Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prof. Ravi Ramalingam
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Prof. Ravi RamalingamYour feedback matters!
My hemoglobin reduced automatically in 15-15 days and I suffering from throat problem like something stuck in my throat it is sign of blood cancer?
There is a pain in my neck and I am not feeling sensation on my right side neck behind ear what is the cause and how to cure it.
My grandson 2.5 years old is getting blood from his nose when he wakes up in the morning since last days. We are keeping wet towel on his head or put his head below running water. Any long term remedy please ?
Jolivel 50 contain opipramol 50. I take by neurologist. My symptom is confusion. Dizziness. Stomach upset. Constipation. Fear. Fast heart rate. Doctor give me jolivel 50 .he said that I am suffering with anxiety. He told me that this antidepressant medicine start working in 6 to 8 weeks of treatment. Ibs is also related to anxiety. So please tell me that I'm on 3 weeks of medicine. What is the dite for this. I drink tea that cause acidity. Fried chicken also cause acidity. What food I take and how much time taken to recover fully with anxiety disorder. PLEASE TELL ME.
Dizziness or vertigo is a feeling of being off centre, which makes a patient feel like there is lack of balance. This is especially apparent when one is at a height or while wearing footwear with high heels. It may be caused due to a variety of causes, and ear problems are one of the primary causes of this kind of dizziness.
Let us take a look at the various ear problems and how they can cause dizziness or vertigo:
- Infection: The bacteria or virus that causes cold and loose motions can also cause an ear infection. This can give rise to temporary vertigo which may last up to six weeks or more. Dizziness or vertigo happens in such cases because the viral effect spreads to the inner ear which causes a ringing and off balance sensation. The general physician or ENT specialist will usually prescribe a round of medicines only if the condition becomes too severe to handle.
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo: This kind of dizziness is also known as BPPV and may be caused due to the motion of a calcium particle known as otolith, in the ear. This can cause a fluttering movement that gives the sensation of falling down or losing balance. This usually takes place in the part of the ear that catches the sensation of gravity. The movement of the otolith can make the patient feel as if his or her head is turning or swaying, while in reality the patient may be stationery. This problem can be fixed with the help of a two minute therapy known as Epley Manoeuvre, which can be conducted easily in the ENT specialist's clinic.
- Meniere's Disease: There is actually a specific condition that is characterised primarily by dizzy spells and vertigo. The other symptoms of this ear bone condition include ringing of the ears, loss of hearing, and the feeling of fullness or pressure build up in the ears. This can be fixed with therapy and drugs as well as hearing loss aids.
- Dandy's Syndrome: This is an ear condition where the patient constantly feels like he or she is bouncing up and down. This condition hits patients who are on antibiotic medication for any kind of infection, and it subsides once the medication is done with. It occurs in such cases because certain kinds of antibiotics may be toxic for the ear. One may also see natural improvement in the condition over the passage of time.
- Tumours: Other reasons like tumours and strokes can also cause vertigo on a temporary or permanent basis.
Dizziness due to ear problems can be due to a number of mild to severe reasons. It is best to get these causes checked.