedback matters!
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I am 24 years old male and I am working online from past few months which started me causing pain in my eyes, what should I do?
Hello, I have been using contact lens since 2 years and I have a power of -8, coming to problem. There is a change in position of my eyeball in my right eye and it looks like squint, the wrong thing I have done is I have used an expired lens for few days can any one please tell me the reason for it and also the treatment And I usually ride bike for long times this causes burning in my eyes please suggest me some good eye drops.
Sir I used to study for late night hours and water from my eyes is continuously flowing from some days. What should I do sir. Do I need to consult a doctor.
The most common vision problems are shortsightedness and farsightedness. Shortsightedness is when a person sees close objects clearly while distant objects appear blurry. It is more common than farsightedness and affects about 70% of the Asian population.
When there is a refractive issue, the prescription usually has a plus/minus with it and also a number. A ‘minus’ symbol is used to represent shortsightedness; the greater the number of the glasses, the higher the shortsightedness. High myopia is a more severe form of shortsightedness where the power is -6.0 or higher.
As mentioned, the person will be able to see nearby objects but will have difficulty seeing far off objects.
- Difficulty reading signs and boards
- Straining to reduce the strain on the eye
- Tired and fatigue due to this eye strain, especially when in constant move like playing sports or travelling
How it happens?
Vision can be explained by a physical process where light passes through a lens and falls on the retina in the posterior portion of the eye where it forms an image. This is then sent to the brain where it is read and interpreted as a particular object. When the lens becomes elongated, the image that is formed is distorted in that it is formed in front of the retina and not on the retina. Though it gradually settles down with adulthood, in most cases, it progresses and requires corrective lenses. The corrective lenses ensure the image falls on the retina and visual perception is improved.
- Corrective glasses are the most commonly used measure for nearsightedness. The lenses could be used either as spectacles or as contact lenses.
- Laser surgery can also be used to correct the problem. A thin layer of the cornea is removed and the image formation is corrected.
- Artificial intraocular lenses are also being used to treat this condition. They work like contact lenses and may need periodic replacement.
- The most common technique, especially for high myopia is the use of surgery to correct the problem. This is a one-time correction and is a more durable solution than the earlier mentioned options.
- Appropriate calculations are done to identify the lens to be used so that proper vision is restored.
- Though not common, retinal detachment and variable postoperative refractive error can occur during the surgery.
- It is very important to set realistic expectations with the patient in terms of what to expect before, during, and after surgery. If only one eye is going for repair, the chances of mismatch in vision could be present in the early stages. Being clear about what to expect will help in successful correction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
Sir meri ankh me problem hai mai lance (chashma) lagata hun ap mujhe ye bataye ke koi aisa ilaj ya tarika hai jisse mujhe chashma lagane ki zarurat na pade please bataye.
1. Myself Gyanendra Verma, from Bareilly UP. I am suffering from backbone pain from last 3-4 months, please tell me the treatment of this disease. 2. My younger brother is suffering from fifiorytis in eyes last 3 months, please suggest the best treatment for this disease.
What care should take person who has viral infection in eye? How much time it takes to recover? Person should keep eye open or closed?
How can I remove my eyebug which is so dark and my eyes become so small? please tell me the solution.
I occasionally smoke and booze. I have medical test for SSC in ten days. Is there any chance I can clear it? And I have 0.5 sight too.
I have a problem on my eye getting radish soon while ridding bike. Please give me a solution? Can I use an optical?
There are many common measures people take to improve their eyesight or to improve their vision, including wearing glasses, lenses, and many more. Here are some effective exercises, which can prove to be highly beneficial to improve your eye health:
This is the most common and also one of the easiest to do. It requires you to just look up, hold for two seconds, look down, hold for two seconds and then repeat this procedure for each corner of your eye, which means top-left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners.
This is simply rotating your eyes in circles. Roll your eyes in the clockwise direction for one minute and then roll your eyes in the anticlockwise direction for one minute.
3. Focus switching
This particular eye exercise is probably the most useful one to improve eye health. In this eye exercise, you have to hold something at a reading distance and cover the other eye. You then have to find something that is at least twenty feet away and trace its shape with one eye closed. With one eye closed, trace more shapes, which are twenty feet away.
This exercise is also very simple to perform. All you have to do is cover your eyes with your palms. Once you have done this, just wait and see that there are no bright flashes of light. If you see that there is a bright flash of light, just wait till they go. This is used primarily to distress the eyes.
5. Deep blinking
This is also an incredibly useful exercise for distance vision. What you have to do is to place some large letters are at a fair distance and then sit on a chair. You have to then close your eyes and tighten all your muscles for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds are over, you have to open your eyes and then you have to see the letters for a second or two. The more number of times you do this, the more clearly you will be able to see the letters after reopening your eyes.
However, these eye exercises are not universally accepted by all doctors.