Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. R HemalathaYour feedback matters!
How to reduce eye number? Does I possible in years age? With any exercise? Please tell me any ayurvedic or yoga to do that.
I am using computer for around 10 hrs a day. What are the precautions to be taken to cure my eyes from eye decease s.
Cholesterol pockets or Xanthelasma are yellow patches of cholesterol that form in the inner portion of the eyelids. These patches are not harmful; however, they can be a source of cosmetic concern. This condition can be indicative of an underlying heart disease.
Who are the most vulnerable to this disease?
Xanthelasma is a very rare condition that only affects people who have high blood cholesterol levels. However, this condition has been seen to develop even if one’s cholesterol levels are found to be normal. Usually, people in their middle age are the most susceptible to this condition. Xanthelasma affects women more as compared to men.
High blood cholesterol level is the primary cause for this disorder. One might be prone to this disorder if the percentage of bad cholesterol (LDL) in the body is on the higher side. Another liver disorder known as ‘biliary cirrhosis’, is also known to increase blood cholesterol levels. Generally, Asians are the most vulnerable to this disease.
Derma Treatments for Xanthelasma-
As these patches do not disappear on their own, they need to be given medical attention. Usually, it’s the cosmetic concern that urges one to go for the treatment. The various treatment options for this disorder are:
Surgical removal of the cholesterol pockets.
These pockets can also be removed with a laser.
Certain medications such as trichloroacetic acid can be used to dissolve these patches.
Cryosurgery, a procedure whereby the cholesterol pockets are exposed to freezing temperatures, is also another treatment option.
Electrodessication is a surgical procedure to get rid of the cholesterol pockets.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello. My right eye vision is blurry or say i can't see at all from my right eye.We had shown to Doctors of VMMC and AIIMS but they say that there is no treatment for this and it can not be cured.VMMC doctor's just did LASER and said this is just to prevent this from further increasing but it is not possible that i will ever able to see from my right eye as well.
I'm a 23-year-old male experiencing irritation in eyes probably due to prolonged durations of working on the laptop. How can I soothe my eyes and feel fresh?
I had an eye flew. Dr. injected injection in my eye. Afterthat I am not able to see properly. Is there any solution or any treatment for me. Please guide me.
I am wearing specs for past 7 yrs, how I can increase my eye sight. Its year by year eye power decreased. What can I do for that?
My eyes became red every time I put up my contact lenses from last month onwards, I can not get it why?
I am still feeling lazy with my right eye. It affected with infection. Allergic conjunctivitis attacks it. So many doctor are see this. But now I do not see clear with this eye. Please help doctor.
I am 29 and wear glasses with power 2.75 in negative. I wanna get rid of my specs. Is LASER surgery for eyes safe? Is there any side effect of this? Can I loose my eye sight at old age?
I am software engineer. After the office hours there is paining in my forehead and my eyes burns at night. Tears also come out of eyes times? Do I need to check number of glasses? How to relax eyes while working on computer.
I having eye pain for fourteen days so what shout I do for this type of problem please give me a static information.
Sir, my question is there is a white powder like substance which appears everyday even if I remove it and under the eyes I feel some pain. So what should I do?
Sir, what are the pathological test required for cataract surgery, I am 54 yrs old and planning for the same. Kindly let me know before I go for check up. Thanks and regards.
My son aged 13 is experiencing continued flowing of water from his eyes since yesterday. He has washed his eyes about a 100 times but for no use. He is also feeling a slight irritation. Seeing a bright object like tubelight also makes water comes out from his eyes. Please suggest best remedy asap.
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.