Find numerous Pulmonologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pulmonologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pulmonologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.Paramasivam
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Tuberculosis
Treatment of Shortness of Breath
Treatment of Pneumonia
Treatment of Bronchitis
Treatment of COPD
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Treatment of Persistent Cough
Treatment of Occupational Lung Disease
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Treatment of Breathing Problems
Treatment of Lung DIseases
Treatment of Interstitial Lung Disease
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Lung Fibrosis
Submit a review for Dr. R.ParamasivamYour feedback matters!
Now a days sometimes I have breathing to hard. Please suggest me natural food for lungs. And I travel more in traffic day to day. Thanks.
I am 40 years male having breathing problem every time when walk, sleep etc and snoring while sleeping. I am go through full body check up but can't find anything please suggest Regards.
I have been suffering from short breathing from 25 days and I am not feeling comfortable. What should I do? Why this happening to me?
Sinusitis refers to a common condition characterised by inflammation and swelling of cavities surrounding nasal passages, commonly known as your sinuses. When something interferes with the flow of air into the sinuses and obstructs mucus drainage out of it, sinus infection or sinusitis mainly occurs.
The most common symptoms of this condition include headache or pain in the facial region, nasal congestion and discharge, loss of smell and fever in some cases. To ensure that you opt for the correct treatment it is necessary to identify the causes of blockage. Here are the chief causes responsible for giving you a sinus infection.
In most cases, a sinus infection is triggered by common cold and flu, which are caused by viruses. Swelling of nasal tissues occurs due to cold, in turn creating a blockage for the holes that are meant for draining mucous. In this case, rather than opting for antibiotics, take precautions against flu and cold. You can even consider getting a flu shot.
Certain pollutants and allergens or deviation of septum can be the cause behind sinus infections as they trigger coughing, irritation of the nose and inflammation. Some of these pollutants are dust, smoke and harmful gases present in the air or substances with a strong odour (certain foods, flowers, perfumes etc). To minimize chances of sinusitis, try to stay away from these irritants to the maximum extent possible. Moreover, you can also use an air purifier to reduce the effects of air pollution.
3. Long term use of nasal decongestant sprays
Nasal decongestant sprays may help you get rid of congestion, but on the other hand they are responsible for the constriction of the blood vessels present in your nose. Moreover, if used for a long time, these nasal products may worsen the symptoms of sinusitis, especially if the directions for use are not correctly followed. Also, prolonged use of the sprays can give rise to rebound nasal congestion, which is basically a relapse of congestion. So, try to minimise the use of it and follow directions very carefully if you do need to use it.
Smoke from cigarettes has an effect similar to pollutants on your nose. Cigarette smoke plays a significant role in degrading the natural sinus-cleaning system of your body resulting in more gunk build up in the sinuses, in turn clogging nasal passages. Moreover, smoking also leads to inflammation, triggering sinus infections. So, try to cut down on your smoking if not quit altogether.
Sinus can be treated with the help of medications or through endoscopic sinus surgery.
Bronchitis is basically an infection in the bronchial tubes. The bronchial tubes which basically carry air to your lungs sometimes get infected due to cold or flu. That's when you tend to develop the infection in the mucous membranes of the bronchial tubes known as bronchitis.
Symptoms of bronchitis
The basic symptoms of bronchitis include:
- Intense coughing
- Feeling of discomfort in chest
- Shortness of breath
- Blocked nose, headache
- Low fever
- Body aching
Types of bronchitis
Bronchitis can be of two types:
- Acute bronchitis: Acute bronchitis is generally a viral infection. It causes coughing up mucus, sore throat, shortness of breath and fever. Generally acute bronchitis stays for a week or less. Acute bronchitis is caused by bacteria or viruses. Apart from this, irritants, fumes, dusts are also responsible for causing bronchitis.
- Chronic bronchitis: Chronic bronchitis is much more severe than acute bronchitis. It causes persistent cough with mucus, breathing difficulties, fever etc. It can last till 1-2 years depending on its severity. The symptoms may get worse if not treated properly. Chronic bronchitis might turn to Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease if it occurs with pulmonary emphysema. Chronic bronchitis can be caused due to irritation of the airway tissues and lungs. But the most common reason behind chronic bronchitis is smoking. Apart from these, repeated acute bronchitis can also cause long-term chronic bronchitis.
Treating bronchitis with homeopathy
Homeopathy is one of the holistic ways of treating bronchitis. Decades of research has established homeopathy as one of the most effective and safest treatments. Bronchitis can be cured and the symptoms can be reduced with the homeopathic treatment.
- Arsenic Album: Arsenic Album is one of the best medicines for treating bronchitis. It is more effective in treating bronchitis which is combined with severe weakness.
- Bryonia: This is another effective medicine for bronchitis. This is more effective when there is severe cough with mucus, chest pain while coughing, body ache, sore throat etc. Patients with such symptoms are prescribed bryonia.
- Antimonium tartaricum: This medicine is prescribed in two phases of bronchitis. It is mostly prescribed to the young infants or the older people. This is prescribed when the patient suffers from wheezing, chest pain, coughing up mucus, vomiting etc.
- Sulphur: Sulphur is great for treating chronic bronchitis. It is a great remedy for treating severe cough, breathing difficulties, severe chest pain and breathing attacks.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is an effective remedy for treating chronic bronchitis. This remedy works best for chronic bronchitis with nausea, vomiting and severe cough with mucus.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!