Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Sexologists in India. You will find Sexologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Sexologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R. Arun Mozhi
Submit a review for Dr. R. Arun MozhiYour feedback matters!
I am 59 years old male suffering from diabetes for last 20 years. Now my blood sugar level is 140-175. I am taking medicine 80 mg glizid two tablets in morning and 30 mg pioz in evening after dinner with multivitamin tablet. Some time sugar increased and decreased and taking time to stabilize it. My eye sight is going to be weak regularly. Please advice me what I can do for better control and stabilization of sugar level. Please also let me know the diet to be taken by sugar patient. I shall be very grateful for prompt advice.
I have seen hyperthyroidism symptoms in Internet and I need to decide thyroid test. Thyroid test needs empty stomach.
When the sugar concentration in the blood increases suddenly and unreasonably, the resulting condition is known as diabetes. Sugar or glucose is generally used in order to provide much needed energy to our bodies. But when the pancreas dysfunctions, it leads to a problem in the insulin production. As a result, glucose or sugar gets directly absorbed into the blood, instead of getting absorbed by insulin. And this leads to the condition of diabetes.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produces insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
As an ancient science based on lifestyle related treatment methods that include herbs, massages and life changing tweaks, Ayurveda also provides various methods of managing this ailment. Here's how!
- Bitter Gourd: Known as an ingredient that is rich in antioxidants, this can be consumed to take care of diabetes. You will need to first remove the peel of at least four to five bitter gourds before crushing them to create a paste. This paste has to be put through a sieve so that the juice of the gourds can be extracted. You will then have to drink this juice every morning, on an empty stomach.
- Cinnamon: From treating coughs and colds to diabetes and other serious ailments, this is a wonder spice that can be found in most Indian kitchens. You can start by boiling a litre of water and letting it simmer on the gas for about twenty minutes. Thereafter, you can add three teaspoons of cinnamon powder to this simmering water. Strain this mixture and drink the entire batch every day to clear out the toxins.
- Fenugreek Seeds: For this, you will need to take about four to five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds. These will have to be soaked in a glass of water or about 250ml of water, overnight. In the morning, the softened seeds will need to be crushed before the mixture is strained. The water that escapes should be collected and ingested every day for a period of two months.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a powerful and well-known ingredient that is used for curing and managing many ailments. You will need to mix about half a teaspoon of turmeric powder with one teaspoon of amla powder as well as half a tablespoon of methi seeds or fenugreek seeds powder. This concoction will have to mixed in half a glass of water and taken daily on an empty stomach. This can be used by patients suffering from heart ailments as well.
- Diet: Cereals like ragi, corn, kulit, green millet, and barley are known to beneficial for patients suffering from diabetes. Leafy greens are also a must for such patients along with protein-rich foods like soya beans. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hlo sir My dad is suffering from diabetes. His sugar level is around 150 (fasting) and around 240 (pp). His foot nails are very black and are brittle. Last year he was suffering from ganguering. And sometimes his fingers became unstable (sleepy fingers) Please suggest something.
Respected sir I am sugar patient. My fasting blod sugar is 218. Please mention the treatment on homeopath.
I am 37 year old, my weight is 100 kg. How to lose weight without exercise, what should I do. BP- OK Sugar- OK (Non diabetic)
I am 37 year old male. Having piles problem for last 15 years. Found of rice it is my main meal for dinner. Want to improve HDL. As my HBA1C is 5.7 do not want go to be diabetic range. Madam please suggest diet for me so I can handle all these problems.
My fasting sugar is 98 and after meal is coming around 175. I am checking the sugar level by gloucestershire me shall I start the medicine.
Recently I gone through sugar test it observed fasting 324mg/dl and after meal 438mg/dl. What medicine and diet I have to take?
Knowing thyroid problems
Hello everyone! My name is Dr. Hanish Gupta and I’m here today to discuss with you the important effects of thyroid gland on human body.
We have appropriately titled this video as three minute thyroid consult because I’m going to explain you within three minutes that what is thyroid gland and how it affects the human body.
Thyroid gland is a butterfly shaped gland which is located in front of your windpipe just like this. This is the thyroid gland. Thyroid gland despite its small size is a very very important gland for the human body because it controls the growth and the energy processes of the human body that is why the effect of this hormone has a far reaching effect on the entire functioning of the human body.
Now I will talk about the excess and the deficiency of this hormone in the human body which needs two conditions called hypothyroidism when there is a deficiency of this hormone in the body and hyperthyroidism when there is an excess of this hormone in the human body. The most common condition of hypothyroidism or deficiency of this hormone in the human body is hashimoto thyroiditis in which the thyroid gland looks like this. This is a condition in which all the energy processes of the human body, they become slower. There is weight gain, there is slowness of the heart rate or bradycardia there is swelling of the human body, there is hair fall, there is infertility or menstrual problems in females, there is depression, and most importantly all these things they collect together and become a very big problem for the patient.
However, the help is nearby because this condition can be treated with taking only one pill on daily basis. Similarly, a condition in which there is an excess of this hormone in the human body is known as hyperthyroidism and the most common cause of hyperthyroidism is Grave’s disease in which the thyroid gland looks like this. This is a condition in which all the energy processes of the human body, they become fast, there is faster heart rate, there is tremors or tremulousness, there is irritability of mood, there is weight loss, there is lot of other things that indicate that the patient is having faster energy but of no use because he’s having this condition for a long time and this condition can also be treated by taking only one pill, which can even be stopped later in life.
So, friends I hope that I have been able to dispel your doubts about thyroid hormone and I believe that you would love to come back to me on Lybrate for an online opinion or at my clinic at life aid clinic located in Delhi.
Thanks for watching and keep healthy!