Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. R.DhayanidhiYour feedback matters!
I am 58 years old, and lead a very active life, I am engaged in regular exercise - for the past two weeks I have noticed pain under my left heel - this happens when I get up in the morning and gradually goes off after I do a little brisk walking followed with stretching exercise. What should I do please advise.
Hi Sir/ma'am, 2 years ago I had an accident and had a leg surgery by stainless steel plate. Few days ago I have asked about this on Lybrate that how long I can keep stainless steel inside my leg and I got answer from one of doctor that I can keep this stainless steel plate as long as I want. If I really keep stainless steel plate inside my leg as long as I want then why people use titanium plate instead of stainless steel plate? Stainless steel plate cost much lesser than titanium plate. Someone says that stainless steel plate is for short period of time like for 3 or 4 years and titanium plate is for lifetime.
I am 34 years old female. 15 days back fall down from steps and having knee pain. I used pain relief tablets and ointment also but in vain. Can you tell any suggestion.
Hi I am 31 years old I have a back pain when I sit more than 30 min what can I do give me the solution.
Meri age 30 hai aur mjhe pairo me bht pain rehti hai and back main bhi. Toh main yeh janna chahti hu k yeh kyn hoti hai pain? Aur mjhe ab kon c medicine leni chahie?
Hello doctor while playing with my friends and my knee started too pain a lot then I went too the doctor and after the MRI doctor told that I have ACL tear in my knee and I have to undergo arthroscopic ACL reconstruction but it have been a year and I have not done the operation because it do not pain much but some time it starts too pain when I play keep standing for long time what should I do now please help.
A fracture is a complete or incomplete crack, which appears on a bone due to application of intense pressure or force. A fracture results in extreme pain, and the bone becomes immobile. Any kind of movement boosts the pain. Fracture pain occurs in three distinct stages. Acute pain is felt immediately after a fracture while sub acute pain occurs over the weeks that follow after a fracture. The third stage or chronic pain occurs when the fracture and soft tissues around it have healed.
Fracture pain is quite intense in nature and proper precautions should be taken while dealing with them:
- Development of fracture pain: When a bone undergoes a fracture, the ligaments and tendons are also damaged. While the bone slowly heals, ligaments and tendons fail to heal equally well or completely. Post fracture pain also develops when the outside of the bone does not heal completely. This usually does not appear in an X-ray.
- Treatment of fracture pain: Modern medications can be utilized to treat a fracture pain. Steroid injections and prescribed anti-inflammatory medicines help in treating a fracture pain. However, these remedies cause side effects, which are harmful for the body. Cortisone shots are utilized for the same purpose as well.
- Prolotherapy: Prolotherapy is an approach where ligament and tendon strengthening is stimulated along with repairing. This technique ensures complete treatment of the fracture, and the risk of long-term complications like arthritis is absent. In cases of fracture pain, which occurs due to the incomplete healing of the outer part of the bone, Prolotherapy helps in strengthening the fibro-osseous junction at the source of the pain. This will stop the nerve endings from firing. Prolotherapy provides speedy recovery and accounts for making the injured bone stronger than before. This process is often undergone by athletes. The procedure is undertaken only after thorough examinations for detection of the root cause of the pain. Prolotherapy is considered to be the best treatment for repairing tendons and ligaments, which commonly cause fracture pain. The body is simply stimulated and the painful areas are repaired. This is done by the introduction of a mild inflammatory reaction to the area of the weak tendons and cartilages. The results obtained after Prolotherapy are permanent and the fracture pain is unlikely to reoccur.
- Splints are utilized to stop the movement of fractured bone and braces can be used to support the bone. Plaster cast also supports and immobilizes the fractured bone. Traction and surgical implants are other treatment measures.
- Fracture pain occurs not only because of the broken bone, but also because of the weakened ligaments and tendons around the bone. Fracture pain should be handled very carefully, and proper control measures should be applied.