Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. R.RadhikaYour feedback matters!
I am 26 year old and my problem is whenever I listen criticize about me I feel very nerves and uncomfortable along with my confidence also lost. How can I make my reputation and self confidence?
I have been feeling really low from so many days. A lot of negative vibes keep striking in my life all the time. I feel I am always dependent on other' s for my happiness. I want peace in my life. I don' t want to cry anymore.Please do help
I am losing my memory power and brain activeness so I can't maggub anything how to increase memory power and brain active power.
Depression is a mental state which is not easily identified in its early stages; it is evident only when the symptoms become obvious. You may overlook it as a passing phase, and assume it to be normal. The people around you may also get used to the symptoms and accommodate accordingly. This can make the identification of depression even more complicated. Homeopathic treatments are entirely natural and do not carry any side effects. They are holistic treatments that get rid of the cause instead of just treating the symptoms of depression. The various homeopathic remedies for depression are:
- For anxiety related depression: Aconite is a homeopathic remedy that is used in the treatment of anxiety. The symptoms that it is used to treat are the ones, which occur suddenly and make you extremely pessimistic. For acute panic attacks, this medicine is very effective. Some other medicines that are also used to treat anxiety are Argentum Nitricum and Arsenic album.
- For depression in teenagers: Kali phos is a very effective homeopathic remedy for treating depression in teenagers, the causes of which are usually hormonal changes and high levels of stress. In some cases, depression may also be triggered by genetic factors. Ignatia is also used to treat depression in teenagers.
- Stress related depression: Kali phos is used to treat stress-related depression. It also helps in treating fatigue with homeopathy.
- Insomnia that results from depression: To remedy insomnia resulting from depression, you can opt for Kali Phos and Coffea Cruda.
- Severe depression: If the symptoms of depression are very severe and include suicidal tendencies, Aurum Metallicum may be recommended.
- Depression resulting from menopause: It is common for a woman to undergo a phase(s) of depression during menopause. The homeopathic remedies that are used in the treatment of this condition are Lachesis and sepia.
- Seasonal affective disorder: This type of disorder usually occurs during the winter season. The treatment for this disorder is prescribed after a proper diagnosis of the symptoms. Ignatia is a remedy that is usually recommended.
These are the method to overcome it.
1. Talk to a psychologist /psychiatrist/therapist a psychologist or a therapist will be able to help you work through the issues you are going through at this time. He or she will also educate you about your depression and will further guide you the right line of action to be taken.
2. Spend time with positive people social support is crucial to getting out of a depression and can be very helpful for you to cope with stress full life. Support from positive people can also help to reduce negative thoughts that lead to depression. Please find those people in your life who make a positive impact on your daily functioning. Your friends, family members or co-members should be encouraging and you should enjoy their company. Please go out and do small small things with them [ like listening music, watching movies, walking, reading etc.]. Please create distance with people you know cause you anxiety or who are not supportive. Spending time with them will surely worsen your condition and make it harder to feel enthusiastic about recovery. Plan a short vacation with positive people. 3. Physical contact
Hug a friend
Play with your pet or dog
4. Always think positive and realistically negative thoughts are trademark of depression. This means you get struck thinking the same negative thoughts over and over again. Write down all the bad negative thoughts you have and create a positive thought for each negative thought you wrote down. For example I am ugly, please write I am unique and beautiful. I dont need any approval.
5. Compliment yourself for small small things.
6. Please avoid alcohol, cigarettes or any kind of substance abuse.