Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R Kanthimathy
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. R KanthimathyYour feedback matters!
I am not able to eat at one particular time, and if I walk more than a km I am getting full leg and feet pain please give me suggestion.
I am 23 year old male. From the last few months I am experiencing a pinching pain in the upper back (may be the cervical backbone) which gets aggravated while turning the head. This similar backache is also experienced while I am sleeping. Pressing there with hands gives slight relief but the pain persists. What should I do and suggest a treatment. Thank you in advance.
I have body pain since 4-5 days what can be the reason? I haven't done anything like extra workout but still my body is in pain.
My bro kick me at my sacral area when i was in bent position. Now there is a throbbing pain near my tail bone and i cnt sit straight for long.Help me. M 20 yrs old.
I have back pain for over 10months near my spine. I took X ray and all and consulted with doctor too. Doctor said nothing with my X ray report. But still I have pain.
Pain in the back can be due to a number of reasons. It may be habitual, occupational, sports-related, or idiopathic.
- Habitual pain is usually due to patients being habituated to a faulty posture.
- Occupational pain is related to professions, which require standing or driving for long hours or professions like dentists who need to have a bent posture for extended periods of time.
- Sports-related pain usually affects athletes or children who bend their back inadvertently during taking part in sports.
Apart from these, back pain may also occur due to unknown or unrelated reasons. Homeopathic is a great alternative compared to allopathic medicines because it has no side effects and the cure is long term. The several homeopathic medications that may be used for back pain are as follows:
- Sulphur: It is a great remedy for patients who have back pain due to a slouching posture and whose pain worsens when they stand up.
- Ruta Graveolens: It is the remedy of choice in cases the patient experiences stiffness in joint or muscles, accompanied with feeling of soreness and lameness all over the back.
- Aesculus: It is a good homeopathic remedy in cases of very low back pain, which gets worse when the patient tried to stand upright from a previously sitting position.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: It is a recommended medicine in cases of pain of the lower back, shoulders and neck. Pain is worsened by damp and cold weather and by movement. Relief to such pain is provided by massage, hot baths, and warm applications.
- Arnica: This homeopathic gel is popular for its good effect on soft tissues and muscular pain.
- Nux Vomica: It is a great remedy for cases where pain gets worse by damp and cold weather, especially at night and painful muscle cramps are experienced in the lower back.
- Ignatia: It is a good remedy for emotional distress and for pain in the muscles of the lower back.
- Natrum Muriaticum: It is indicated for use in the pain of the lower back, which gets better from lying down on a hard surface.
- Bryonia: It is recommended in cases of strong pain in the lower back that prevents the patient from even moving, turning from side to side in the bed, coughing, or making any kind of sudden movement.
- Kali Carbonicium: It is a good remedy for patients who have frequent and strong night pains, accompanied with increased back pain during menses.
In addition to these, there are other homeopathic remedies that are recommended in cases of back pain such as Cimifuga, Calcarea Carbonica, Calcarea Phosphorica, Dulcamara, etc. To accurately understand which medication needs to be taken under which condition, it’s always wise to consult a homeopathic doctor before popping in any globules.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Neck stiffness is common and can be uncomfortable enough to hamper day to day life. Ten easy steps can prevent neck pain.
Following are the 10 steps:
Don?t stay in one position for too long
Keep the computer monitor at eye level.
Use the hands-free function of the phone or wear a headset.
Prop your touch-screen tablet or the ipad on a pillow so that it sits at a 45� angle, instead of lying flat on your lap.
Keep your prescription up to date if you wear glasses to prevent leaning your head back to see better.
Don?t use too many pillows as it can stifle your neck?s range of motion.
Before you move a big wardrobe across the room, consider what it might do to your neck and back, and ask for help.
Call your doctor if neck pain is associated with radiating pain, weakness, or numbness of an arm or leg.
Also call the doctor if you have fever or weight loss associated with your neck pain, or severe pain.