Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R.K.SasankhYour feedback matters!
If stressed, consuming certain food and medications can trigger skin rashes. This kind of rash is called hives. It is also known as urticaria. Anyone can be affected by hives, at least 20% of people are affected by hives at some time or the other in their lives. The itching could be severe or mild. It starts as a patch of scaly white skin that develops into red welts over time. To make sure the itching does not worsen, scratching, emotional stress, alcoholic drinks and exercise should be avoided.
- Itchy bumps that are raised and are either red or flesh coloured
- If the hive is pressed in the middle, the skin whitens this symptom is called blanching.
- The hive formation can appear anywhere, disappear and then reappear somewhere else.
- Certain food like shellfish, eggs, peanuts and other nuts
- Certain medicines like antibiotics, ibuprofen and aspirin
- Insect bites or stings
- Physical causes like pressure, sun exposure, cold, exercise and heat
- Blood transfusions
- Bacterial infections
- Pet allergens
- Viral infections like the common cold, hepatitis and infectious mononucleosis
- Certain plants like poison ivy and poison oak
There is no distinct cure for hives. But you can control its symptoms in the following ways:
- Antihistamines help in blocking histamines, which cause the allergy symptoms. Non sedating or low sedating Antihistamines will be mostly recommended by your doctor.
- If episodes of hives are several, it may require limited treatment with prednisone. Prednisone will be able to lessen the symptoms.
- If the symptoms get severe enough so much so that it swells up your tongue and you have problem breathing, then the doctor might prescribe an epinephrine. However, these symptoms can mean another thing, an anaphylaxis shock. Epinephrine is the only treatment for an anaphylaxis shock.
If what caused hives to break out is figured out, then measures should be taken to avoid or eliminate the triggers.
- Avoid eating food items that triggered the symptoms in the first place
- If harsh soaps, frequent bathing cause hives, they should be avoided
- Tight clothing should be avoided
- If cold triggers hives, then wear warm clothing, wrap a scarf and do not swim in cold water.
- Avoid sun exposure and wear sunblock
- If a specific medication is causing the hives, inform your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Recently for the first time experienced breast milk she has been undergone family planning surgery at the age of 28 years has 2 children. Recently had a breast infection with pus formation. And have taken antibiotics for same. Now she's concerned about the unusual breast milk for the first time is it common or to be taken to Dr? Please answer.
I have used many beauty creams to lighten my skin, as a result applied area has became darker and other area is white. Suggest me a remedy to make my total face to get my original colour.
My colour is very black nobody like me I feel so bad for myself please give me any advice. How could be white?
Hello, Yesterday night I came from goa and I got sun tan on my face legs and on hands. How can I remove tan within 7 days. Please suggest me to remove tan of my face, legs n hands.
Hi, i'm using skin lite cream & I got good result, if I don't use it for 3-4 days i'm going v dark! so i'm continuing to use it sine from 1 year! I wanted to stop using skinlite & maintain my fairness, can you please suggest me the solution and also a good face wash!
When my tsh levels are normal. It's always below 2 then why my face still looks puffy. Why my weight is still not the same it use 2 b.if I'm hypothyroid then I have to suffer for this puffiness problem fever?
I have seen dermatitis on face my doc gave some steroid lotion0. 1% , ityza capsules for 14 days using thing my facing becomes normal but after symptoms symptoms comes again my doc gave me katnozole tablets fr 14 days n emusone cream this cream also good fr 14 days but as m stopping these cream symptoms comes again I have no dandruff please my face red oily and feel like dead skin on my face.
I have a black burn spot on my cheek before 15 year's ago then how to reduce my black spot and reduce to burn scars.
PRP is a latest, state-of-the-art technology that employs non-surgical methods to stimulate hair growth in case of hair loss.Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How PRP works?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system
- Autologous (from patient's own blood)
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns
- Increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively
The Science of PRP
There are special cells called platelets used in PRP, that have been theoretically proved to stimulate hair follicles growth by stimulating stem cells and other important cells in the ecosystem of the follicles. They are instrumental in promoting the healing ability and regeneration of cells, formation of new cells and response to injury. PRP stimulates inactive or newly implanted hair follicles, and makes them active by inducing them into a growth phase.
Platelets are known to contain various structures, which are crucial for blood clotting and cell regeneration, and are released during the repair process by the body. Some of these structures are: glycogen, alpha granules and lysosomes.
Who should not have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely! Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!