Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. R.Arasappan
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. R.ArasappanYour feedback matters!
I am having wounds in the tip of my tongue. Small red coloured dots appear in my tongue which are painful (not severe). Can you suggest me some suggestions to cure it? I am staying in a hostel.
I feel bleeding from upper right side molar and feeling of pain in lower 2 incisors. Earlier I was bleeding gum and I have visited dentist after scaling most of bleeding gone but I feel above symptoms some time. And my right side tooth ache if I eat cold substance Though currently I am not allowed to eat cold substance due to infection in throat. And for which I am taking medicine and gargles. NowI am brush my teeth two times after bed at morning and before going for bed at night. Despite precaution why my above mentioned symptoms occurs. I am using sensodine. Please suggest better measure so that I can take care of my tooth. Thanks.
My 2 years old baby boy suffering from ulcers in his throat & mouth and he is not able to take food and even water from yesterday. Kindly suggest a good easy giving medicine to get rid off these ulcers. Also want to inform you that from 2 days he is also suffering from viral & sunstroke and his medicines going on. Kindly help.
So dear patients and friends our guidance can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and of course a healthy set of teeth and gums.
Hi can I know the cost for removal of wisdom teeth. And you please recommend a doctor who is expert in removing it without nerves near by it. As I heard wisdom tooth in horizontal position is complicated to remove. please suggest me.
I have the habit of eating tobacco previously due to which there is issue in opening of mouth. I have quitted it but can I know how more I can help me to get it opened normally.
In contrast to traditional braces, which typically involve the use of a network of connected brackets and wires in order to enhance tooth mobility, clear or invisible aligners is a relatively new approach when it comes to aligning teeth and involves the use of a number of custom-made tight-fitting retainers, which can slip over your teeth easily.
Clear orthodontic aligners are generally used for patients who either have minor spacing issues or have mildly crowded teeth. Moreover, since clear aligners are custom made for a tighter fit, they are more suited for adults and late teenagers and not for young children who are still growing and developing their teeth.
Initially, your doctor will try to correct your bite after, which he or she can proceed with fitting you several versions of aligners, which help make slight adjustments to move your teeth during the course of the treatment. Usually made of a clear acrylic or plastic material, clear aligners fit tightly over your teeth, but are removable for eating purposes or for brushing and flossing. Every few weeks, you will probably get a new aligner in order to help move your teeth into the desired location.
Depending upon how much your teeth need to be moved, treatment will generally take around ten to twenty four months to complete. However, if your teeth have but shifted just slightly, then treatment can be completed in just a matter of ten weeks.
Advantages of using clear orthodontic aligners over traditional braces include:
- You won't be having a "metal mouth" as with metal braces
- Can be easily removed before brushing or flossing
- Maintains good long-term oral health
- Helps give a better and brighter smile
Many adults suffer from Periodontal disease, which may result in slight swelling of the gums or something more severe as grave damage to the bone and tissue, which holds on to the teeth. After the onset of Periodontal disease, dental care is essential as it will determine the progress of the condition.
What are some of the causes of Periodontal disease?
- Smoking is one of the main causes of gum diseases. Moreover, it also reduces chances of effective treatment.
- Hormonal changes in women make the gums increasingly sensitive; as a result they become more susceptible to the onset of gingivitis.
- Diabetic patients are more likely to develop infection of the gums.
- The ongoing treatment for serious medical conditions like AIDs and cancer can also cause Periodontal Disease.
- Genetics also plays an essential role in the onset of gums diseases.
What are the symptoms of Periodontal disease?
- Persistent foul breath
- Red inflamed gums
- Tender gums with some amount of bleeding
- A sensation of pain while chewing food
- Loose teeth
- Teeth sensitivity
In case these symptoms are experienced, a dentist should be immediately consulted.
How is Periodontal disease treated?
- The most effective way of treating Periodontal disease, is by controlling the progression of the condition. The type of treatment generally depends on the extent of the disease.
- Generally the doctor begins treatment by cleaning out the plaque, through a process called scaling and root planing. Scaling gets rid of the tartar from the gums and root planing removes rough spots from the root of the tooth, where bacteria generally accumulate and breed. Sometimes, a laser is also used for the same.
- After the cleaning is done, certain medicines are recommended and the doctor recommends strict oral care.
- If the diseases continue to worsen, a surgical treatment may be recommended.
- Some surgical treatments include flap surgery and bone and tissue grafts.
- Scaling should be done every 6months.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!