Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.Narender
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. R.NarenderYour feedback matters!
I sneeze a lot whenever I take rice, oily foods, cold water etc. Am I allergic to these? Do I have sinus problems? What is the remedy?
While it may be impossible to prevent all cases of motion sickness, the following tips can help you prevent or lessen the severity of motion sickness:
Watch your consumption of foods, drinks, and alcohol before and during travel. Avoid excessive alcohol and foods or liquids that do not agree with you or make you feel unusually full. Heavy, spicy, or fat-rich foods may worsen motion sickness in some people.
Avoiding strong food odors may also help prevent nausea.
Try to choose a seat where you will experience the least motion.
Do not sit facing backwards from your direction of travel.
Sit in the front seat of a car.
Do not read while traveling if you are prone to motion sickness.
When traveling by car or boat, it can sometimes help to keep your gaze fixed on the horizon or on a fixed point.
Open a vent or source of fresh air if possible.
Isolate yourself from others who may be suffering from motion sickness. Hearing others talk about motion sickness or seeing others becoming ill can sometimes make you feel ill yourself.
I am heaving Cough and tonsillitis lasting more than 3 years is it an allergic.Please suggest ,something to get rid from that.
I am having sneezing problem I have already gone through sinus operation so what precautions should I take.
Although nose bleeding is quite common during the cold months, they can occur in the summer months too. This is because, during the summer heat, your nose may tend to get excessively dry. The protective layer of mucus in the nasal cavity tends to dry up during the summer months, thus resulting in nose bleeding. The hot summers can also lead to allergies, which in result can cause it.
Although nose bleeding may be quite messy, it is nothing very serious and can be easily prevented or stopped. Here are a few home remedies that you can try if you are prone to nose bleeding during the summer season:
- Vinegar: Vinegar is easily available in any household and effectively stops nose bleeding. Just pour in some vinegar in a cotton ball or a piece of cloth and put it into your nose for some time.
- Ice: Ice also effectively helps with controlling nose bleeding. Just rub ice against your nose to reduce swelling in the blood vessels. The ice will also effectively numb the pain offering instant relief.
- Foods containing vitamin C: Ensure that during the summer months you take the right amount of Vitamin C into your diet. This is because Vitamin C helps in blood clotting, and will stop nose bleeding faster. Foods that are rich in vitamin C are guavas, kale, mustard, parsley, oranges, strawberries, and lemons.
- Baking soda: Baking soda works wonders for nose bleeding. Just mix some amount of baking soda into water, and transfer the solution into a spray bottle. Spray your nose with the solution.
- Steam: Inhaling steam is a great way to prevent nose bleeding. When you take steam, it moistens the nasal cavity and prevents it from becoming dry, thus avoiding any bleeding.
- Right posture: Another way to quickly stop a nose bleeding is to elevate your head. Keep your head in that position until the bleeding stops and try not to bend, as it can just aggravate bleeding.
- Whole-wheat bread: Make whole-wheat bread as part of your daily diet during summer. It is said to contain Zinc, which protects the blood vessels in the body.
- Drink water: Also ensure that you keep yourself hydrated at all times during the hot summer months. Drink plenty of liquids like fruit juice and milkshake, to prevent your nose from drying out.