Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. R. N. AnnamalaiYour feedback matters!
Heart attacks often show some visible signs for concern. While many may not face the chest-clutching moment, there are other symptoms that are hard to miss. In fact, some heart attack symptoms are not even related to the chest. People suffering from cholesterol, diabetes, high blood pressure or above the age of 60 should especially be more careful about these symptoms. Here is a list of few alarming signs and symptoms of a heart attack:
- Discomfort in the chest: This is the most visible and common signs of a heart attack. A blocked artery can lead to a heart attack with symptoms such as tightness, pressure and intense pain in the chest. The discomfort typically last for a minute or longer. It must be kept in mind that a heart attack is entirely possible without feeling any pain whatsoever.
- Heartburn, nausea, stomach pain and indigestion: Many people reportedly face these symptoms before a heart attack. It is more likely for a woman to face these symptoms compared to a man. These conditions can happen in isolation as well. But a combination of these symptoms to a person suffering from blood pressure, high cholesterol should be taken seriously.
- The pain slowly shifts to the arm: This is another classic example of a heart attack. A symptom that starts from the left side of the body and radiates down. Even a constant and dull pain in the arm has resulted in heart attacks for many patients.
- Feeling of light-headedness: A sudden feeling of lightheadedness along with an acute chest pain is a very good sign of a heart attack. This symptom necessarily indicates that the blood pressure of the person has suddenly decreased and the heart is not able to pump enough blood.
- Jaw or throat pain: Jaw or throat pain by itself is nowhere related to the heart. Going by common beliefs, it can arise from sinus, muscular issue or simply a cold. Medical science states otherwise. If an ongoing chest pain spreads towards jaw or throat, it can well be an ensuing heart attack. Seeking immediate medical attention is necessary in such cases.
- Snoring: Loud snoring that sounds like choking or grasping can be a sign of sleep apnea. This is a condition when an individual stop breathing for few seconds making the heart pump more blood. If the condition persists, a doctor might suggest doing a sleep pattern analysis using a CPAP machine to identify if there is any possible threat of a heart attack.
- A persistent cough: A long lasting cough that produces pink mucus can be a very visible sign of a heart failure. This is the condition when the heart can’t keep pace with the demands of the body. This should be immediately reported to a doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.
Hi My mother is patient of diabetes and high BP. She is feeling that aunts and monkeys are walking around near by. But is not im actual. She is feeling. So please tell what is thi?
Asthma is a respiratory disorder, which is characterized by the narrowing down and inflammation of the inner lining of the airways of the lung, resulting in excessive secretion of mucous. The airways are responsible for the passage of air from and to the lungs. Asthma can affect any person of any age group; however, the symptoms of the condition can vary. The symptoms of asthma include severe pain in the chest, coughing and problems in breathing, interruption in sleep due to breathing problems and a croaking sound during exhalation. Asthma, in most cases, tends to be chronic and can exist throughout your life with eventual changes in the nature of attack.
The most common causes of asthma are:
- Common cold and allergies from dust particles, smoke and minute insects might be catalysts for asthma.
- Suffering from severe anxiety might also cause asthma.
- Asthma might occur as a result of physical exercise and as a side effect of some medications such as ibuprofen and aspirin.
As of now, asthma is incurable. But medications can control the symptoms. Homeopathic preparations can also be useful for the treatment of asthma. Some common homeopathic remedies are as follows:
1. Arsenic album: If the symptoms include severe episodes of stress and nervousness, immense thirst but the inability to drink much water, severe attacks at night and intense pain in the upper right portion of the chest, Arsenic Album might be very useful to cure the problem.
2. Nux Vomica: If the attack is primarily caused because of gastric disorders or sudden outbursts of anger along with symptoms of dry cough, headaches and stomach aches, Nux Vomica might be used as a remedial medicine.
3. Carbo Veg: Carbo veg can be recommended if the symptoms include a pale face at the time of attack along with cold feet and hands and an itchy sensation in the larynx.
