Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Prof. Ravi RamalingamYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old, have been suffering from sinusitis since last 3 years or more I had taken consult to many doctor but my disease is not cured. I feel facial pressure and congestion in brain and pain at nose what should I do.
I have an allergy from dust, excess sunlight, warm weather etc when I come in contact of these I suffer from sneeching and cold. My nose start blowing. What will I do to stop this.
I am 22 year old. I have a polyp problem. I cant breath properly, can' t smell properly. I have done operation for 2 times but still its not cured. So what should I do? please tell me.
He is suffering from cough and tonsils infection, he also sneezes when he comes in contact with dust or cold things. He is taking medicines like sneeze and azithromycin 250.
Dr. Recently I get my self diagnosed by an ENT specialist in Apollo hospital, Visakhapatnam since I am suffering from soar throat from last 3 years, he told that this is due to reflux of acid and prescribed an antacid, gastric table and an allergy tablet, after taking these medicines the redness inside my throat has become lighter then earlier but still there is redness. Sometime itching filling occurs but never suffer from fever. There is nasal congestion and post nasal drip and some time water comes out from my nose when I get exposed to cold. Dr. Please suggest something better for the cure of this sore throat, I shall be very much thankful to you.
Hi, I am 24 years old I having throat right side pain, feel some discomfort while eating vomiting feeling while taking food throwing up, taking small amount of food also stomach fullness and daily feeling body heat and stomach burn various places after eat, feeling fever regular can you please suggest me the medicines.
She was suffering with cold and sinus and also have the cough can you suggest her what she have to do.
I am suffering from sinus problem. When I sleep in night then I feel pain in head nd nose. What should I do for this problem.
I am 22 years old girl, I have problem in my throat. When I talk, my voice gets scattered and very few people can hear me. In crowd not even the person just next to me can hear me, I can't shout also, due to these I m feeling much trouble. What could be the remedy for this?
Ear aches are a very painful condition, which tends to affect mostly children. However, adults can be affected by ear aches as well, which can disrupt their routines and be quite painful. Let's have a look at some of the aspects of ear aches in adults.
Causes of ear aches in adults
There are many causes for ear aches in adults and it may vary from one person to another. However some general causes of ear aches in adults are listed below:
- Infections within the body: If you have a throat infection or cold, it could trigger an ear ache as a side effect. Treating the underlying problems will, thus reduce the ear ache or it will go on its own when the symptoms of the cold subside.
- Ear canal injury: Adults are most often guilty of putting in sharp objects to clean their ear canal, which may result in an injury and also lead to infections. These injuries can also be infected and cause fluid discharge and ear aches.
- Blockages caused by the regular use of ear buds: Using ear buds or other sharp objects to clean the ear will only result in pushing the ear wax further into the ear. This will result in blockages of the ear canal and cause ear aches.
- Dental problems: Certain dental problems, such as wisdom tooth growth can result in problems. Even gum disorders have been known to create ear aches in adults.
- Jaw pain and facial pain: Jaw pain and even facial nerve pain has been known to affect ears and cause aches as well.
Symptoms that may accompany ear aches
Depending on what the causes of the ear aches are, the symptoms may vary. Still, let's have a look at some of the known common symptoms of ear aches in adults:
- Irritability and lack of focus: Ear aches may initially manifest as a headache and make the person irritable.
- Poor sleep: Fluids may build up within the body and thus cause issues while sleeping as the fluids may shift from one area to another.
- Ear drainage: If in case fluids build up, they may drain from your ear, which could vary anywhere within yellow to dark brown colour. This may even indicate that your eardrum is ruptured.
- Hearing problems: Fluid buildup or other underlying causes may also cause hearing difficulties.
- Fever: Sometimes, fever may run as high as 104 degree C due the very infections, which may be causing the ear ache.
Whatever may be the cause, if you have ear aches for sustained periods without underlying reasons, you should consult a doctor immediately to get it checked out, so that appropriate treatment can start quickly.