Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.M.Sivasubramaniyan
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. R.M.SivasubramaniyanYour feedback matters!
Your shoulder is one of the most overused joints in the body and thus is at a higher risk of contracting an injury. Shoulder pain may lead to mobility issues where moving your arms may become extremely difficult. The shoulder consists of three parts, viz. the shoulder blade, collarbone and the upper arm bone. Shoulder pain may result from an injury to any of these areas.
The various causes of shoulder pain are:
- Impingement: Impingement of the shoulder muscle occurs when the top of the shoulder impinges on the rotator cuff muscles. This condition can lead to severe pain in the shoulder.
- Bursitis: Bursa is a fluid filled sac that cushions the bones and help in preventing friction. Bursitis is a disorder that results in inflammation of the bursa, thus resulting in shoulder pain.
- Tendinitis: Tendinitis is a condition that is characterized by gradual wear and tear of the tendon. Usually the rotator cuff tendons in the shoulder are affected by this condition.
- Instability of the shoulder: Shoulder instability is a disorder of the shoulder wherein the upper arm bone dislocates from its socket. This can cause excessive pain in the shoulder.
- Fractures: A fracture in the bones of the shoulder results in excruciating shoulder pain.
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a disorder that leads to inflammation in the joints, thus resulting in pain and impaired movement of the joint.
Treatment: The treatment for shoulder pain consists of medications and physiotherapy. You may also be asked to discontinue any strenuous activity that requires shoulder movement. Medications such as NSAIDs are prescribed to help in controlling the pain. Various stretches of the shoulder are also recommended to improve shoulder flexibility and mobility.
Tips: Do exercises such as the overhead press with light weights to improve your shoulder strength. Also make sure to include certain external rotation exercises to strengthen the rotator cuff muscles.
I have swelling on my left leg ankle from so many days. It is not going. I diagnose urine and blood test all are normal. Please suggest me what should I do. And also give some home remedies of reducing swelling on ankle.
EARLY WARNINGS OF ARTHRITIS
Knowing how the types of arthritis differ will help you understand your disease and will help you work more effectively with your health care team. Aches and pains in and around incomes for their families.Parents are concerned about being able to care for their children adequately:if disabling features of the disease appear, concerns deepen, and at such times health care professionals can provide valuable suggestions for living a normal life with arthritis. Suggestions may include utilizing many available helpful devices, aids and appliances and the services of community agencies.Children with arthritis are concerned about being different as well as about being ill. All children want to enjoy the normal childhood pleasures. Arthritic children need the support of the professional health care team as well as those who love them to enable them to develop as normally as possible.
SAVE MONEY: TREAT ARTHRITIS EARLY If you think you have arthritis or that someone about whom you care has arthritis, it is important for a diagnosis to be made early. If a diagnosis has been made, it is important to follow the advice given by the health care team. You can save money and spare yourself pain and anguish by following recommendations right away and helping yourself in the early stages of the disease.Arthritis can be expensive disease, but it need not to be.It is expensive because it affects so many people in so many ways. Most people can live comfortably and continue to provide for themselves and their families.Others must cut down on the amount of work they do, change jobs, or stop working altogether. According to the US arthritis foundation, the annual cost to the national economy due to arthritis, in lost wages and medical bills, runs into billions of dollars. The cost in human suffering, pain, and disability cannot be measured.Following your doctor’s recommendations can also help you save money on medication and therapies. Arthritis sufferers spend millions of dollars each year on quack remedies, only to be disappointed with the results.The medical professions won’t hold any secrets from you when a real cure for arthritis is found. If the quack remedies were really safe and effective, the doctors you know would be recommendations them to you. The US arthritis foundation maintains a misinformation file containing thousands of quack remedies for arthritis. Many won’t hurt you, but they probably won’t help either.One of the dangers of using quack remedies for arthritis without consulting your physician is that you might be giving up a more effective treatment by following something that hasn’t been proven to help in cases such as your own. In the long run you can do irreparable harm to yourself. Some advertised arthritis clinics may use remedies that have effects throughout the body that may be life threatening to certain individuals. When you read about a new breakthrough treatment for arthritis, discuss it with your physician. Your physician will know how it might influence your arthritis.
Are you suffering from joint pain which is causing a lot of distress in undertaking your daily activities? Homeopathy is an effective treatment measure for joint paints which is completely natural and does not involve side effects of any kind. Joint pain is experienced after one of your joints get damaged, and may also result in joint inflammation. The most common causes of joint pain include medical conditions like osteoarthritis, gout, general injuries, sprains, and rheumatoid arthritis. There are several types of homoeopathic medicines that are used for treating joint pain. Here is a list of the best homoeopathic medicines used, along with the symptoms experienced based on which they are prescribed:
Sanguinaria Can and Ferrum Met
- Sanguinaria Can is used for treating joint pains which occur in the shoulder. This medicine is usually used for treating joint pains on the right-hand side of your shoulder. The right shoulder is likely to feel stiff with pain that worsens with movement. The pain is indicated to worsen during night time.
- Ferrum Met, on the other hand, is used for curing left sided shoulder pain. Stiffness and cracking are experienced by a patient in his left shoulder, along with intense pain. The pain is subjected to increase on raising your arms.
- This is a very effective medicine that is used for treating joint pain.
- It helps in the management of both acute and chronic joint pains.
- It is prescribed when marked stiffness and extreme pain are experienced in the joints.
- It is effective in treating joint pains of all forms such as rheumatoid reasons, and joint pain from overexertion. It is common for the pain to worsen when you are immobile and it improves with mobility.
Bryonia and Ruta
- These homoeopathic medicines are used in case of joint pain which occur on the elbows.
- Bryonia is prescribed when the joint pain worsens even when there is no movement. It helps in providing ideal relief. Stiffness and swelling of the elbow joint are also indicated.
- On the other hand, Ruta is used for treating joint pains in the elbow when the pain is situated near your condyles. In such cases, raising and stretching of arms cause the pain to worsen. This medicine is also effective in the case of sore and inflamed tendons near your elbow joint that result in pain.
It is important for you to consult an experienced homeopathic practitioner before starting homoeopathic treatment for joint pains on your own. A doctor will be able to diagnose your condition the best and provide you with the most effective homoeopathic remedies.