4. Kali bichromicum and Moschus: If the attacks become worse in the morning accompanied by yellow mucus discharge, the above mentioned homeopathic preparations are recommended. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
My recent Blood Test shows my total cholesterol is 240 mg/dl & Triglycerides is 200 mg/dl. Kindly suggest medicines & food habits.
My blood pressure becomes high frequently if I get angry on someone or out of any tension and the there is bleeding from my nose.
My mother age is 56. Her BP rate is 115/85. Doctor prescribed T-Mart 40 tablet once a day. If it is safe and can it cause too low BP (hypotension ). Please advice.
Hi doctor, I have hole in my heart from by birth in VSD of 4mm. Initially doctor told this may close as i grow up we will see up to 14 years. But in 14 years it was not closed and the doctor told there is no problem from this and come for check-up once in 2 year. Now I am 23 years still it not closed and I am not facing any problem from this, the only problem is whenever I go to the hospital for other health issues doctors by checking my heart beat they will tell you have heart problem right, why this and will it cause any problem in future if yes what is the symptoms and is I have to go for check up once in 2 year throughout my lifelong? THANKS IN ADVACE.
Dear doctor, I'm a 48 year old male heart patient has 3 stuns few years back. Is pomegranate juice healthy for me?
I am 33 years male serving in CRPF, I have notice little pain in all joints of bone last one year and BP moving 140/90 so that I am facing problem in running and physical exercise.
I'm having pain in chest left side. Sometimes having problems breathing. Sometimes pain in shoulder. Chest pain increases too much sometimes and feels like something stuck in my throat and having problems breathing. Is it related to heart or lungs?
Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I am Dr. JS Khatri and I am a non-material cardiologist and practicing in Gurgaon, Palam vihar. Today I would like to aware you people or the whole population of India or the world about the preventable heart disease among which coronary artery disease which is called extremist heart disease is a very important cause of death all over the world.
What is actually coronary heart disease and extremist heart disease?
- So coronary heart disease is a disease of the corollary which supplies blood to the heart and eventually causes ischaemia which leads Death all over the world.
So what could be the risk factor?
- The important risk factor which causes heart diseases are categorized in two ways
- Modifiable risk factors
- Non modifiable Risk factor.
See among the modifiable risk factors we have to see that like age l, sex ethnicity and genetics which we cannot modify. I hope you understand age ethnicity like black niggeros they are more prone to heart disease. They are twice prone to the heart diseases as to the whites and we Asian races.
Now among the non-modifiable risk factor which encounters more on daily basis in our daily to life are most importantly is diabetes.
Second is smoking, third hypertension, fourth cholesterol, fifth stress factors, five lifestyle-sedentary lifestyle. So what we can change in our day-to-day activities is very important. Like the person who's having sedentary lifestyle, who does not do any physical work and have sitting job and doesn't do anything whole day has more tendency to have blood pressures and regarding diseases are preventable in such a factor. We can check our cholesterol or diabetes like our blood sugar and we can do the daily morning walk and it is recommended by American College of Cardiology that daily walk of at least 10 minutes thrice a day or a 30 to four units of work per day at least five days a week helps you to prevent heart disease. So we have to look for the non modifiable risk factors and also do the modifiable risk factor.
Now I would like to aware you about few very crisp factors like AVCs of heart in respect to the coronary arteries or a preventable heart disease what is this AVC of the Heart. If you are suffering from any of these factors like diabetes or hypertension or having high cholesterol or you are having a sedentary life style respectively. You can change your lifestyle and you can counter it before the disease occur. Now AVCs of the heart is for aspirin in your daily life. If your having risk factor of you are diabetic, you should take aspirin as for the recommendations and B the AVC of the heart is very important and at the last I would like to talk about the medications. The very important meditation which you daily life take in aspirin state in beta blocker for the prevention of the coronary heart disease after the disease occurs.
So at last I would like to tell you about if you want to prevent or consult me regarding the prevention of heart disease, you can consult me through lybrate and you can come to my clinic in person which is located in Palam Vihar Also you can contact through Lybrate also. Thank you Sir. Thank you very much.