Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Senthil Kumar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya Senthil KumarYour feedback matters!
Am got married 6 months before But Not yet conceived. My age s 25. My partner s of 33. Wat can I do to get conceive naturally. Regular periodic cycle 28 days.
Ladies, it is important that we must take good care of our body, but most of all we must pay specific attention to the health of our vagina. The vagina is a tube-like muscular structure of the female genital tract that extends from the cervix to the vulva. It is a delicate organ which is prone to injuries and infections. Complications related to urination, menstruation and sexual intercourse, all affect the vaginal health.
Here are five questions associated with vaginal problems that are commonly experienced, but rarely discussed:
- Why does it feel itchy before menstruation?: The hormonal cycle reduces the amount of estrogen secreted right before the period starts. This reduces the moisture content of the inner membranes of the vagina; the skin becomes thinner and slightly dry, which can cause itching. However, if the itching and burning sensation is too severe, it could be an infection and should be checked out.
- What is the white discharge?: The greasy white discharge is due to the ovulation cycle. It usually occurs once a month because the amount of secretion increases right before ovulation. Some women may experience this discharge more frequently, but it is nothing to worry about unless there is an unpleasant odor. Odorous discharge could be a sign of bacterial infection.
- How often should you have a vaginal examination?: You should get a vaginal examination at least once a year. This is important for a general health assessment and the prevention of sexually transmitted diseases. If you are using birth control medication, there might be irregularity in the hormonal cycles and this can lead to a number of conditions, another reason to get an annual vaginal examination.
- Does it smell differently at different times?: It usually smells differently for every woman and even that unique smell changes with the cycles of ovulation and menstruation due to changes in the pH level of the vagina. The normal vaginal pH value is between 3.8 and 4.6. Before menstruation, it may smell acidic followed by a bitter smell for a few days after menstruation. It may also smell differently after a workout (due to sweat) or after sex (due to lubrication). However, a foul smell accompanied by discharge, might be a cause for concern.
- Why does it feel dry sometimes?: Vaginal dryness is normally experienced by women after the age of 45 or after pregnancy. However, dryness is also common just before menstruation. It also happens in women who use anti-allergy medications or birth control pills because they cause dryness in all the mucous membranes of the body.
When it comes to the health of women, there is never too much one can do. The condition of amenorrhea, for instance, refers to the situation in which menstruation does not take place.
There are two kinds of amenorrhea, which are the primary form and the secondary. The primary refers to when menstruation has not begun in a girl who has reached 16 years of age. On the other hand, when a woman has secondary amenorrhea, what this means is that for over six months, menstruation has not occurred.
The reasons why primary amenorrhea may take place are quite varied. Tumours which affect the pituitary gland can cause it, as can an abnormality in the vagina or the uterus of a woman. Diseases such as polycystic ovary also have the potential to lead to amenorrhea. For secondary amenorrhea, a bad diet, stress and pregnancy can lead to it. But what can be done about it?
Treating Amenorrhea with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a truly amazing field of medicine and it is so great that it can treat amenorrhea, as well. One of the many good things about making the right choice of a homeopathic treatment plan is that it is highly customizable, according to the case at hand.
There is no one medicine which is prescribed by homeopathy for amenorrhea, which correspond to the various causes of the condition. So, it can be understood why homeopathic medicine is customizable as it proves to be in the case of treating amenorrhea, as well.
There are a variety of homeopathic medicines which can be taken for amenorrhea. That being said, it is important to keep in mind the fact that these medicines should only be made use of after a qualified homeopathic doctor has checked the patient and approved of the medicine. For mothers who have not experienced menses after they started Breastfeeding their babies, Sepia is the medicine which is usually recommended. In a similar way, Pinus lamb is recommended for women whose menses are delayed. While these happen to be a couple of very specific or niche medicines, a general medicine for amenorrhea is Pulsatilla. In fact, it is widely considered by doctors to be very effective.
When amenorrhea is caused on account of the suppression of menses due to a tumour which is present in the ovaries, most allopathic doctors would be very worried. However, homeopathic doctors would know that there is a solution designed for this very situation, which is known as Apis Mel.
