Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Oncologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Tumors
Treatment of Testicular Cancer
Treatment of Blood Cancer
Treatment of Brain Tumor
Treatment of Lung Cancer
Treatment of Colon Cancer
Treatment of Cancer Pain
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Treatment of Prostate Cancer
Treatment of Throat Cancer
Treatment of Gastric Cancer
Treatment of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Treatment of Lymphoma
Treatment of Cervical Cancer
Treatment of Bone Tumors
Treatment of Leukemia
Treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma
Treatment of Thyroid Cancer
Submit a review for Dr. Prof. S. SubramanianYour feedback matters!
The big ‘C’ or cancer is the most dreaded disease, but in most types of cancer, an early diagnosis can stop the progression of the disease and cure it. Mouth cancer or oral cancer is one such type of cancer that can be treated and cured is diagnosed in its early stage.
This type of cancer can affect any part of the mouth including the lips, tongue, throat, salivary glands, sinuses, larynx and pharynx. Some of the symptoms to look out for are:
- Velvety red, white or speckled lesions on any part of the mouth
- Lumps or patches in and around the mouth and throat
- Sores that do not heal within 2 weeks and bleed easily
- Swelling of the lips or gums
- Pain and tenderness in the mouth
- Numbness in any part of the mouth, face or neck
- Difficulty moving the tongue or jaw that affects chewing, swallowing or speaking
- Loose teeth
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- Prolonged soreness or hoarseness of the throat
- The feeling of something being stuck in your throat
- Pain in one ear without any loss of hearing
- Drastic weight loss
Some people have a higher risk of suffering from mouth cancer than others. Some of these risk factors are:
- Men have twice the risk of developing oral cancer as compared to women.
- Men above the age of 50 are at the highest risk
- Cigarette, cigar or pipe smokers have a higher risk of developing oral cancer than nonsmokers
- Chewing tobacco products and other such smokeless tobacco can also increase the risk of oral cancer
- Excessive alcohol consumption makes a person more vulnerable to this disease
- Family history of cancer
- Excessive exposure to UV radiation from the sun at an early age
- Certain strains of Human papillomavirus (HPV).
Visiting a dentist regularly can dramatically reduce your chances of suffering from mouth cancer. Ideally, an oral cancer screening should be performed once every 3 years up to the age of 40 and annually from there on. This is because a dentist will be able to examine your mouth and see parts that you cannot see easily. In case he suspects oral cancer, a biopsy may be needed to further confirm the diagnosis.
Further tests such as blood tests, X-ray and scans may also be needed. The smaller the ulcer, the easier it is to cure. Oral cancer can be treated with surgery to remove the tumor or through radiation and chemotherapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.
Meri wife ke left side Breast me ek chhoti si gaanth hai, kya wo bina operation ke thik ho sakta hai?
She had biopsy and fnac the report provide doubt to the presence of malignant cells what fruits should she eat to reduce malignant cell and cow milk should she drink or not.
Due to BPH and acute urinary retention, I have bladder stones. Been checking into having PAE done to reduce the size of my prostate, but the radiologist says that I must have the stones removed before the PAE. My new urologist told me that because my prostate is so large (no urologist has told me.
I am 51 years old I have the small changes or inlargement in prostate gland and urin frequeny is 3 times in night withbeen 10; 30 pm -500AM.
What is the symptoms of breast cancer and how can it be treated easily other than chemotherapy which causes psoriasis?
Hey respected doctors Mujhe left breast me cyst hai. Usme kabhi pain hota hai pls mujhe koi medi btaye taki koi surgry na kranin pade apne aap thik ho jaye. Filhal me silicia 1m le rahi hu. Kya ye sahi medi hai?
Eating processed meat including hot dogs sausages and ham can cause Colorectal Cancer
Each 50 gm of processed meats eaten daily increases the risk of Colorectal Cancer by 18 percent.Consumption of red meat was also found to cause Colorectal Cancer, associations were also seen for Pancreatic cancer and prostate cancer according to World Health Organization WHO