Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. R.RadhikaYour feedback matters!
I am preparing for competitive exams after my graduation. In my first attempt I cleared exam but I can not get in to job after interview due to cutoff marks. Then I tried it next time but am not get good marks. After put all my hard work, its not happen again. I feel then very depressed. Now also I am preparing but not in the same confidence. I feel I am very careless and not taking it seriously. This stress makes me very lazy and more over am not having confidence as I have before. And I star t think that I am useless etc. If there any doctor give me advice for me to prepare very focus and to achieve my target? I try to be focus but later I am very lazy then distracted to my routine works. Pls help me.
Hello. Doctors. 4 months ago. I got my new smart phone. Last one month I noticed I am too much obsessed with my new phone. Too much. Facebook addiction, whatsapp addiction hampered my study. Kindly tell me the solution how to get rid of this obsessive addiction towards new smart phone. Facebook n whatsapp. please help me. My concentration is always diverted to the phne, features,fbk. Whatsapp.
I am getting very anxious or excited at some moments without any reason what is it? Is this any kind of problem. Why it occurs.
I am becoming extremely depressed and lonely. I am going thru a rough time and sometimes I wish there was someone there for me whom I could just hug and cry. My mother and father live abroad while I have been studying in india in hostel for past 6 years. Of course my parents love me and care for me but their mindset is different. They provide for me and protect me, they ask about my health and studies and if all is ok? But I can not open up to them because they do not understand my issues. They do not believe in showing physical affection. They think its awkward now that im a grown woman. But deep inside I still a little girl crying out for love care affection and acceptance. I can not have a boyfriend. Dad will definitely disown me. Girls in my hostel are very competitive and I have not found a best or anyone too close although I do have many friends. I feel so low and socially crippled. I can not even make small talk to people anymore without it being awkward. How do I address this need to be loved and accepted that making me restless?
I am 46 year old I am unable to forget my first love , she doesn't speak to me , she is in what's app in our group once in a wil she message, I am I confuse stage what should I do now?
I LOST MY HUSBAND BEFORE 5 MONTHS. HE DIED DUE TO LIVE failure. I have only one son who is affected very much of his daddy's death. He has gone out of house staying in with her grand parents. He says that I am the person who makes his dad die? Did a wife do like this. I explained him so may time that he died due to drinking and smoking. Pls suggest some ways to get my back my son to home. I feel very lonely in my house without my husband and son. I am in big stress.
Sir.M a student . M 22 years old girl. I dnt knw how to start. Bt i m under depression from past 1-2 years. It a started when i went into a serious relationship with a guy. I always expected a lot of things frm him.Bt in return i have always suffered.Exactly i dnt knw hw to express what i feels. But smtimes i feel like hurting myself. My heart beats very fastly n i start hitting my legs hands everything on a wall. I dnt knw. I behave like a mental patient. M nt able to overcome this. This happens only when it comes to my relationship.I have tried to break it.Bt m nt able to tolerate that. Plz give me a an appropriate answer.Plz
I am 20 years old guy. I am of normal health with no physical issues. I smoke regularly 2 cigarettes. I want to know if its okay or I shud minimise. Its impossible for me to resist.
My wife and I have an adopted daughter of 24 years who is slowly limping towards her 5 year law college. Her relationship with us is volatile, particularly with my wife. My daughter won't seek any help for her issues, my wife feels all she needs to do is pray. I acting to stabilize things at home don't know where to look. What help is possible?
Hi my friend age is 22 year and he is suffering from bad thinking bad thoughts and he told me when he meet more people then his gas are started from his hole and when he is alone then he feel better and it also become his habit please doctor advice him any drug or medicine.
My daughter suffers from schizophrenia age 39 she is functional but half the time she is lost in auditory hallucinations we had taken her to best psychiatrists but ultimately she is stuck with medication will her life be like this.
I am mentally very weak. I can not concentrate on something even on my studies. I keep thinking silly things. I feel someone is ruling on my brain. I feel lazy all time. I cannot start any work with energy. I have problem of over thinking. I feel dis-mood all time and ky mind keep moving here and there. Please suggest me some ayurvedic medicines to cure such things .
I am 57 years old, male and having Schizophrenia since 1987. I have taken innumerous drugs and at the present I am on Sizodon plus 0-0-1.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.