Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.Narender
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. R.NarenderYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 24 years old. I have habit of tobacco and gutka since 1 year. Now I feel pain in my ear and I noticed one small bump at lower side of cheek. I can feel it but it is soft. Please guide me.
I have problem of in my throat and always feel there is something in throat. Sometime I face problem of speaking and starting like a or repeating words and shorten breathes. Mostly I faced problem when someone ask question from me even my name I could able to tell start. Please sir tell me solution of my this problem and feel tightness in my throat and chest.
I'm getting sneezes everyday and took treatment which helped for a while but now I am again getting those sneezes. Is it common or any dangerous?
My height is small and I have tonsils I think my height is not growing due to tonsils. Please advise.
Hi, I am 26 year old, couple of weeks back, I went to mumbai on an official trip and then one night we had lots of liquor (i'll say like 2 beers, 2 lits) but didnt have dinner. I woke up at 1pm(next day) and had a pizza an hour after having the pizza I felt pukish, heartburn, and also a pain in the center of my chest (kind of discomfort) around 8pm I took digene which eased out my discomfort a little. The next day my eyes were pretty heavy and I felt very exhausted I thought I had a stroke so I started ors which gradually helped me come out of this. Thereafter I used to have dizziness whenever I ate anything. I came back had some tests done it came out to be that I was low on vitamin d (4. 5) and high on eosinophils(9. 9) I was asked to take 60k iu / week along with deworming. Things have started to become normal for me now but I kind of have issues while breathing especially at night. One day I felt so bloated that it became very hard for me to even breathe.
Dear ENT specialists, My daughter is suffering from sore throat from a couple of days. We sought medical attention and a doctor has prescribed antibiotics (Tablet Azithral 250 mg & Tablet Levocet) daily once for three days. But, as there is pain while swallowing food, can she take lozenges (viz. Vicks or Halls or Strepsils or Zint etc.) additionally?
Are you feeling lightheaded, unbalanced or woozy lately? Are you having strange sensations in the ears and eyes? These indicate that you are suffering from dizziness, a condition affecting the body’s sensory organs. It can cause fainting at times as well. It is not a disease, but a symptom of several disorders. Dizziness is caused by inner ear disturbances, effects of medication, motion sickness and underlying health conditions, such as poor blood circulation, infections or injuries.
Test and diagnosis
If you feel dizzy for a prolonged period of time or if the dizziness occurs and reoccurs, a special treatment is required. This is because dizziness may make you prone to several risks in everyday life. Several tests are carried out to find out the cause of the dizziness. If a stroke is suspected, an MRI scan or CT scan is carried out. A physical examination is undertaken in which the way you walk and balance are observed and the nerves of the central nervous system are checked. Hearing and balance tests may also be required, which are as follows:
- Eye movement testing in which the path of the eyes is observed while tracking an object in motion. An eye motion test may be given where cold and warm water is placed in the ear canal.
- Head movement tests are carried out when benign paroxysmal positional vertigo is suspected.
Treatment of dizziness includes medicines, therapies and balance exercises.
- Various types of medicines are used initially to control the acute phase of imbalance. Drugs are even continued for some patients for a bit longer duration depending on clinical findings..
- Head position maneuvers: A technique known as canalith repositioning helps in resolving dizziness quickly. It can be performed by a doctor, therapist or audiologist. The position of the head is maneuvered in the process.
- Balance therapy: Several exercises help in making the body’s balance system lesser sensitive to motion. This technique, known as vestibular rehabilitation, is used for people suffering from dizziness due to inner ear conditions.
- Psychotherapy: This therapy may be used for patients who experience dizziness because of anxiety disorders.
- Use of antibiotics: An antibiotic by the name of gentamicin may be injected in the inner ear for disabling the balance function. The unaffected ear performs that function.
- Other procedures: A procedure known as labyrinthectomy may be used for disabling the vestibular labyrinth in the affected ear.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!