Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. R Karuna MurthyYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, I want to ask about my mother in law. She is around 70 years of age, heavy built and a diabetic patient. She is unable to control her urine and poop. She often urinates in the room before reaching to the washroom. Don't know whether she's unable to control or she doesn't realize when to go washroom. Description of poop- foul smell, adequate quantity, soft, dark in colour, sometimes blackish. Also, have realized that this excretion thing increases whenever she eats multigrain roti (chana atta+jau aata). Else it happens sometimes. Kindly suggest.
I don't know why I need to washroom for toilet 3-4times in an hour? But even I don't drink much water. And main think is my urine doesn't come at ones I need to go again and again.
I have a kidney stone of 7.5 mm for which I am taking medicines but from last 2-3 days there is pain in my right testicle and it's size also increased. Is it common in Kidney stone?
I had kidney transplant 3 years back. Recently I started consuming apple cider vinegar dilute it with water 3 time a day before meal. Just for weight management. Want to know is it safe for my kidney?
I have kidney problem (infection, not sure but there is possibility of kidney stone), and high concentration of gastric acid. Can I take a regular medicine that contain aluminum and magnesium hydroxide? I afraid about The magnesium or aluminium.
After urination 2-3 drops of urine comes after 10-15 seconds later, what's this It's serious problem or not.
I have a question that I am suffering from urine infection very frequently, felt pain when urine is passing.
I have many stone in my kidney and there are many more pain in my stomach and I am very weak for the reason of stone in my kidney. Please help me for medicine without any operation.
I am 42 years old lady. 4 days back doctor diagnosed me fungal infection in my vagina. She prescribed Zocon 150 mg weekly for three weeks , Secnil forte -one tablet daily for two days and ginclac v for insertion for four days. As a result my urine is very very dark. What should I do? Another doctor skin specialist prescribed LCZ for my face skin allergy. Can I take this anti allergic with the above medicine? My urine is very very dark. Kindly suggest.
There's a 10 mm stone in my right kidney after making ultrasound I know it. Is it can be curable without surgery.
Preventive aspects for kidney failure-
I am Dr D K Agarwal. I’m senior consultant nephrologists’ from the Indraprastha Hospital, New Delhi. I’m from lybrate. We want to discuss how can we save ourself from a kidney failure.
What steps you have to take to save your kidney?
You understand that kidney is very important part to excrete the toxic materials from the body and the kidney failure, once you have the treatment is very costly in the form of transplantation or dialysis. So we should try to save ourself from kidney failure. Now the steps you have to take care of,
- If you are having diabetes in your family then you should control it. And to control it, we have certain parameters like Glycosylated haemoglobin HBA1C. HBA1C tells about th control of last three months. It should be between 6 to 7%.
- Now if you have blood pressure you should control it in the range of 130/180 or lower down it because controlling the blood pressure relieves the kidney failure.
- The pain killers which are an important cause of kidney failure, we should not take it for too long or now and then by self medication.
- Sometimes you know we go to the chemist, buy the drugs without any consultation from the doctor, these are harmful. So pain killers should be taken cautiously.
- Apart from that if you are having any type of kidney problem like stone, like you are not passing good amount of urine, you are putting force in the urine then you should see the doctor immediately. Because if you take care of the kidney problem immediately it will not change to the chronic state and the last stage.
You can connect with me via lybrate 24 hours and we will answer your question about disease.