Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. PriyadarshiniYour feedback matters!
Everyday I am waking up (at 5. am) due to severe lower abdominal pain. (in the centre) its more unbearable than the perriods pain. Ps: my periods are regular, I was detected pcod (left overy) in month of july 2014. Which was cured by medical treatment & reports came normal (dec2014) please help
I am 38 year old. I have been suffering from to heavy and very painful mestrual problem from the beginning. Want to get rid of this problem. Please suggest a solution.
I am 45 year old woman having pain on my left breast .shown to doctor also. They said no need to worry as I am going through monopous period.
Dear Sir/Mam, My wife is pregnant and running 9 months from last 5 days though doctor advise to take some more time for delivery because of weight issue of baby but now baby's weight is 2.5 kg, Kindly advise.
I am 22 year old female. I am suffering from vaginal discharge and itching from last 2 months. What could be the reason behind this. before 1 years I had taken control pills for 5 months for treatment of cyst.
Hi I am 25 years old and now in my 28th week of my pregnancy. About 15 days ago I noticed sweeping on areola on my left breast first its not painful after 1 weeks sweeping doesn't reduced so I went to my GYN she told me nothing to worry its just Montgomery tuberculosis. After some days my breast becomes swollen nd become tender nd my breast tissue also thickened. So I went second opinion she prescribed me lanolin gel. But now my breast become tender to touch nd my breast become harder than other. Its all in only in one breast where as other seems normal. I searched on Google about it. It shows that its symptoms of breast cancer. I am freaking out is it normal in pregnancy or is it symptoms of cancer pls tell me.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex after the 10 days of her periods but immediately an hour after she took emergency contraceptive pill. Can she get pregnant?
Sir/Madam I am so weak and thin. I have so much pain in my stomach during the period time. Last year I operate a tumor in my right breast now when period tm near two breast are pain. Then period going on breast are normal. Please give me a solution for my pain and tell me how I can get good health. I am in 26 years old.
I had a ceasarean delivery in 2013 jan, after which my stomach is very big. How to reduce my tummy? I am a working professional.
N K CAP are ayuvedic propritory medicine each capsules contains S.Radis 50mg S carrots 400gm Aloe 50mg
For optimum health it is vital to eat a well balanced diet that is high in fibre and includes all the major food groups.
1. For optimum health it is vital to include both soluble and insoluble fibre daily. Soluble fibre is found in foods such as psyllium husk, apples, oat bran and legumes (chickpeas, lentils). Sources of insoluble fibre include whole grains, broccoli, nuts, seeds and vegetable skins.
2. Including fibre in your diet will offer benefits beyond your bowel. Fibre plays an important role in helping to prevent serious health conditions. Fibre can also help manage the digestive complaints associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
3.The easiest way to boost your fibre intake is to eat foods in their most natural state i.e. fresh fruit and vegetables, whole grains (steel cut oats, rolled rye, brown rice, whole-wheat), legumes, nuts and seeds. If you are struggling to reach the recommended 25-30g of fibre per day, you may wish to boost your intake with a fibre supplement made from psyllium husk.
4. Make it a priority to drink 500ml of water before breakfast. Staying well hydrated will give you more energy, mental clarity and enhanced digestive function.
5. The first step to good nutrition is to remove all highly processed foods from your kitchen. This will allow room for nutrient dense, fresh foods.
6. Preparation is key, plan your meals at the start of the week, pre cook and freeze meals ahead of busy days and always carry healthy snacks in your bag for when you are on the run.
7. Make an effort to include raw foods such as fruits, vegetables, sprouts, nuts, seeds and fresh herbs. Raw foods provide enzymes, vitamins and disease protective antioxidants.
8. When it comes to fruits and vegetables variety is a must. Take the time to learn what is in season and try something new. Selecting seasonal produce ensures variety, optimal taste and quality.
9. When preparing meals you should simply think rainbow. If your plate is full of brightly coloured fresh produce you know you are on the right track.
10.Drinking herbal tea is a tasty way to improve hydration. Herbal teas include ginger, mint, jasmine, lemon grass, and chamomile.
