Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.JayaprakashYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, PCOD PROBLEM: We got married before 6 months. My wife age is 26. She not yet conceive. Last week I come to know that she is having PCOD problem before Marriage itself and she consuming metformin tablet as per doctor prescription. Almost 5 years she had that tablets. She had irregular periods also. My doubt is, 1. She can able to get pregnant? 2. What are the foods need to consume? 3. How many days per week we have to have intercourse for PCOD problem. 4. How to cure this completely. 5. How long it will take to get pregnant.
Dear sir today dengue is very serious problem in Delhi so how can we protect our children from dengue.
I had a perianal abscess for which I have undergone incision and drainage 4 days ago. What are the precautions I should take to avoid recurrence or a fistula.
I am suffering from fever and coughing and it is very much irritating for me. So I expect a suggestion for the remedy from you.
I got infection on my penis rubella virus is positive in my blood. I got 2 years treatment but now again got some infection itching and redness pls tell me the solution.
Hi, I have been suffering from constant itching in groin area (on left and right side of the penis, nearby testicles). Have used talcum powder and coconut oil as I thought it is because of dryness. Please suggest.
I'm 18 gear old and suffering from cold. I'm taking D-COLD Total since 3 days. But still feeling burning in my nostrils. Please help me.
I am a 25 yrs old female, I am suffering from an allergy for past 2 years. Itching in nose and upper enamel, I am taking cetrazine and zifi200 but relief only for some days. After 7 to 8 days it will again causing same itching. What should I do? Please help me.
1. Varicocele with mild discomfort (mild pain, good sperm count) can be treated by ayurveda? 2. Why doctor does not operate for mild discomfort ? 3.It is possible to strong walls of veins?
I am 27 years old. I want to increase my chest, is this possible? also I have piles problem. Motions not coming regular. So what can I do? please help me.
My breath become heavy n I feel difficulty to breath while I m running for a while, What I have to do?
Is daily masturbating I s good to health? My friend says he use to bat 3 times in a day. Bt is it good for future? Then to reduce sexual feeling what a men should do? Is their any alternative to reduce feelings ng.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
Related Tip: " All You Need To Know About Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder"