Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. R. BalakrishnanYour feedback matters!
Sir please tell me what could be later results .2 months ago he had a major brain injury after operation of brain in park hospital now he is only able to speak and sit but no memory at all.
On 28 March I had intercourse on my most fertile days. After that my periods came on April 14 which were light and short earlier they lasted for 4_5 and now it only lasted for 1 and a half day. Urine test and beta hcg are negative. But my stomach is getting too bigger after I had sex. Whereas m eating so less always avoid my meal. I'm facing constipation also. What does this mean .does pregnancy tests are wrong or there is something else. My stomach was so flat earlier. Now its 4 cycles m having scanty periods. Now my belly is 30 inches. I am pregnant or not whats going on. Please help me to come out from this.
How to cure stammering? I do not have speech therapist, psychologist in my vicinity. Suggest some proven ways to cure stammering?
Hello Sir, my problem is when i am reading/understanding any topic my grasping capacity is very low what can I do?
My friend have negative unwanted thought in his mind regarding not able to do sex and always anxiety performance for doing sex any good allopathic medicine for this problem.
I sleep well. Walk on every morning on a daily basis. And drink about 7 glass of water daily. And presently I am not going through any mental stress. Yet suddenly I am having this dark circles under my eyes. What should I do?
Meri age 25 hai orr mai pichle 5saal se smoking krrha hu mai kitna bhi try kru magr mai smoking krna band nahi karpara hu mera face bht dull hogya hai lips bhi boht dark hogye hai. Kya koi medicine hai jisse mai apni iss habit ko change krsku or kya koi medicine h jisse meri skin or lips normal hojye pehle ki tarah. Please suggest.
I am 55 years age male. I am having hearing problems since 2 years. I smoke occasionally and drink regularly. I am non vegetarian. Pls advice me the best precautions.
What Is Adjustment Disorder
Adjustment disorder is considered to be a group of conditions, which usually occur when a person experiences difficulty in coping with the stressful life events. These usually include relationship issues, job issues or the demise of a loved one. The incapacity to adjust to stressful events leads to psychological and sometimes physical symptoms.
Symptoms of Adjustment Disorder
The psychological and physical symptoms linked with adjustment disorder occur either during or instantly after a stressful event. The disorder only lasts for 6 months, but the symptoms might continue if the stressor has not been removed. The symptoms might vary from person to person.
The psychological symptoms are anxiety, crying, impulsiveness, lack of concentration, low or loss of self esteem, feeling hopeless, sad or trapped, and withdrawn attitude along with suicidal tendencies.
Adjustment disorder might display psychological and physical symptoms separately or together.
Types of Adjustment Disorder
There are 6 adjustment disorders and each one of them is associated with different symptoms:
1) Adjustment disorder with depressed mood: People diagnosed with this suffer from feelings of hopelessness and sadness is often related with crying. Also, a person might not enjoy the activities, which he earlier enjoyed.
2) Adjustment disorder with anxiety: Symptoms of this are anxiety along with being anxious, overwhelmed, and worried. People with this show less concentration and poor memory. When diagnosed in children, it is usually due to the separation anxiety from loved ones and parents.
3) Adjustment disorder with mixed anxiety and depressed mood: In this both anxiety and depression is experienced.
4) Adjustment disorder with disturbance of conduct: The symptoms of this disorder are more about the involvement of the behavioral issues like starting a quarrel, reckless driving, destructing property and stealing. Teens suffering from this might become absent from school.
5) Adjustment disorder with mixed disturbance of emotions and conduct: The symptoms of anxiety, depression, and behavioral issues are observed.
6) Adjustment disorder unspecified: People who are diagnosed with this type of disorder usually display symptoms those are not associated with other disorders. They exhibit more of physical symptoms and problems with family and friends or at school and workplace.
Treatment of Adjustment Disorder:
If diagnosed with an adjustment disorder, a person can definitely benefit from treatment. This is usually treated with therapy or medicines or a combination of both.
- Therapy is the first choice. A health counselor or a psychologist can give counseling and if there is a need for medication, then you might be referred to a psychiatrist.
- Medication like Nonbenzodiazepine anxiolytic, SSRI or SNRI and benzodiazepines might be prescribed for reducing the symptoms of anxiety.
I am shaan 22 years old & smoking cigarette from last 5 years. And now I wanna quit dis at any cost please help me out.
Hi I am sangeeta From Nepal My periods gets late day by day. I feel pain in those late days. I am in too depression by this disease. My all the performance gets lost by this stupid diseases. So please let me out from this. I am too thankful of you!
I lost somebody Close last yaer and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time. Please help me.
Hi I am diagnosed with schizophrenia I am taking medicine for 8 years need get out of medicine please help me I had mercury amalgam removed by a regular dentist not completely but some part still remain since it is very deep, when I visit psychiatrist they ask me to go job my sleep is not improving by medicine please help.
I'm siddaraju and I'm working for an IT company and day by day due to the daily stressful work I feel like my mind sharpness of Solving a problem was no that gud. And if I think more I felt like exhausted and and confident these days. A bit of scary hides in me all the time if I try to find a soln to a problem. Pls suggest me how to get rid of this problem.
Hello, myself junad here, I will smoke 10 cigrets daily but ny family doesn't no about this. I am facing max coughing in aproxx 4 weeks in every month. Wht should I do.
I am too depressed as I am in a relationship in which he black mails me ki me tumhe badnaam kerduga papa ko goli maarduga he is vry powerful I am depressed I have attempted suicide also no one is there to share my feelings as my parents expectations are high from me I don't wanna broke them I feel sometimes I need a psychiatrist but don't I feel is it I am mental or what? Please advise.
Hi doctor I am 25 years old and I am feeling full of adultery thought's. Is there any medicine and tips to go out of it.
I don't drink or smoke but sometimes my hand starts shaking for no reason is it a cause for concern?
If you are concerned about the health of your heart, one of the primary and most important things to do is quit smoking. Avoiding and abstaining from smoking will heal the nicotine damage caused to your heart. This will enable you to lead a long and healthy life. Here are the reasons why you should quit smoking for the sake of your heart:
- Reduced risk of heart attack: The benefits of not smoking start hours after you quit, and the heart rate and blood pressure get normalised slowly. By quitting smoking, your chances of having a heart attack are reduced by 50%.
- In case of women, quitting smoking has special benefits: Women generally have a smaller body frame than men, and the harmful effects of smoking on a woman’s heart are considered to be more dangerous and concentrated. Female smokers under the age of sixty are more likely to experience a condition known as cholesterol plaque erosion, which is a fatal blood vessel condition. Women smokers are likely (seven times more than men) to develop heart complications due to smoking.
- When you quit smoking, your heart is no longer exposed to harmful chemicals: Cigarette smoke contains toxins such as arsenic, formaldehyde and benzene. The chemical substances may be hazardous to the blood vessels in your body, and the heart muscles get damaged. Once you quit smoking, these chemicals will no longer enter your body, making your heart healthier.
- Quitting smoking benefits other people as well: When children and people are exposed to tobacco smoke, their chances of having plaque in their heart’s arteries are enhanced. This may cause a stroke.
- Quitting smoking reduces the chances of getting hospitalised: A smoker may be at the risk for getting hospitalised because of several conditions such as congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary diseases, much more than a non-smoker. After quitting smoking, the chances of being hospitalised decrease within five years.
- Quitting smoking lowers the risk of having atherosclerosis: Atherosclerosis is a blood vessel disease which is caused due to inflammations all over the body. Because of this, the arteries may stiffen and thicken. Smokers face the risk of acquiring this condition three times more than non-smokers.
You can quit smoking most effectively by combining behavioural support along with prescribed medication. People using this type of multi-treatment are likely to become successful at quitting smoking. You should consult a specialist who is certified in tobacco treatment, who will provide you with a plan. It will include counselling, medicines and a nicotine replacement therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.