Now that it is known that amenorrhea has not only a cure, but rather, multiple cures; the cause for worry is not really warranted! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathic.
I am a 19 years old girl. I am having a lot of pimples these days from the last 1 and half months. I also have some facial hair. Is this a symptom of PCOS?
Are you gaining excessive amount of weight during your pregnancy, well you are not alone. Most of the pregnant women tend to be overweight or obese. You are viewed as overweight, if your pre-pregnancy body mass index (BMI) is approximately between twenty-five and twenty-nine. Your BMI is the relationship between your height and weight. You are considered obese, if your BMI is thirty or more.
However, here are some ways with which you can control the weight gain during pregnancy:
- Eat a solid, yet less-calorie diet: Utilize a convenient pregnancy food journal to ensure you are getting enough supplements and drinking a lot of water every day. The journal is additionally helpful for keeping track of your mood swings and appetite levels, so you can spot patterns you may need to change. Since you realize that you have to take after a particular eating regimen, the following are very solid for you:
- Regular exercise: In case you are a relative newcomer to work out, you can start with pregnancy exercise for beginners. You can practice low-impact exercises; for example, walking, swimming and light heart stimulating exercises. Never begin an exercise without first talking with your medicinal services supplier or doctor. Furthermore, make sure to you adhere to the thirteen principles of safe pregnancy work out. A few women do get in shape during pregnancy in case that they roll out solid eating regimen and make way for life improvements, so make sure to check in with your specialist if this happens.
- Comprehend your calorie needs: As specified before, not all pregnant women have to put on equivalent measures of weight. Thus, you have to know precisely what number of calories you require. Talk with your specialist to get the correct number.
- Eat frequent, small meals: This is true when you need to deal with your weight, pregnant or not. Eating successive little dinners is particularly helpful when you are pregnant. Eating a full feast makes you wiped out.
- Taking prenatal pre-natal vitamins: This is something your specialist will recommend in any case. Yet, in case that you require an extra motivation to take your pre-birth vitamins consistent, then this is it. As you most likely are aware, your body needs additional food and nutrients during pregnancy. In case that you need to deal with your weight and take in the supplements without stacking yourself with calories, take your vitamins.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
One of the human body’s primary defense mechanism can be depression when it correlates with personal loss, life struggle or an injury. It is normal to be depressed on occasions, and our body has been blessed with a system that can help cope with it and come out of it. However, when the depression turns intense and becomes a part of our life, then it could be a cause for serious concern.
The food we eat plays a significant role in having mood swings. A proper diet can be extremely helpful in reducing depression tendencies and in keeping us happy. Let us have a look at few food products that fight depression.
Green tea: It is loaded with amino acids and antioxidants and is extremely useful in overcoming depression. It also acts as a detoxing agent and cleanses your body. Thus your body feels supple and gets loaded with natural energy. The amino acids present in them are known to reduce stress and are highly recommended for neurodegenerative disorders. Green tea can be had even for 3 to 4 times per day without any side effects.
Almonds: Almonds are rich in magnesium that influences the production of serotonin, a chemical that is good for the brain. They are also known to release ample amounts of energy to the brain circuits. Researchers have established that magnesium deficiency is one of the fundamental causes of depression and mood disorders. Moreover, almonds are enriched with zinc that promotes neurotransmitter production.
Salmon: Inflammation of the brain is also one of the reasons why many people undergo mood swings and depression. They occur due to the lack of omega-3 fatty acids in the diet. One of best sources of omega-3 fatty acids would be salmon, and they are very helpful in reducing inflammation of the brain. Further, they are categorized as one of the happy foods that keep the mind active and supple and play a significant role in mood regulation. Salmon is also good for your health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Tuna and sardines are other fish varieties that are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
Dark chocolate: Did you know that eating chocolates can not only help in your mood swings, but it also keeps your mind happy? Dark chocolates are known to increase serotonin levels in the body that work as natural anti-depressants. They reduce stress and anxiety and play a significant role in increasing the emotional happiness of a person. They are also rich sources of sugar and promote carbohydrate build up in the body.
