Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R. PichammalYour feedback matters!
I am 68 years old and I have slightly enlarged prostrates with PSA reading of 5.9. Is there any treatment to reduce enlargement and lower PSA level so as to avoid this developing into cancer at later stage.
Breast cancer is a type of a cancerous infection that develops in the skin cells of the breast. This condition is more commonly diagnosed after you have skin cancer and is more common in women than men. There are certain signs to identify this disease, which are as follows.
1. Breast lumps - Lumps are patches of skin that occur due to the thickening and swelling of the skin. Breast lumps is a very common phenomenon for women but that does not always lead to a breast cancer; however, frequent and reoccurring instances of the same increases the risk of breast cancer. A breast lump is easily identifiable through the naked eye as it looks different from the surrounding tissues.
2. Blood discharges - The nipple is one of the most sensitive areas in the human body. In case of women, it is meant to emit milk during pregnancy, in order to feed the infant externally. A probable symptom of breast cancer can also be a frequent discharge of blood from the nipple without any visible damage or injury.
3. Breast changes - If you are experiencing any visible changes in the size, appearance or shape of the breast, then it is an indicative sign that you may have breast cancer. Thus, it is of paramount importance that you observe, touch and physically examine your breast regularly for changes. If there is any major change detected then it is advisable to consult a doctor.
4. Inverted nipple - The tip of the nipple is generally bulging and pointing outwards both in cases of men and women. But sometimes the tip of the nipple is pushed inside due to excessive suction caused by the skin tissues present inside the breast around the nipple area. This suction forces the nipple to grow inwards which is abnormal and might harm the breast and skin in various ways.
However, apart from these main symptoms, some other signs are also there that increase your chances of being diagnosed with breast cancer. They are redness or pitting of the skin over your breast like an orange, peeling or scaling of the pigmented area around the nipple, dimpling of the skin on the breasts, and such others.
Related Tip: Can Ayurveda Really Treat Cancer? Find Out.
Hi sir my mother is having triple negative breast cancer and it is in stage 2. Her treatment is completed. How many years will she survive and what are the precautions we have to take.
What menstrual problems are to women, prostate problems are to men. The prostate is a gland in the lower abdomen that aids in the production of semen. The prostate is walnut sized in a young man, but can get enlarged with age. As it grows bigger, it can cause a number of problems. These are commonly seen after a man celebrates his 50th birthday.
There are three common prostate problems faced by men. Some of the symptoms that can tell if a man has a prostate problem are:
1. Difficulty faced while urinating.
2. The urge to urinate frequently at night.
3. Constant feeling of a full bladder.
4. Pain while urinating.
5. Blood in urine.
This can be defined as inflammation of the prostate gland. In most cases the cause of this inflammation is unknown. However, there are two types of prostatitis; bacterial and nonbacterial. While the former reacts well to antibiotics, the latter is more difficult to control. Symptoms of this disease vary from one person to the next. Some of the factors that could trigger this disease are:
As mentioned earlier, as men get older, the prostate gland tends to grow in size. This growth is benign, but can block the bladder neck and prostatic urethra. This can cause problems urinating and lead to acute urinary retention. This can be very painful. Inserting a catheter can provide temporary relief and help release stored urine. Chronic retention is much less common and is associated with high bladder pressure and can damage the kidneys.
Advancing age and family genetic history are said to be the main triggers of prostate cancer. This type of cancer can remain restricted to the prostate gland in its early stages but may spread to the other glands as the cancer advances. This can also cause the growth of secondary tumors in the bones.
The only way to correctly diagnose a prostate problem is with a thorough physical examination. This includes a digital rectal exam where the doctor will insert a gloved finger into your rectum to check the size of your prostate, a blood test, mid stream urine tests and ultrasounds. In some cases a biopsy of the prostate may also be required. Depending on the diagnosis, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics, surgery, radiotherapy or hormone therapy to manage your prostate. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
She have a breast problem once in a month getting pain can't press, can't touch? What should she do to cure?
My mother is a cancer patients, she taking cancer treatment, but she have BP & Sugar heavy, she takes tablet also it not come control, you can suggest how to control both.
I have been smoking regularly for 40 year, I want to get some test done to check my health and the early risk of cancer (if any). What tests should I go for?
Hello Can please anyone suggest that what food must we eat if we are having prostate cysts. Is fast food and eggs good for us or has some danger. Kindly suggest.
I hv very severe pain in my breast bt there is no cyst (ghat), Dr. Recommended me codesoft capsules for 1 month, my treatment is going on bt still I hv pain. Wht to do then? Plzz suggest me any solution for this.
Usg thyroid impression: 1. Bilateral heterogeneous sols, of concerning for suspicious nature.(suggested fnac) 2. Prominent lymph nodes bilaterally. Please help.
Sir I am a tobacco and gutkha user, I use to chew 10 to 15 pouches of gutkha with tobacco daily. I have severe type of sub mucous fibrosis and leukoplakia all over in my mouth. Sir actually I want to know there is how much chance of getting the sub mucous fibrosis and leukoplakia transfer into cancer.
Prostate cancer patients with an unhealthy, high-fat diet have a significantly higher risk of death from the disease, a new study suggests.
?There is currently very little evidence to counsel men living with prostate cancer on how they can modify their lifestyle to improve survival. Our results suggest that a heart-healthy diet may benefit these men by specifically reducing their chances of dying of prostate cancer,?
?Diets high in animal fat and low in fiber are associated with metabolic syndrome ? a collection of conditions including abdominal obesity, elevated blood sugar levels and high blood pressure,?said Dr. Michael Schwartz, a urologist at the Arthur Smith Institute for Urology in New Hyde Park, N.Y.
?It has been known for some time that this type of diet can elevate risk of diabetes, heart attack, stroke and various cancers,? he said.
Now, ?this study provides evidence for what many of us have for years been telling our patients with prostate cancer ? or patients who are interested in prostate cancer prevention,? Schwartz said.
He added that the anti-cancer effects of exercise might play a role as well, in that men in the study who ate healthier might also have exercised more.
The research was published online June 1 in the journal Cancer Prevention Research.