Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pushpa SudhakarYour feedback matters!
I'm 34 weeks pregnant today everything is fine. Last week I went for an ultrasound & baby is doing fine as the weight is normal, fetal heart is good & the movements are also good. The ratio of umbilical artery should be less than 3 (<3) but its 3.2 Should I worry in this matter? Is this a matter of concern? My doctor ask me not to worry as this is not an important issue just we have to take care about this so to prevent this she increased my Alumin supplements.
Hi I am 30 years and wife also, we have a 15 months daughter. Before delivery our sex life was very good. But from last few months my wife showing very less intrest in sex once in a week or some times once in 15 days. Please sugges if there is any medicine like viagra for instant results.
Hello Madam/Sir, Greetings. My age is 31. I am married since three years and now trying to conceive from the last two months. we have sex during the 13th and 14th day after my periods. But failed to conceive. My periods are regular and my hormone levels are normal. My Gynaec gave me ovulation induction medicines for 3 months. I was unable to go for TVS for the first two months of medication and the third time I went for regular trans vaginal scan. My follicle was ready but she diagnosed polypoid endocervical thickening of 1.0 X 0.4 cm thickness and she stressed to do IUI and told that there is no chance of conceiving until the polyp is removed. Suggest me to get conceive. Thanking You.
I am suffering from ovary size. One of my ovary size is not normal. Its should be a walnut shape but its an oval shape. And m also suffering from missed periods. Is my periods irregular bcoz of that ovary size or something else? If yes. Then what is the treatment to overcome missed periods problem. please suggest me.
Hai sir. For me thyroid is there. Daily I used thyroid tablets. Now it is in normal stage. Can you tell me is there any affect for my pregnancy?
I have 1 son 4 years old. Born by caesarian. Usually my period is for 3 days and stopped and in 8th day there ll b sudden gush of bleeding in 2 sec and stopped wen I wear napkin there ll b no bleeding in tat. My last period date was 23rd December. Today 31st Jan till now no period. I tested in my 38th day and the result was positive the second bar is little dim. Bt din sleep fa 2 days bcas of my son fever. Today morning I woke at 3 and gave give syrup wen I sleep again I felt a little pain in my lower stomach. Immediately I went to bathroom it was bleeding like my 8th day period. I wash and wore a pad bt nothing in pad Oly a a drop of brown colour in pad. After tat no bleeding. Is this my baby abort or wat s dis. If baby present mean any defects for baby growth. Give solutions please doctor. During my son s pregnancy time the same happened bt liquid like blood came in my 3rd month bt after scan nothing happened to baby. And my son born in 2.5 kg weight.
Hi, i' m 24 yrs old, i' m a new mom. Yet i' m a nursing mom to my baby. My periods started after giving birth. It continued for 2 weeks and furtherly stopped. Im giving breastfeeding to my 5 months old baby. But again after 4 months, again my menopause have started. But I can see heavy flow than my older menopause. This is first time, i' m getting heavy menopause, tampering for the very 3 hours. This is my 3rd day. Still having heavy flow. Y it occurs? is there any problem? I afraid of it.
Hello sir 3 months has been passed but my wife haven't periods we had a sex on 13 january and my wife periods date is 26 february. I had also checked 2 times with testing kit the test is always negative. Sir please tell me what should we do my email is: kaushalgautam9878@gmail. Com.
My sister is suffering from breast cancer please guide us now till day she had already 3 chemo therapy completed in a nursing home in kolkata now doctor says operation is required what can I do please give me advice.
I am 31 year old female. I have leukorrhea problem since I was 15. I have taken homeopathic as well as allopathic medicines for this problem which are of no use. What do I do now? How can I get rid of this problem as I feel tired and irritated at times when it aggravates. Please suggest. Thanks.
Hi doctor I missed my period about 2 months. Last period is 24.03.2017. I thought its an irregular period. But now june 9 th I checked with the doctor and I take blood test and my hcg level is 27.75 then doctor ytold me to take another one after two days. Now my hcg level is 141. Is this possible after two months of no periods is possible to get pregnant.
Hi. Doctor meri behen ki daughter 6 mahine ki hai. Aur achanak se uski vagina se thodi bleeding hui aj. Kya usko koi problem ho sakti hai. please help.
My wife is 23 years old, female. Her periods is taking three days only from the last 3 months each. Her vagina discharge has became very thick. Is this any symptom? Will it create any problem in future?
Dear doctor. My wife' s age is 25. Her haemoglobin level is 8%. So whether this level is ok for her or she should raise this level. Even her weight is 45 kg and her height is 5' 4. Please suggest
A cataract is a clouding of the normally clear lens of your eye. For people who have cataract, seeing through cloudy lenses is a bit like looking through a frosty or fogged-up window. Clouded vision caused by cataract can make it more difficult to read, drive a car (especially at night) or see the expression on a friend's face. Cataract often develops slowly and doesn't disturb your eyesight early on. But with time, cataract will eventually interfere with your vision.