Eggs: The very reason why many people suggest taking eggs as a part of a breakfast diet is that they are loaded with nutrients and proteins that give you complete energy to make it through the day. They also have good sources of zinc and contain enormous quantities of vitamin D that can act as a barrier to mood swings and depression. They are beneficial in promoting neurotransmitter production which is vital for keeping the brain active. They also aid in the manufacture of red blood cells that are good for the nervous system.
Hello sir ,My wife is about 28 years old, she is having a problem of vaginal discharge since from 4 to 5 years after delivering her first child. Since from then she has a problem of this . I consult the doctor also and took many different types of medicines also but could not help. So now the case is serious she is going down and down. Sir please help her to regain in good health. Please help.
My friend didn't get her periods from 2 months she checked pregnancy test with the help of prega news then we got to know that she is not pregnant she has problem of irregular periods please help please we are very tensioned about that she has this problem from many years.
गठिया, एक या अधिक जोड़ों की सूजन है। हालांकि, "गठिया" शब्द का अर्थ जोड़ों की सूजन है, परंतु इस शब्द का उपयोग लगभग 200 आमवाती रोगों और शर्तों का वर्णन करने के लिए किया जाता है, जो जोड़ों, जोड़ों के आसपास के ऊतकों और अन्य संयोजी ऊतक को प्रभावित करते हैं । सामान्य गठिया के लक्षणों में सूजन, दर्द, कड़ापन और गति की सीमा में कमी शामिल है। गठिया के कुछ प्रकार, जैसे संधिशोथ गठिया और ल्यूपस (एसएलई), कई अंगों को प्रभावित कर सकते हैं और व्यापक लक्षण पैदा कर सकते हैं। गठिया 65 वर्ष या उससे अधिक आयु के लोगों में बहुत आम है, लेकिन सभी उम्र के लोग (बच्चों सहित) प्रभावित हो सकते हैं।
लगभग 200 प्रकार की गठिया स्थितियां होती हैं, जो सात मुख्य समूहों में विभाजित हैं:
1. सूजन संबंधी गठिया
2. अपक्षयी गठिया
3. मुलायम ऊतक पेशाब का दर्द
4. पीठ दर्द
5. संयोजी ऊतक रोग
6. संक्रामक गठिया
7. मेटाबोलिक गठिया
जब आपके गठिया होते हैं, तो आपका शरीर सूजन की स्थिति में होता है। आप जो खाते हैं वह न केवल सूजन को बढ़ा सकता है, बल्कि मोटापा, हृदय रोग और मधुमेह जैसी अन्य चिरकाली स्थितियों का खतरा भी बढ़ा सकता है। इसके अलावा, कुछ खाद्य पदार्थ सूजन से लड़ने, हड्डियों को मजबूत करने और प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को बढ़ावा देने के लिए जाने जाते हैं।
गठिया रोग मे परहेज
निम्नलिखित खाद्य पदार्थों का परहेज़ करें:
1. तला और प्रसंस्कृत खाद्य पदार्थ: शोधकर्ताओं ने पाया है कि तला हुआ और संसाधित खाद्य पदार्थों की खपत को कम करने से सूजन कम हो सकती है और वास्तव में शरीर की प्राकृतिक सुरक्षा को बहाल करने में मदद मिलती है। वनस्पति तेलों में तला हुआ भोजन से बचें, जो ओमेगा -6 फैटी एसिड में अधिक है।
2. मीठा: डेसर्ट, पेस्ट्री, चॉकलेट बार, सोडा, यहां तक कि फलों के रस का विरोध करना मुश्किल हो सकता है। वे रक्त की अम्लता बढ़ा सकते हैं और सूजन को बढ़ा सकते हैं। चीनी कई नामों से जाना जाता है, इसलिए संघटक लेबल पर "ओज़" में समाप्त होने वाले शब्दों का ध्यान दें, जैसे कि फ्रुक्टोज या सुक्रोज़।
