Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pushpa Sudhakar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pushpa SudhakarYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, My fallopian tubes are block, then I get the ivf treatment but I have get negative. What can I do. Please advise me.
Drug abuse is characterized by the excessive use of illegal drugs, prescription drugs or even over-the-counter drugs. Drug abuse eventually leads to drug dependency whereby the drug begins to take control over you and affects your daily activities as well as your physical health.
Treatment of drug abuse normally involves a series of steps to be undertaken. These are:
- Group therapy
- Drug addiction
Furthermore, treatment of drug abuse generally follows a 12-step program which continues even after the treatment as a part of the recovery process.
Detoxification, or simply detox, is a procedure involving medical care while attempting to deal with withdrawal symptoms after your initial break from drug use. Since dealing with withdrawal symptoms can be quite problematic, you will certainly have to consult a doctor who will probably prescribe you certain medications.
There are different types of therapy needed to overcome the problem of drug abuse. These include:
- Group therapy, where you can interact your problems with other people who are going through the same ordeal.
- Motivational interviewing (mi), where you can resolve mixed feelings with regard to quitting and treatment.
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), where you can learn to take control over your actions as well as change your thought and behavior pattern in order to adjust to a drug-free life.
- Motivational enhancement therapy (met), where motivational interviewing is used to help give you more motivation with respect to quitting drug consumption.
- Family counseling, or even couples therapy, where you can learn how to stay drug-free as well as improve your relationship with your family members or with your partner.
Treatment programs are often similar to therapies and are classified into three types:
- Inpatient treatment
- Outpatient treatment
- Residential treatment.
Dandruff is a chronic disorder, which significantly affects the scalp region and is characterized by the appearance of minute white flakes on the scalp. Although dandruff does not cause serious problems, recurrent appearances of dandruff can be embarrassing for the concerned person.
If you spot numerous white flakes repeatedly on the shoulders or on the shoulder region of your shirt and experience severe itching around the scalp, particularly during weather changes, it is likely that you are suffering from dandruff.
Dandruff might develop due to a lack of proper hair care, side-effects of certain shampoos or hair care products, seborrheic dermatitis (characterized by scaly red coloured patches on one’s scalp), dry or oily skin, eczema, excessive stress, hormonal changes, side effects of serious diseases such as HIV or Parkinson’s disease (a disease of the nervous system that impairs human body mobility) and also cold weather conditions.
Prevention and treatment
You can control dandruff by applying any of the following treatments:
- Therapy involving peeling and subsequent strengthening of the scalp might help in the complete elimination of dandruff. The therapy is developed with the help of highly operative anti-fungal ingredients which sanitize the scalp and regulate the growth of the fungi ‘Malassezia’ to a normal level. This helps in the elimination of the intense itchy sensations and the minute white flakes around the region of the scalp. The therapy also aims to provide adequate nourishment to the hair. This therapy helps in the flattening of the dandruff affected hair strands along with the subsequent reinforcement and protection of the hair follicles. If the dandruff is caused due to an oily scalp, this therapy might be useful in the regulation of the unnecessary and excess oil level.
- In order to treat dandruff, a therapy aimed at the purification and balancing of the scalp might be helpful. This treatment incorporates a mixture of natural oils which help in the subsequent nourishment of the scalp; the therapy helps your hair to regain its lost vigor.
Along with the aforementioned therapies, you can also use certain products which might help as well:
1. Anti-dandruff lotions contain a healthy amount of effective ingredients which aim at the removal of the itchy sensation on the scalp along with the subsequent elimination of dandruff.
2. You can also use anti-dandruff shampoos on a regular basis which help to remove dandruff and strengthen the scalp. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
If you notice bumps and redness on the skin around your vagina, your first thoughts are most likely going to be about an STD. However, though these signs are very similar to symptoms exhibited by STDs, this can be caused by a triggered by a number of factors. Hence, it is important to consult a gynaecologist to confirm a diagnosis if you notice such abnormalities. Some of the causes for this condition are:
- Vaginal acne: Just like the rest of your body, the skin around your vagina can also be susceptible to pimples and acne. These pimples are very similar to those found in other parts of the body. Vaginal acne usually develops as a natural reaction to the use of harsh soaps and chemicals, shaving, douching or if you do not keep the area clean. Excessive productions of natural oils or sweat can also trigger a vaginal acne flare up. Wearing dry cotton underwear and keeping the area clean should help resolve this condition.
- Ingrown hairs: Sometimes, hair grows sideways or curls up below the skin instead of exiting it. This may be triggered by shaving or other forms of hair removal where due to its short length, the hair gets trapped under the surface of the skin. Dead skin can also clog a hair follicle and cause ingrown hair. This condition usually resolves itself. To lower the chances of ingrowths; try exfoliating your skin gently or switching to another method of hair removal.
- Folliculitis: This condition is caused by the inflammation of hair follicles that leads to a bacterial or fungal infection. It usually starts out as small red bumps which later develop into crusty sores. This inflammation may be the result of excessive sweat production or friction. It usually heals itself in approximately 2 weeks. The healing process can be speeded up by applying a warm compress on the area or by soaking the area in a salt water solution. In some cases, antibiotics or anti-fungal medication may be required.
- Eczema: This may be caused by a combination of genetic and environmental factors. As such, there is no cure for the condition but it may be managed with the use of topical corticosteroids. Aloe vera may also be helpful in reducing the itchiness and inflammation.
- Molluscum contagiosum: This is a viral infection that spreads through skin to skin contact and appears in the form of smooth round bumps that vary in size and are firm to touch. These bumps usually resolve themselves but the process can take a few months. Treatment with dry ice and topical creams can speed up the process. In some cases, laser therapy may also be used.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!