Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. R. MaliniYour feedback matters!
Dear sir my name is charu jangi. My problem in my eyes. My eyes is very red when I will do work in sun . This problem in everyday. please tell me best solution. Thanks.
Hi I am saudi and my problem regarding squint eye my son 15 years his eye is squint and that eye sight is weak a little bit. But he is using computer too much thats why I am worried. So please tell me what should I do.
I am suffering from Myopia. I started using spectacles in 2013. Now I want to get rid of my specs. What should be the simple ways for getting rid of specs? And I don't want any kind of eye surgery.
1) Does fladhlight close to eye cause retinal toxicity? 2) what is retinal toxicity? 3) does retinal toxicity cause permanent damage to retinal due to fladhlight close to eye? How to treat it?
My eyes got red after using laptop for 6 7 hours. Is it something serious? Should I go to a doctor? I don't wear specs.
My Aunty 45 years old. She live in Ranchi. Having eye irritation problem since last 2 year, she also met to ranchi doctor B.k Verma ,regarding this in 2-3 times. Doctor said that as your eye is dry, so for wet of your eyes need to take injection water put in your eye as drop at every half an hour. She had been using these water since 2 year, but found herself unsatisfied. Because till today she did not found any positive results. So, sir give best solution regarding to your perspective.
I was suffering with eyesight! I have it from my 4th standard of schooling. Still I was using spectacles. I don't want to use it anymore. Kindly, please help me to cure my eyesight, medically or any health tips to cure it Right eye:- SPH -7.00 CYL -0.50 AXIS 180° Left eye:- SPH -7.00 Kindly suggest me a solution.
I know that diabetes can take your vision. But my vision goes up and down. Can that be a sign that I'm on the verge of a stroke due to the mitral valve prolapse?
I am 20years old I have red eyes over three days What should I do Please give me the suggestions any one to be easiest way waiting fr your answer.
I am about 22 year old male I am suffering from head and eye pain and also pain on chest back and throat cough coldness time to time.
Hypermetropia, commonly known as long-sightedness, is a common vision condition in which distant objects appear clear, but nearby objects seem blurry or foggy. A person's ability to focus is greatly dependent on the degree of farsightedness. This condition of the eye is usually observed at birth and is also hereditary to some extent. Although, contact lenses and eye glasses are common methods of treatment, surgeries are also an option.
Before getting to understand the causes one should be aware of the structure of the eye.
The eye has two parts that focus on images:
- The clear surface at the front of the eye known as the cornea
- The second part is the lens, which is a clear structure
In a normal eye, these clear surfaces have a smooth curvature. The cornea and the lens bend or refract the incoming light to direct a sharply focused image on the retina, situated at the back of your eye.
Hypermetropia is caused when:
- The cornea or lens in the eye is not even or smoothly curved. In such cases, light rays are focussed behind retina which gives a blurry vision.
- The condition can also occur when the cornea of the eye is not curved enough. A shorter than the normal eye can also lead to such a condition. Convergent squint with eyes turning in is common in hypermetropes.
Due to these factors, the image is not precisely focused on the retina, causing blurry vision for nearby objects.
Some of the symptoms of farsightedness include:
- Objects that are close may appear blurry or cloudy
- Squinting the eyes might be necessary for viewing clearly
- A person may experience strain in the eye, aching and even inflammation in and around the eye
- Prolonged periods of close task like reading, writing or drawing may cause discomfort in the eye or minor headaches
Chronic eye strain and cross eyes are some of the commonly observed complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.