Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R Jeyaraman
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. R JeyaramanYour feedback matters!
I have cough kidney problem and I'm taking Ace inhibitors and my bp is 190/100 I want to change my drug please suggest me a drug.
Hello sir, I am 22 years old male. I have pain in my Anus after passing a stool and a little bit blood is coming with the stool. The pain is coming only when the stool is very hard. Is this symptom of piles? Please advise me thankyou.
Having a stone in any organ of the body can be a harrowing experience but having a stone in your kidney is the most dreadful experience of the lot. The presence of a kidney stone causes excruciating pain in the host’s pelvic area, and if the stone enters the urinary tract of the host, the misery of the patient increases manifold. The urinary tract may also get jammed due to the presence of the stone, thereby causing problems in the urinary flow of the patient.
Ways to Manage a Kidney Stone-
Consulting a doctor is the first thing you should do when suffering from a situation such as a kidney stone. Doctors will provide the patients with medicines to curb their pain and improve their health. But, one can very well improve their condition by some of the basic home remedies as well. The most common home remedies a patient can act upon to manage a kidney stone in the best possible way are:
- Drinking Water- By drinking water in large amounts, the kidney stone starts to break down into smaller pieces, and the elements of the stone get diluted slowly. Ultimately, due to the dilution of the elements of the stone, the stones pass through with the urine of the patient. By drinking the water, you will be passing urine faster than the normal rate. As the stone enters the urinary tract, there are chances that the stone may be passed out while urinating.
- Watching Diet- Kidney stone patients should be a bit cautious with the food they consume. They should try and not have food which has high acid content. Low cholesterol levels need to be maintained, so if you want to prevent this from happening you need to cut down on fried and junk food.
- High Calcium Intake- Having food which has a high calcium content will help in flushing the stones out. The calcium will combine with oxalates and crystalize them, thereby enabling it to pass it through the urinary tract of the patient.
- High lemon consumption- Lemon juice is filled with citrates. Citrates can easily break up the kidney stones into minute particles and give it a Sandy texture. Citrate also helps in moving the stone in the right direction. You can drink lemon juice directly or mix it with warm water and then consume it.
- Apple cider vinegar- This again contains a high amount of citric acid which worked very efficiently in our body. It manages to set everything in place. You will be able to digest food in a better manner and will also reduce the pain. It will break down the stone and then pass it. Apple cider vinegar can be consumed with a warm glass of water mixed with one spoon of honey.
Kidney stones is a pretty common yet a serious condition, therefore one should not take it lightly and should consult a doctor as soon as possible. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!