Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R. PichammalYour feedback matters!
I am 66 years old and got operated for prostate. My prostates were very large as per doctor version. After operation 5 years have been lapsed but I feel still leakage at night and my cloth get wet. I also feel weakness in sexually involvement. There is no sugar problem and at fast it is 99. And uric acid is 6.2.
When I am press my wifes breast milk come out through nipple. But my wife not in pregnancy and no child. Our marriage have last one year. Some small periods problem solved when we consult doctor and take medicine. Now no periods problem. Milk come out in my wifes brest in last two months when I press the brest. Please help me is it ok or not. Please send me a mail in my mail id.
Hello sir can help to know that if 5 sign of blood cancer coz I have stomach infection ,I'm 25 year old boy. please inform me.
I have pain in my right breast after period it's little nd 10/12 days before of period feeling pain little much. Whats the reason behind this pain is it normal?
My friend is an undescended testis old 32 adult man, he wish to marry a girl but how he can satisfied after marriage, if married his partner life is spoiled, please suggest, he fear about got cancer these undescended people after age of 30, now he was 32 years please suggest a solution,
I have been taking Tamdura for prostate enlargement and my urologist suggested Dynapres 4 mg one at nite as he finds the prostate is steady. My PSA is 0.742 and I do not get up in night fort passing urine. I have slight irritation while passing urine and he has asked me to take syrup cital with water thrice a day. Please let me know the side effect of Dynapres. 4 mg.
My age is 23. My height is 6ft. My weight is 78 kg. I have enlarged prostate 22.6 cc. Can homeopathic medicine SABAL SERRUlATA can help my prostate gland to came in normal size. What are the doses and for what period?
My relative was highly indulged in chewing tobacco and liquor consumption. Now he is diagnosed with lungs cancer fourth stage. Post biopsy his condition is getting even critical. He is not able to breathe without oxygen mask. Doctors say this is because of biopsy post effects. Please advice how long can he survive. Doctors say he is not strong enough to bear chemotherapy. Is he very critical.
When I press the surrounding area of my right nipple one or two drop watery discharge are coming it is not happened with the left one. What is the reason for this no pain is there?
Sir, what are main causes of cancer. Is tobacco leads to cancer. Please help me. Give me some advices.
Cervical cancer is a type of cancer which emerges from the cervix. It occurs due to the abnormal growth of cells in the cervix (lower part of the uterus) of the female reproductive system. Cervical cancer is the most common type of cancer found in women, worldwide, and can be treated with successful results, if discovered at an initial stage.
This type of cancer can be caused by multiple factors, some of which are:
1. Human papillomavirus - One of the major causes of cervical cancer is the human papillomavirus (HPV). There are more than 100 types of HPV. During sexual intercourse, a minimum of 40 types of HPV are passed, out of which 15 of them are high risks for cervical cancer, including types 16 and 18. 7 out of 10 women, who suffer from cervical cancer, are infected by types 16 and 18.
However, most women, who are sexually active, will come under the influence of at least one type of HPV in their lifetime, without any kind of harm caused to them.
2. Smoking - Smoking increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. It helps in the development of HPV, which is a major cause of this type of cancer. If a woman is already HPV-positive, smoking increases the probability of being diagnosed with cervical cancer by leaps and bounds.
3. Oral contraceptives - Research shows that taking contraceptive pills increases the risk of cervical cancer in women. Women who've been on contraceptive pills for over 5 years are twice as more prone to being diagnosed with cervical cancer than those who are not on the pill. But as soon as you stop the intake of pills, the increased risk of cancer drops immediately.
4. Multiple pregnancies - Having multiple pregnancies is linked with increased risk of cervical cancer. Having seven or more pregnancies increases the risk of this type of cancer in those women who are already influenced by HPV by four times. And those who have had one or two full-term pregnancies, also under the influence of HPV have two to three times the risk of being diagnosed with this illness.
Knowing about the symptoms of cervical cancer can help in the early diagnosis of this disease. However, in the early stages of the disease, there are no such noticeable symptoms. Although these signs can help you understand if you've got cervical cancer:
1. Abnormal vaginal bleeding, i.e. bleeding after sexual intercourse or after menopause
2. Longer period cycles
3. Bleeding after douching
Symptoms in the advanced stages of the illness are:
1. Loss of weight
2. Back pain
3. Leg pain
5. Swelling of legs
7. Pelvic pain
8. Leakage of urine/feces from vagina