Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Facial Reconstruction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Treatment of Nose Job
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Accident Injuries Treatment
Anti Aging Treatment
Cheek Augmentation Procedures
Cleft Lip Treatment
Dimple Creation Procedure
Glycolic Peel Treatment
Cryotherapy/Cold Therapy Treatment
Electrocautery Therapy Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R.KrishnanamoorthyYour feedback matters!
Can gynecomastia surgery is done without any stitches and How many days rest is required after surgery?
Pimpals kaise think kiya jay. Or kid we bache or pimpals think hone me baad chehre per daag na pade.
Hai sir. I am 25 years old. I have severe hair loss problem for last 1 year. I have done many treatments. But I couldn't avoid this. Basically I am vegetarian. Is there a reason for this problem. So Please suggest me that how can I stop the hair loss.
I am losing hair in my forehead. I tried different kinds of shampoo. What should I do to reduce hairfall.
Uncontrolled hair fall since 4 months and I lost my weigh 5 kg in last 2 month. And hair fall is at one spot on head and it increases the spots.
I am having problems of hairfall, acne and regular headache. Do they somehow linked with any condition? Or it's just normal. I m experiencing baldness.
Due to sunburn my skin goes dark day by day. Is there any simple solution. That can lighten my skin of face hand and feet?
I have hyperpigmentation around my mouth since childhood. I used many home remedies and loreal night creams and face washes. I want even my skin tone and also my skin used to be normal, nowadays it's dry.
Scarless facelift where in the scar cannot be seen and is hidden in the hairs. The results are like conventional facelift but without any visible scar. The results last for very long because with especially designed instruments, the fascia is also tightened.
The chances of any complication like nerve damage etc, are also virtually non existent with this technique
I have very much big problem related to my skin I have small small pimples on it. Please solve my problem!
28 Male. Dark sensitive skin. Serum Ige 1000. My facial skin is 3-4 times darker than my chest. Nose color is same as chest but nose bridge is a lot dark. Dark band around nose. Facial skin is rough and have discoloration in the lateral sides. Left side is more discolored. Sides of forehead also is darker. Small marks (not visible from 2-3 meter but visible when close) are there which I think are from pimples. I have tried many products, creams which either make my skin dry or dul (greasy creAm) l. Nothing really seems to be a good solution. Right now, I use himalaya neem face wash, use cucumber and ayur moisturizer and nomarks cream which keeps my skin well, but not improving it. I want to have a good skin, even tone and complexion like my chest. Please advice about everything I need to do. Apply and eat. Thanks in advance!
Meri wife ki foot ki airiyo me kafi time se problem hai vo jab tak cream ya oil lagati hai tab tak thik rahti hai phir jaise jyada chalti hai to phir uski eidiyo me pain shuru ho jata hai vo abhi coytril cream use karti hai jisse use relief milta hai isse achi koi medicine ya cream ho to bataye please. She is use coytril cream please tell us better treatment for foot.
I have dark circle below eyes over some day..what should I do for this to remove. Please reply immediately. Thank you
Hello I have hair loss problem my age is 26 what can I do for this. I use monoxidile solutions 2% but not effect give me best suggestions thanks.
I am suffering very weakness after coming my job. As well as I suffering last 2 years loosing my hair. please doctor consult me to prevent my loss hair. Like give medicine name. Which is very help ful for me.
I am 25 years old male. On my skin recently I got white moles. Why I got this type of moles. What happened. Is there any solution to this. What I can do for this problem.
What is Razor Bump (Pseudofolliculitis Barbae)?
It is an inflammatory reaction to the hair shaft entering the skin, most common in blacks who shave regularly.
Who gets razor bumps?
About 50% of black males are said to be affected. Other races can also be affected. Though the condition is most commonly reported in men, women who remove unwanted hair also suffer from this condition.
Causes of Razor Bumps-
The condition is caused by both genetic factors and various hair removal methods.
- Curved hair follicles and curly hair
- A defect in the gene for the hair protein keratin 6hf
Hair removal methods may cause razor bumps by either creating a sharp hair tip that re-enters the skin away from the hair pore (extrafollicular penetration) or by the hair shaft breaking off at different lengths and piercing the follicle from within the skin (transfollicular penetration). An inflammatory reaction is then set up in response to the hair fragments lying in the skin. The following methods may cause razor bumps:
- Ingrown hairs
- Red, skin coloured or dark bumps
- Bumps containing pus
What are the complications of razor bumps?
- Pigmentary problems (darkening of the area most common)
- Abscess formation
- Psychological problems
Razor bumps are most common on the beard, however they have been reported to occur on the pubic area, legs and scalp.
There are several treatment options to deal with razor bumps already present. They include:
- Alpha-hydroxy acids
- Chemical peels
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
It is true to say that 'prevention is better than cure'. Here are the preventions-
- Laser hair removal is the best method of removing unwanted hair in individuals affected with this condition. The laser device is programmed to selectively target the pigment in the hair follicle, destroying it, while leaving the skin intact.
- Electrical clippers are found by many to cause less bumps than razors. If one must shave it is important to avoid a close shave to help prevent razor bumps. The following is a guide to safer shaving methods:
- Brush hairs with polyester sponge before shaving.
- Wash beard, use pre-shave cream or gel.
- Avoid double and triple blade razors.
- Shave in the direction of hair growth.
- Do not pull the skin taut.
- Use a sharp blade, rinse after each stroke.
- Apply a cold compress after shaving, then a soothing aftershave preparation.
- Clipping hairs with a small pair of facial scissors is an option for women with few unwanted hairs.
- Chemical depilatories (hair removal creams) are another option for hair removal.
- Electrolysis is a permanent method of hair removal but requires several sessions. It is operator dependent and can cause bumps and scarring. Waxing and tweezing also have the potential to cause bumps.
- Eflornithine hydrochloride is a cream that slows the growth of hair and therefore can be used in combination with a hair removal method. It is marketed for women with unwanted facial hair.
- Anti-androgen drugs can be used in females who have hirsutism (male pattern hair growth e.g. beard hairs)