At first, stronger lighting and eyeglasses can help you deal with cataracts. But if impaired vision interferes with your usual activities, you might need cataract surgery. Fortunately, cataract surgery is generally a safe, effective procedure.
Causes of Cataracts: Cataracts happens when protein builds up on the lens of your eye, making it cloudy. This prevents light from passing clearly through the lens, causing some loss of vision. New lens cells form on the outside of the lens, and the older cells are compacted into the center of the lens, forming the cataract.
Types of cataract include:
- Age-related cataract: These cataracts form because of of aging.
- Congenital Cataract: Babies are sometimes born with cataracts as a result of an infection, injury, or poor development before they were born, or they may develop during childhood.
- Secondary Cataract: These develop as a result of other medical conditions, like diabetes, or exposure to toxic substances, certain drugs (such as corticosteroids or diuretics), ultraviolet light, or radiation.
- Traumatic cataract: These form after an injury to the eye.
Other thing that can raise your risk of getting cataract includes cigarette smoke, air pollution and heavy drinking.
Symptoms of Cataracts:
- Clouded, blurred or dim vision
- Increasing difficulty with vision at night
- Sensitivity to light and glare
- Seeing 'halos' around lights
- Frequent changes in eyeglass or contact lens prescription
- Fading or yellowing of colors
- Double vision in a single eye
- Surgery: Surgical removal of a cataract is the first and foremost way of dealing with it. The clouded lens is usually removed and is then replaced with a new, artificial lens that will give you improved vision.
- Visual Aids: These aids include lens and eye glasses that will help you see better after the surgery. Cataract glasses usually come in thick and heavy structure. Also, intraocular lens and contact lens can be used by adults who have undergone the surgery. The constant need to remove, clean and re apply makes it inappropriate for young children. Low vision aids can be used before surgery as well, to ensure that best use of the remaining vision is made with the help of video enlargement software and other adaptive means.
- Medication: The use of eye drops and other medication can also help in improving vision without the actual surgery for cataract removal. This is a short term solution that can be prescribed by the ophthalmologist whom you visit. The doctor will usually study the extent of the damage and prescribe this kind of medication for cases that are mild. But finally, surgery will have to be carried out as the progression of the cataract is guaranteed in all cases.
- Soft Lighting: At home and at work, you can make use of soft lighting so that there is less pressure on the eye lens. Also, soft lighting will help you see better without the glare blocking your vision in case of the presence of a cataract.
- Avoiding Intricate Work: One must avoid hobbies and work that require unblinking attention or many hours as this can put a strain on the eyes and even lead to severe headaches. This includes painting, embroidery and carving related activities.
Dealing with a cataract is a matter of going in for surgery and making certain lifestyle changes to avoid injuries due to impaired vision.
Mam! My date was 28th March before 2 days. Now can you tell me which days would be the best for us to plan for our baby? And what other tips can you suggest me for the Best results.
I am 18 years old and from last 15 days my mensuration cycle going on I don't know what to do? please help.
It is no longer possible to tell a person's age by simply looking at the face. With the advances in cosmetic surgery, today it is very easy to effectively hide your age. A facelift or rhytidectomy is a cosmetic surgical procedure to reduce wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your face. A facelift is considered a relatively safe procedure.
However, like any other surgery, it is associated with few risks.
- Pain: While a facelift surgery itself is usually performed under anesthesia, recovering from it might be a little painful. Your skin may also feel numb for a few days. Taking the pain medications prescribed by your doctor can help relieve the pain. However, if the pain is severe or if it suddenly increases, you must consult your doctor immediately.
- Swelling: Don't worry if your face looks swollen after the surgery. This is simply your body's natural reaction to the surgery. You will notice this swelling reduce in a few days. Though most of the swelling will subside in the first few days after the surgery, it can take a few weeks before the swelling completely subsides.
- Bruising: Like swelling, bruising is a natural reaction to surgery. In most cases, people see pronounced bruising especially around the eyes in the first few days after the surgery. Most of this bruising will fade away in a few weeks, but it may be a few months before your skin is clear again.
- Scarring: As your face heals after a facelift surgery, scarring can be seen wherever the incisions were made. Most cosmetic surgeons will make these incisions along the hairline or the natural creases of the face. This ensures that the scars are not prominently visible. In most cases, scarring fades with time till it is barely noticeable.
- Bleeding and hematoma: A certain amount of bleeding is normal after a facelift surgery. However, excessive bleeding or uncontrolled bleeding can lead to the formation of hematomas. A hematoma can be defined as a blood clot that occurs under the skin and outside a blood vessel. This can leave the area swollen and a minor surgery may be required to flush out the clot.
- Loss of sensation: Sometimes, nerve endings may get damaged during a face lift surgery. This can result in temporary loss of sensation in the area and difficulty in controlling the facial muscles. There may also be numbness or a tingling sensation around the incisions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.