Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. R.ManiYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old male. I am not able to sleep due to stress. I have tried sleeping dose but feared of side effects. suggest me a measure.
I am feeling depressed due to lost my husband please help me, it's about 10 months and my husband suddenly due to acute heart attack.
My age is 23 the thing is very serious for me. Last years I completed my btech from DELHI with distinction and joined GATE coaching in june 2015, bt in October some infection happened in my penis it started paining I went for doc. I got cured then I started to feel that I will ejaculate any time any where without any erection or such feeling. I was very worried doctors said it's because of tension or smthng I continued to feel. So it affected my life too badly, many times I even EJACULATED without erection in the middle of anything. I fell into DEPRESSION, I talked my parents they were away in hometown they did every possible thing bt I was very nervous I ATTEMPTED a SUICIDE on 29 jan. 2016 I CUT MY WRIST. Anyhow TENDONS were safe my parents rescued me to hospital nothing serious happened. On 8th FEB. I gave my exam I EVEN QUALIFIED, bt things have changed since then I don't like to face my old friends It starts choking when I talk to someone I don't really want to get out and meet people though it's about 5 month now I don't understand what people will think of me when they would know this phase of mine because the reason is so awkward how to get out I am not understanding, I can't get back the confidence for a fresh start. I know people will think I am a looser my thinking has completely changed I spend all day at home don't want to start a job I am stuck PLEASE HELP if you have read this. I will like to explain my situation further.
What are mood swings?
Mood swings are defined as sudden and abrupt changes in mood. These mood swings can sometimes help promote problem solving abilities, but a stronger form of these can be associated to a more complex disorder namely, bipolar disorder that is characterised by the cyclical shift from manic to depressive and vice versa.
What causes mood swings?
There are several things that can trigger mood swings starting from your brain chemistry to substance abuse. The most common cause of moods swings can be-
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters (NTs) in the brain (ex. Serotonin is majorly responsible for change in moods, changes in emotional state and sleep)
- Anabolic steroid abuse
- Borderline personality Disorder
- Autism or other pervasive developmental disorders
- Premenstrual Syndrome
- Major depression
- Post traumatic stress disorder
How to deal with mood swings?
Mood swings can make life difficult for yourself and those around you as well. It is advisable to keep your mood swings under control in order to get along with your life normally.
- Try to remain positive: May be you have had a string of heartbreaks off late or failed interviews, but do not let that define a trend in your life. This can lead to depression and make you upset. Keep your mind open to other possibilities and never lose hope. Hope is something that keeps one going; it gives someone a purpose in life.
- Balance your life: Learn to maintain a balance between work and leisure. Don’t make your life all about work, take small breaks to do what you like (perhaps read a book, or play an instrument).
- Accept the grey in your life: “Life is like a box of chocolates”. You will never know what comes your way. It is never just black and white. Learn to accept that life can go a little downhill sometimes, but don’t be too alarmed by that. Enjoy the best and always keep yourself prepared for the worse.
- Learn to laugh: Enjoy and appreciate the little things around you. It might surprise you, if you consciously look around with an open mind, you will see the miniscule things that may make you laugh. Maybe that neighbour you find annoying is actually a fun guy to be with or that aunty who is always badgering you with questions is actually concerned about you. And most of all learn how to laugh at yourself! People have made a career over doing that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. You are more fun than you expected to be. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Hi I was cheated by my bf n v broke up 2 years back but still I am unable to move on and I still think about him. What to do.
I want to know about depression . It's complication and treatment .how I can overcome my depression and live a happy life.
I am suffering for full body pain long time. I visit many doctors but no relif get. When I eat some oily food then pain grow up automatically. I can not understand what can I do.
I am 20. I am turning into a very rude person. I talk very rude 2 my own best friends, get irritated very soon. I never want someone to do a favor to me. I fight very often nowadays to people around me. What's all this happening to me, I am not able to understand I used to be a very quiet and understanding. Do I need to go to a psychiatrist? How should I manage my anger? Please suggest something.
20 yrs male schizophrenia patient stable with medicines risperdal 3mg, clonil 25, olanex 5+20 mg,sizopin 50, share nowadays see some round orange substance in the chin of every person. Reply what is this & what to do ?
I am Mr. mohib I am 26 years old some days ago I lost my intimate friend from then I am very depressed so help me.
I'm suffering from night fall problems these days. It is due to my vit d deficiency or constipation, or due to using wifi whole day! please reply. Is it serious deadly problem! I'm in deep tension.
Anxiety refers to an emotion, which you may feel due to a stressful condition. No matter how much you try, it is not possible for you to stay happy and carefree always. There are many situations in life that make you anxious and create stressful conditions for you. But you must try your best to overcome anxiety, as prolonged anxiety can lead to severe health problems such as heart diseases, asthma and chest pain. There are many causes responsible for anxiety.
Some of the causes are as follows
- Emotional stress which may develop due to personal problems.
- Stress at your workplace or educational institute.
- If you suffer from any traumatic situation, then it may lead to anxiety.
- Financial problems may cause stress and anxiety.
- Stress caused due to social problems.
Some of the most common symptoms of anxiety are
- Muscle pain
- Feeling restless
- You experience rapid heart beats
- You may often get irritated
Homeopathy offers promising treatments for reducing anxiety
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below
- Aconite: Your doctor may suggest you this medicine if you show symptoms of breathing trouble or you experience rapid heartbeats or if the complexion of your face changes. This is also recommended in case of panic attacks and nervousness.
- Lycopodium: This is effective in reducing anxiety if the cause of your anxiousness is emotional stress and also if you show symptoms of irritation, diarrhea or fear of claustrophobic situations.
- Phosphorus: This medicine is recommended if you suffer from emotional stress and show symptoms of extreme and uncontrolled anger.
- Pulsatilla: This is a medicine, which may be advised to you if you suffer from anxiety due to emotional insecurity.
- Argentum Nitricum: This may be prescribed to you if you suffer from anxiety resulting from phobias.
- Arsenic album: Your doctor may advice you this medicine if you show symptoms of restlessness or if your anxiety is due to financial insecurity.
Homeopathic treatment for anxiety is very effective since it treats your problem after examining the root cause of your anxiety. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.