11.A healthy diet is a balanced diet complete with all major food groups. Meals should contain a mixture of fibre rich carbohydrates, good quality protein and essential fatty acids.
12.It is estimated between 30- 50% of Australia adults are deficient in vitamin D. The easiest way to increase vitamin D levels is by going for a walk outdoors and enjoying sensible sun exposure.
13.Serving sizes have doubled over the years making it easy to overeat. Limit your portion size by eating from a smaller plate or bowl.
14.Limit added sugars to no more than 10% of your daily calorie intake or 6- 10 teaspoons per day. To calculate how many teaspoons of sugar is in a food product divide the grams of sugar by 4. For example 16 grams of sugar is equivalent to 4 teaspoons of sugar.
15. Probiotics are the beneficial ‘good’ bacteria essential for health and digestive function. Aim to consume probiotic rich foods like natural yogurt, fermented vegetables and fermented milk drinks on a regular basis.
16.Health is a state of complete physical and mental well-being. Do not neglect your emotional health, take time out to stop, relax and breathe.
17.Spice things up at meal times by using a variety of herbs and spices. Including fresh herbs will enhance flavour, texture and boost the nutrient value of any meal.
18.Good quality sleep is vital for good health. Poor sleep can impact on everyday life affecting concentration, mood, stress levels and weight gain. Aim to get into bed early and enjoy around 8 hours of deep sleep.
19.Fibre can benefit energy levels. Soluble fibre slows the rate of carbohydrate digestion and absorption therefore preventing blood sugar surges and crashes. Foods that are high in fibre are ideal choices for sustained, balanced energy throughout the day.
20.Studies have indicated that consuming around 7g of soluble fibre per day can help lower blood cholesterol levels. Once consumed soluble fibre binds to cholesterol aiding its passage through the body and eventual elimination. Don’t forget to drink plenty of water, soluble fibre works best when partnered with water.
I did sex on 17 July nd my period date was 26 July I did pregnancy test twice nd it was negative nd after this I had period on 12 aug means 15 days late so I am worry about pregnancy pls help.
I am 23 years old and suffering from PCOD. Underwent treatment fr 6, months but it's of no use. AM nt getting periods from last three months.
I have irregular periods, sometimes periods come after 4 to 5 months. If my period is late I take medicines for intestinal worm then after few days period starts. But now in these month I didn't have my periods as I didn't take my medicine for intestinal worm and I have done sonography but nothing has been found and I have done hormone test I have diagnosed with prolactin problem. What should I do? I need natural remedy and I don't want to take medicine.
Infertility is a condition where a couple, trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly. So here are the causes, risks and treatment for this condition.
There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. As per a medical study, 20% of the cases of infertility are due to males, while 40% to 50% cases are due to problems in the female partner. 30% of the cases suffer from infertility due to problems in both males and females.
Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process and any condition in the female or male can upset either function, which can make it difficult to conceive. While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard.
For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions. Also, factors like thyroid, cancer and medication leading to temporary infertility may be at play.
There are a number of factors that put a male or a female at risk of infertility. Being in your mid 30s usually has an adverse effect on the ovulation and production of well functioning sperm. Further, smoking and tobacco are among the main causes of infertility in either partner. Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to this problem. Being overweight or underweight can also make a person infertile. Further, not getting enough exercise and routine activities out of your day, can lead to this condition as well.
Male patients can go through a treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal and ART or assistive reproductive technology. Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, Intrauterine Insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like In Vitro Fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception.
I am 27 year old I have problem of pcod and taking med krimson 35 from last one year and my periods are regular but whenever I tried to left the med my periods comes twice a months. What should I do? should I continue this med. Is any side effect of this medicine.?
My perod date was jan28 untill now I have got my periods. I have checked sugar nest its normal ann my hemoglobin is less and my age is 20. How to get regula periods what measures I have to take.
I'm feeling strong itching in my vagina and vagina lining there is lil bit redness as well I used itch guard but it did not worked at all So please suggest me something.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.