Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R PadmaYour feedback matters!
Me and my gf had sex last night, she is still bleeding and have a lot of pain, she is even cannot walk properly due to pain. What should I do to reduce her pain? Please suggest thanks doctor!
Im 22 year old and suffering with severe menstrual Cramps during my periods. Please suggest healthy diet and medications to reduce pain and to get rid of this problem.
My wife is in 7th month of pregnancy, usually she has a low BP (110/70) but during recent check up the BP was found to be 150/90. doctor have prescribed Labetelol and Zolpidem for 7 days. She is a working lady. Staying alone. Please suggest what care should be taken and how we plan ahead.
I am suffered with pcos last four months. Last period date is 22/07/2017 I got my period 20/08/17 that is yesterday. I have some difference in my first day bleeding. What I want to do. I had fear about that.
My wife, is not interested in sex, she has back pain after pregnancy, also her vagina opening is very tight, pls advice, as its very frustrating and feel very very upset, and due to her this nature, its effecting in my work also? She is a working lady.
When I got my periods started at that time they were for 5 days .now it is reduce upto 3 days. Why so?
Apne wife ke saath sex bina condom ke aids ki bimari hote hain ya nahi Please my answer full details.
I have gone through laparoscopy for fibroids and endometriosis in dec 16, now I have got low AMH level. Please suggest if there is any treatment to improve reproductive health.
Feeling pain in upper middle of breast with a little tight swelling at that part. Pain when breathe and sometimes paining more while some times a little. Pl suggest which specialist to consult or suggest any medicine. She has taken Moxikind CV (6 tablet) and flexon and got some relief but not fully.
Can a pregnant woman go without food and drink for 14 hours I mean can she do the fasting for 14 to 15 hours without the water and food please reply me soon she is 8 months pregnant women.
Uterine cancer is often treated with a combination of treatments. The recommendation of treatment option depends on the factors such as stage and type of cancer, age, the overall health of the patient, side effects, personal preference etc. Another important consideration that goes before taking a call on the treatment option includes the research on the patient’s ability to bear a child in future. But, overall, the treatment plan includes surgery, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, hormone therapy etc.
Surgery is often the first step towards removing the tumor and a few healthy tissues around it. Some of the common surgical procedure include hysterectomy, lymph node dissection, and sentinel lymph node biopsy.
- Hysterectomy: The extent of the cancer spread decides the type of procedure a surgeon can perform. Hysterectomy is the removal of the cervix and the uterus. For patients whose cancer has spread significantly, a surgeon performs a radical hysterectomy- removal of the vagina, cervix, uterus and some healthy tissues from the nearby region. For patients who have had menopause in their health history, doctors choose to perform a procedure known as the salpingo-oophorectomy. This involves the removal of both the ovaries and the fallopian tube.
- Lymph node dissection: This is quite similar to hysterectomy. The surgeon might remove the lymph nodes to ensure that cancer doesn’t spread beyond the uterus.
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy: This is another process to determine whether cancer has spread to the lymph nodes and the surrounding areas. This procedure is effective in determining other cancers type as well such as cancer-related to the breasts.
- Radiation Therapy: This is a kind of therapy that involves the use of high-energy rays that could destroy cancer cells. Radiation is given at a fixed dosage over a limited number of days. This method of treatment is typically used in addition to a surgery. In most cases, a surgery followed by radiation therapy helps a patient to fight cancer more effectively. Many oncologists might also want a patient to take radiation therapy to shrink the size of a tumor before going for a surgery. The most common radiation therapy is external beam radiation therapy.
- Chemotherapy: This procedure involves the use of powerful drugs to destroy cancer cells. There are claims that it effectively reduces the ability of the cancer cells to grow and spread. Chemotherapy is usually suggested after a surgery or can be individually applied to a cancer patient. Chemotherapy can be applied in orally or in the form of IV. The period of chemotherapy like radiotherapy is applicable for a specified amount of cycle over a limited number of days. This form of treatment is most preferred when cancer recurs in a patient after a considerable amount of time. They are equally effective in uterine cancer as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
I am suffering from pcod. Low sugar and have clot in left side of brain. So I contraceptive pills are not allowed to me. Then what is the solution for pcod. My weight is increasing despite all efforts.
Dear Sir/Madam, My wife is having the 8th Month of Pregnancy and expected due is on 15th December 2016. She is feeling very high itching on her full body since last 15 days, everyone said around us that, this is normal in pregnancy. But still it not stopped and also she is suffering very high itching in the night. And for that, she is not able to take the proper nap in a night. We had consulted a skin specialist and take his advice. He suggests for use of Alovel Clobetasol cream and if sever itching then to take diominic tablet. There is no more effective after taking a tablet. We are in confused situation that, Should she has to take medicine at this stage? Are there any Tests needs to require? What is the best way to relief from itching pain? We both are worried at this stage. Please, advice your best.
Hello I'm 20 year old female I've extra skin on my Vagina for last 4 to 5 years and am not married yet. Why this happens to me. Please suggest me what to do.
I did sex with my gf on 16th and her periods suppose to come on 22. But till now periods did not came. Do she have any chance to get pregnant. Pls advise.
Hi. I have a lot of itching pain in vagina after menstrual cycle every month. Wht shld I do with this.
My wife, 57 feels unbearable pain in vagina during insertion and that's why she has lost interest. Always dry too. What is the cause and treatment.
My friend have pcod. Weight 70 height 163. One doctor told her that she should reduce 10 kg within a month. Is it possible to reduce 10kg within a month. If yes, how can she reduce it?
Being able to conceive and the prospect of bringing a new life into the world is something that is highly satisfying and full of joy. Mother's-to-be generally start to take extra care of their diet and make sure they eat right when they are pregnant so that the fetus does not have to suffer. Though it is important to eat healthy during pregnancy, a lot of women and/or their loved ones tend to get carried away and end up gaining more weight than they should.
Today, where our modern lifestyle exposes us to minimal physical activity, the risk of becoming obese during pregnancy is high and some may mistake it for a healthy body. Not only does being obese has adverse effects on the pregnancy, it may also lead to the birth of an unhealthy baby, which may leave long-term negative impact on the body and health of the mother for her to struggle with, for a lifetime.
Some disadvantages of obesity in pregnant women:
In order to be able to understand the importance of controlling weight gain in pregnancy, it may be essential to know what could go wrong if the weight is not controlled or kept under check. Here’s what could go wrong:
- The increasing weight may be one of the biggest reasons for developing long-term health problems, such as diabetes and cholesterol that find an easy access to the body during the time of pregnancy.
- The chance of a normal delivery in obese women are highly minimal, as observed by experts around the world.
- In the case of disorders such as preeclampsia, it may become necessary to deliver the baby sooner than the regular time period and it may also put the organs of the mother at great risk.
- Sleepless or tired nights may be common in the case of women who suffer from obesity during pregnancy and this is something that may affect the journey and process of pregnancy as a whole.
Tackling obesity and keeping it at bay
One of the most important things to do in order to keep obesity at bay in the event of a pregnancy is to make sure that you are eating healthy. If you overtly indulge in fatty foods and junk items, you may be putting your body at the risk of gaining quick kilos. However, if you eat a balanced diet and make sure that you consult your gynaecologist for dietary advice, you may be able to keep excessive weight at bay. Light exercises, such as swimming, walking or yoga can also help but you must make sure to take expert help and suggestions before performing any physical activity that may put yourself or your baby at risk. With the right help you may be able to go through a healthy pregnancy and achieve health and happiness for your baby.