3. लाल मांस: इसमें एरेक्इडोनिक एसिड नामक एक ओमेगा -6 फैटी एसिड का उच्च स्तर होता है, जो दर्द और सूजन को बढ़ा सकता है। अच्छी गुणवत्ता वाले लाल मांस का एक छोटा टुकड़ा फायदेमंद हो सकता है, लोहा जैसे अच्छे स्तरों की आपूर्ति कर सकता है; हालांकि, गठिया वाले लोगों को प्रति सप्ताह एक या दो बार से ज्यादा नहीं खाना चाहिए।
4. कॉफ़ी: कॉफी भी रक्त की बढ़ती अम्लता का कारण बन सकती है, जिससे सूजन बढ़ जाती है। हरी चाय और हर्बल चाय बेहतर विकल्प हैं।
5. नैटशाइड परिवार की सब्जियां: टमाटर, सफ़ेद आलू, बैंगन और काली मिर्च गठिया वाले कुछ लोगों में दर्द और सूजन को बढ़ा सकते हैं।
6. मोनो-सोडियम ग्लूटामेट (एम.एस.जी): मोनो-सोडियम ग्लूटामेट (एम.एस.जी) एक स्वाद बढ़ाने वाला खाद्य योजक है जो सबसे अधिक तैयार एशियाई भोजन और सोया सॉस में पाया जाता है। यह फास्ट फूड, तैयार सूप्स, सलाद ड्रेसिंग और डेली मांस में भी जोड़ा जाता है। यह क्रोनिक सूजन को ट्रिगर कर सकता है और यकृत के स्वास्थ्य को प्रभावित कर सकता है।
7. नमक और परिरक्षक: लंबे समय तक शेल्फ जीवन को बढ़ावा देने के लिए कई खाद्य पदार्थों में अत्यधिक नमक और अन्य संरक्षक शामिल होते हैं। कुछ लोगों के लिए, नमक की अतिरिक्त खपत के कारण जोड़ों की सूजन हो सकती है।
8. शराब और तंबाकू: तंबाकू और शराब का इस्तेमाल कई तरह की स्वास्थ्य समस्याएं पैदा कर सकता है, जिनमें कुछ आपके जोड़ों को प्रभावित कर सकती हैं। धूम्रपान करने वालों को संधिशोथ के विकास के लिए अधिक खतरा होता है, जबकि जो लोग शराब का सेवन करते हैं वे गाउट के विकास के लिए अधिक जोखिम रखते हैं। इसके अतिरिक्त, शराब यकृत के लिए एक बोझ है। अत्यधिक उपयोग यकृत फ़ंक्शन को कमजोर कर देता है, अन्य बहु-अंग परस्पर क्रियाओं को बाधित कर सकता है और सूजन पैदा कर सकता है।
अपने आहार में फल और सब्जियों के अनुपात में वृद्धि, सूजन को बढ़ावा देने वाले खाद्य पदार्थों पर की कटाई, मछली को अपना मुख्य प्रोटीन बनाने और अधिक ओमेगा -3 प्राप्त करने से आपके गठिया के लक्षणों में बड़ा अंतर हो सकता है।
For those who get up at night from sleep to urinate or early morning: each individual must take note of the 3 x 1/2 minutes. Why is it important? 3 x 1/2 minutes will greatly reduce the number of sudden deaths. Often this occurs, a person who still look healthy, has died in the night. Often we hear stories of people, yesterday I was chatting with him, why did he suddenly die? the reason is that when you wake up at night to go to the bathroom is often done in a rush. Immediately we stand, the brain lacks blood flow. Why '3 x 1/2 minute' very important? in the middle of the night when you are awakened by the urge to urinate, for example, an ecg pattern can change. Because getting up suddenly, the brain will be anaemic and causes heart failure due to lack of blood. Advised to practice '3 1/2 minutes' which are:
2. Sit in bed for the next 1/2 minute;
3. Lower your legs, sitting on the edge of the bed for the last half-minute. After 3 x 1/2 minutes, you will not have anaemic brain and heart will not fail, reducing the possibility of a fall and sudden death.
Share with family, friends and loved ones. It can occur regardless of age; young or old.
Sharing is caring. If you already know, regard this as refresher.