Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Submit a review for Dr. R GuruswamyYour feedback matters!
Hi sir, Suddenly I got blood from my nose, I'm worried about this, may I know what are the reasons for this.
Hello doctor. My mother is 42years old, take a balanced diet but she is suffering from sinus, its really hard for her because he use to sneeze all time when caught into dust or smoke or any fragrance. She has a great problem of headache. She is having homeopathic medicines since 2months she is bit fine with those but not fully cured. Please help me so that I can help her overcoming this problem.
I have Granuals in my throat and reddish all over inside my throat, also running nose and moderate/mild fever. I suspect throat infection. What should I do?
I have wet, blocked (one side of nasal) nose every time like with sneezing some times eyes also become affected or become Red. Doctor allergy allergy Is there any solution of that?
I have sore throat and dry mouth I think it is post nasal drip. Would you please suggest me some medicine.
I have the throat infection from long time 4-5 years. Sometime i feel disturbance to speak then i have to clear my throat by coughing and blackish pieces of congestion comes out in my spit. I never smoke or do any type of addiction. What is the reason?
See I am 20 ears old boy. My Hand is panning every time. What's are the treatments for this pain please help and proceed mybproblumes.
I got a throat ulcer 2 days ago and its really pain I want to know is it a sign of cancer I m really afraid im 21 years old.
Hi I am feeling dizzy and drowsy from. Last two three days. I work on computer in office. whenever I sit in front of pc. I start to feel drowsy. I was feeling dehydrated and tired drowsy dizzy all the time. Even at home also. What could be the reason. 2 days back I noticed my mouth gets dry. I drink lots of water bit still sleeping. I have had to make extreme efforts to keep my eyes open at works. They automatically shuts and I keep yawning inspite of good sleep. I lost weight 2 kgs recently. Is it eye problem or any other issue. My eyes feel too heavy and sleepy. Sometimes I feel spinning around head while sitting talking and walking. Kindly suggest. What is the reason. This is happening from last 5.6 days.
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm.