Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. R. Arun MozhiYour feedback matters!
I'm 30 year old. I'm suffering with Thyroid problem. I'm not sure about at what time do I need to go for thyroid profile test? Whether it is daytime or evening? What is the best time to go for thyroid test to determine the exact thyroid values?
Unable to loose weight despite strict diet. Do not have thyroid problems, do not have other problems. Age 26, height 5 feet 10, weight 86.
I have sugar .do any doctor specialist in diabetes reside/have clinic in Greater Noida West or near to it .I checked it on sunday .fasting was 122 and PP 190 please help me sometimes I feel sweating in AC also .do not know what is the reason. Has frequently gastric problem too. heaviness in head sometimes. Regards Anshul.
My father is a severe diabetic patient already taking insulin for last 15 years, last year some ulcers developed on his left foot ankle, and now he has started suffering pain in heels (i. E. Plantar fasciitis). Kindly suggest some treatment as he had already undergone physio without any improvement.
I am 23 year old.in dec 2016 I have test my thyroid profile. In which there is increased level of tsh to 8.2,and then I am taking thyronorm 25 mcg as prescribed any Lybrate doctor. Now my tsh level is normal it is 5.1, I have gained so much weight from 48 to 58 on that period. Now I want to decrease my weight. Please help me regarding this. Tell me whole procedure. What to do and not to eat. I am vegetarian.
My mother is 55 years old and is suffering from loss of breath even after a short work. Got her thyroid tested and it was 11.5. Please advise what kind of medical treatment needs to be provided also, if there is a home remedy.
Exercise has a considerable number of benefits to offer people who have diabetes. As a result of doing exercise on a regular basis, the blood sugar level stays in check. Managing diabetes without indulging in any physical activity is near to no good as exercise is the backbone of diabetes treatment. Here are the ten exercises that prove to be great for people with diabetes.
- Walking: Walking is considered to be one of the best exercises for treating diabetes and the most prescribed physical activity for people with Type 2 diabetes. A daily brisk walking of at least 30 minutes can be the easiest way of increasing one’s physical activity level.
- Running/jogging: By jogging or running daily, people can control their blood pressure and ensure good heart condition. It proves to be extremely beneficial for diabetes people who often develop risks of heart attacks or high blood pressure.
- Weight training: As regular weight training helps in building the muscle mass, opting for this becomes necessary for people with Type 2 diabetes. Because losing muscle mass means difficulty in maintaining the blood sugar levels.
- Tai Chi: Tai Chi helps in relaxing the body and mind as well as ensures trouble-free body movements. Tai Chi plays a crucial role in reducing stress and nerve damage, which is a common complication in diabetes.
- Swimming: Swimming helps in relaxing and stretching the muscles, without exerting any pressure on the joints, which is why it is a great exercise for diabetic people. Often diabetic people lose sensation in their feet, which makes swimming the best option for them.
- Yoga: Helping in lowering the body fat, improving the nerve function, and fighting the insulin resistance, yoga can benefit people suffering from diabetes in a lot of ways. By controlling the stress, it indirectly helps in lowering the blood sugar levels.
- Stationary bicycling: A form of aerobic exercise, stationary bicycling ensures a strong heart and well-functioning lungs. Burning lots of calories, it improves the blood flow to the legs, which is important for diabetic people.
- Water aerobics: Water aerobics, too, has a lot of benefits to offer to the diabetic people in terms of regaining the right body balance and strengthening the muscles.
- Playing: For those who enjoy playing tennis or basketball, treating diabetes with exercise can be an easy job. All one has to do is play rigorously on a daily basis, and the body will stay fit and the blood sugar levels well controlled.
- Dancing: Dancing can be a great way of doing exercise for the diabetic people as it helps in improving the flexibility of the body, reducing stress and lowering the blood sugar levels.
By including exercise as a regular part of their daily life, people with diabetes can not only experience positive effects on their diabetic condition but can also achieve an overall good health with desired fitness. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.