Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Puratchi Rasan N.V.
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Puratchi Rasan N.V.Your feedback matters!
Sir I want to know that can Acl or Meniscus completely tear injury. Is it possible that it can heal through ayurvedic treatment.
I am suffering with severe pain in my butt since may 2015. What can be reason for such kind of pain?
I have back and joint pain. I do Ayurvedic massage but have not got any relief. I am using pain killer also. Can you please help what should I do?
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A physiotherapist is a special health care provider who has specific knowledge of body structures related to spine, i.E. Muscles, ligaments, bony vertebrae, discs, alignment of spine, force distribution etc. Physiotherapist is specially trained to treat disorders of musculoskeletal conditions like back.He uses many modern approach to treat backpain and help you to avoid any future back problems.
What are the reasons causing backpain?
There are many reasons behind an episode of back pain.Sometimes you have an injury or a pull and hurt your back.As time passes by structures will heal by itself and you get relief from pain.
But there are some complicated reasons like poor posture, obese, poor habits in working, faulty bending and of course age is a main cause of back pain in aging discs of our spine.
Some people experience only pain but have sensory problems also, so what does this mean?
In young healthy persons our spine is strong and capable of withstand any disturbing force which causes back, unless person has an injury or a specific cause to it.As the injury heals pain automatically goes down.
But in person with tasks like long sitting, poor postural habits, tearing of disc, spine loses its ability to withstand these forces and so loses its anatomical configuration slightly in the form of body adjustments like bony beaks, which sometimes press passing nerves from spine so we have sensory feelings of pain.
I have backpain, should I go for MRI or CT scan?
MRI or CT scans are special investigation prescribed by healthcare provider to make a strong diagnosis.These are not usually advised in every backpain.
An X ray can be advised to check for bones and disc of spine.
Is Heating pad are enough to cure backpain?
Heating pads are advised to decrease pain and spasm. They are usually advised but for decreasing pain and uncomfortable which is the first reason of visit to a physiotherapist.
Specialized manual therapy and stabilization exercise, kinesthetic awareness etc are important in back rehabilitation program .