Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.Mani
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. R.ManiYour feedback matters!
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding you share with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
However, it is a common factor that every relationship requires a definite level of friendship, understanding and trust to sustain. However, sometimes you may find eventual signs of distance or detachment, which could be signals of potential violence in the relationship.
- Sense of complete possession: This is a vital factor that intricately works behind initiating violence in relationships. Possessiveness is a form of extreme emotional condition. A sense of possessiveness lies in every relation. However, over possessiveness leads you to restrict your loved one to share his love with anyone else. It can even be severe when you may even dislike your loved one talking to anyone else. Therefore, it may lead to eventual abuse or violence in the relationship.
- Distrust: Trust and belief are essential elements in any relation. If you tend to lose trust on someone, you can hardly be normal in the relationship. Disbelief results in doubt and continued doubt and resistance lead you to react violently. If you constantly disbelief a person, you are ought to react out of your general personality sometime.
- Abuse: Use of abusive language may be a strong indication of emerging distance in a relation. A person indulges in using abusive language out of anger and frustration, both of which could be major signals of potential violence in the near future. Both abusive language and physical violence are considered as forms of violence. Therefore, initial signs of abuses should be considered immediately.
- Dominance: In every relationship where two persons are involved, you will usually find any one of them to be dominant. However, that is acceptable until the dominance is within a certain limit. However, if it crosses the limits of patience and acceptability, it may sometimes result in violence.
- Short temper Attitude: If any one of the involved persons in the relationship is short tempered, it will definitely be a lead reason of miscommunication or insufficient communication. Short tempered individuals are mostly characterised with low patience. If you do not have patience, you can never offer understanding. And above that, short-tempered attitude can be an additional disadvantage. These types of individuals fail to control their anxiety and can often be violent in relationships. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am suffering from lack if confidence .I am putting my self inferior to others I do not know why I have this fear please help me.
Its OK to cry sometimes, scream, throw a tantrum, seek attention at times. Its not OK to punish yourself when angry, Its not OK when you don't ventilate. Let it out..share it.
I have friend from last 6 to 7 years, He got married as soon as our friendship started? Now suddenly realised we are both are emotional to each other. And now it's all messed.
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!