Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. Karu Shanmuga Karthikeyan
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. R. Karu Shanmuga KarthikeyanYour feedback matters!
Hi, My Dad has Uric Acid problem. His uric acid level came out to be 8. Yearly or within 2 years, he usually gets gout attack. Currently, he is having swelling, pain and redness in his knee. I wanted to know what vegetables and fruits are preferable for him which do not increase the uric acid level and which all vegetables/fruits he should basically avoid. Can you help with a proper diet chart to follow? Also, are mangoes preferable to eat in such condition?
I consulted a doctor with lower back pain and muscle fatigue while walking. He asked to take an X ray and he said it shows my lower spine has straightened and doesn't have any curvature it naturally have. I want some a second opinion and also if the medicines provided would cure me These are the medicine he prescribed for 3 weeks 1. Pantoprazole gastro resistant tablet 2. Deflazacort tablets 6 mg 3. Trypsin chymotrypsin with paracetamol & Aceclofenac Will these straighten my spine.
I am 55 years male. Tried Bicycle for 2 months, 8 km in 25 minutes every day morning. 3 weeks back we played few outdoor games, involving jumping, running, dancing etc. Since then I am having pain in left knee, may b coincidence. Now I intend to continue Bicycle on daily basis, shall I or undergo some medical check up before?
My hand chocked when I raise my hand. It pains a lot. Mainly it starts with shoulder please help me out.
I am having pain n left hand forearm and bicep joint due to workout. Its been a month and still its painful. What should I do.
I am 62 female having tremendous lower backache pain and pain in the left leg. The pain is a troubing and I am unable to move around and walk.
I have positive CRP test. I am suffering from coccygodynia from 50 days. And I have pain in my tailbone. I am taking physiotherapy from different physiotherapist since last 5o days. But it is not improving. What should I do? If go for ortho or physio. I'm 27 years old male.
When the hand fingers start changing their shape from joints or in other words bends then its said that the person is suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. What can be the possible natural remedy or exercise for it, through which the intensity can be stopped from getting worst?
I am 20 years old and I am suffering from knee injuries what should I do now actually I was playing football yesterday so I injured very seriously.
I have a red spot at my left shoulder from 10 days but it has no pain, what should I do? I mean should I ignore it, or should I need concern of it?
I am 62 male weight 99 kg severe knee pain any solution other than pain killer ? healthy 6 feet with no vices.
Hello sir I have back pain problem last one month I am using the volini spray continue but no relief what should I do please help me sir my self gotam Singh I am 55 year old man.
I am 46 yrs, feeling pain due to cervical spondylosis, pain in thigh due to lbp. High decibel snoring too. Please Advice.
I am 65 years old and I am suffering from knee and palm of left leg. Can you suggest some remedy for the same.
Meniscus refers to the soft ligament in your knee joint, which cushions your bones and protects it from wear and tear. It is vital for the fulfilment of regular activities and the health of your bones. Thus, a damage to the meniscus can be extremely painful. Meniscuses are exposed to injuries and shocks in case of rigorous activities and this is a fairly common syndrome faced by athletes and sports persons. It can cause a substantial amount of hurt and generally impairs movement to a large extent. It potentially gets worse as the inflammation sets in and the swelling grows. The risk of a meniscus tear increases with age. The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective.
Symptoms of a torn meniscus
1. You might be able to experience a popping sensation in your knee joint
2. Stiffness and swelling
3. You will experience pain, especially while you are trying to twist your knee
4. You might not be able to straighten your knee completely
The treatment for a torn meniscus depends upon the degree of tear. While minor tears repair on their own, for graver injuries, the following therapies may prove effective:
1. Light exercises: For slightly serious meniscus tears, there are certain knee exercises which are recommended to abort any further damage as well as to repair the wound. Limiting the activities which might exert pressure on the knees, getting adequate rest, using ice packs and wearing neoprene sleeves always aid in recovery.
2. Anti-inflammatory medications: Often, meniscus tears are cured with the help of anti-inflammatory drugs like Ibuprofen. They not only reduce pain but also enable the mending of the injured tissue. However, one needs to be aware of a few side effects which often become natural repercussions of such drugs. Possibility of ulcers and bleeding get increased by leaps and bounds on the intake of such drugs.
3. Surgery: For all other forms of meniscus tears, if healing is not obtained through non-surgical methods, the only option available is that of surgery. Such a situation arises when the pain becomes unbearable and the meniscus tear does not respond favorably to superficial treatments. These surgeries are less complicated than replacement surgeries. They usually do not involve any life threatening hazard and cautious and efficiently conducted surgeries release all pains and handicaps.