Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. PugazhendhiYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, My left hand is getting pain, and when I sit for some time I'm suffering from chest pain and back side. One day I suddenly wake up from sleep due to breath. So I'm practicing breathing (taking breath and releasing after few seconds .) So by practicing this daily I'm not getting hand pain. I want to know the reason. Requesting you Sir please help me.
Since 1-2 months I am feeling inconvenience in my lower back .bt it is not paining. Past 3 months I am lifting some wtr cans it is the reason for it? R any prb with my back bone? N I hav gas prb also. Can I know wht is the reason behind it n suggest some remedies plz.
Help doctors, My sister has got chikungunya before 2 years. She has been diagnosed at that time. But now for the last 2 months, she is suffering from severe pain in hands and legs. She even can't lift weights or vessels in kitchen. Please tell her some medicines or treatment to treat the pain.
Whenever I sit for long like on bike, bus seat, bed or anywhere however cushioned I develop an intense pain at the tail bone end. Even when I sleep and tend to switch sides it pains a lot. I haven't hurt that tail bone vicinity area, that is for sure. But how is this pain? PLEASE ADVISE?
My grandma age is 68 last 10 days. She can't able to stand and walk due to knee pain she is suffering a lot due to this. Pls tell me to solution about the problems.
Recently we were blessed with baby boy on June 8th. it was forceps through delivery happened. But my son back shoulder some shaping not clear so that he is turning head in one direction. Please advise.
I am 63 yrs. Old female having severe knee pain. Except this problem, I do not have any other problems. Could you pl suggest me some remedy for this except knee replacement, as I am too scared for this.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of discs in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like:
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing:
- Herniated disk
- Bone spurs
- Part of a vertebra.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.