Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. PriyaYour feedback matters!
I am in deeply depression since 8 months. I am staying single & unmarried. My family is depending on me only. My earnings are not much saving but I can handle any kind criticalities. I am the decision maker in my family. Now I am afraid to make decisions & take action on which happenings on my family. Present situation is that I am not able to concentrate to my personality development. I don't trust people much & I don't like to dependent on anyone. If I trust, I always try to be with them only and I can do anything for them (if not possible by me also). But they feel like bored & casually. I tried to avoid loneliness. I used to play chess most with online users. So that I get some relax for while but how can I play whole day? I also did whole day for some days. I did reading stories now I feel like these all stories I read already. I used to listening songs with high volumes but it seems like ear can damage. Now a days I am getting angry on everyone with small reasons. I feel that I wanna cry loudly, I wanna laugh bigger, I wanna shout very loud voice, I wanna fight. But I can not do these all things. I have respect in society & my office. I did not used at least rubbish language & I did not rude also. If I share my problems with anyone, they says me like its time to start drink, get married, get dating kind of, go for outings, and so many. I don't tried to make nonsense of myself because if anything goes wrong with me, the effect will be on my entire family. That's why I am so careful myself.
I am a teacher ,in night l muttering as I am teAching. I dream about it. There was I noise in my mind, am I psycho.
I am shuhab I have been smoking since last 2 years and now I am facing serious problems in breathing, lack of stamina and dark circles..
I always feel anxiety for the past 4 yrs. Loss of memory, stomach anxiety, feeling breathlessness always, fear of death. Sometimes it happened at night and become worse. I feel like heart attack or choking. Whatever happens I losing breathe first followed by a rapid heart beat. Also my nose is always sticked. May be there will be different diseases. Also my veins shivered anytime. Losing breathe in stairsteps. Also problem is related piles where spots are developed. Gap in vertebrae also. Is these problem interrelated or different. Kindly give effective medications to get rid of this ASAP.
I faced some days the problem of night fall. I am very depressed about that. So please help me .i want to know to stop night falls.
I have problem of lack confidence and low memory easy to forget things eyes week hair are losing can't work more than 4 hour's sir please help me I am also want to become like others intelligent and active. please suggest m good diet some more.
I am suffering from stress. please tell me solution this disease. please tell me treatment this disease.
Hello there, I am 20 years male from Mumbai I sleep a lot. Is there any medicine which can help me to sleep very less. As I want to study for my exams.
I m 21 year old boy. Actually I do not sleep in the night, become of my thoughts. When I lay on the bed my mind begin to think about the poorness and orphan childrens. And those people who do not think others problems. And my soul say to me I should do anything for those people, but my parents thoughts does not match with my thoughts. And I do not say my parents about my thoughts because they think negatively. Mostly I'm affected with my parents thoughts. Because they understand, they knows everything and they do not want any advice with any older person. And I m doing engineering. And I want to do something very different for the poor people. Sir please help me I'm not sleeping for last 5 days. Please sir.
I have memory loss upon studies ,during any course Daily study may be there for that duration after that I can't remember it again for any Leisure periods. Wat can I do for that.
I am 34 years man, my problem is that I am working in private firm from initial period but whenever my job left I went in deep depression and I tried to commit suicide pls suggest.
I am a 21 years old male. I am having lucid dreams. It started 4 years back. But recently got more intense. I sometimes find it difficult to differentiate between dreams nd reality. I am doing reality checks more often these days. What shld I do? I do not knw any doctors specialized in dreams particularly lucid dreaming. Pls help me.
Hi, I am 39 years old and I keep going through depression emotions from time to time. I feel this because of financial situation and inability of staying at one job for than a year. Currently I am self employed property broker/ consultancy. But still not satisfied. I feel I have seen the world. Please advise what to do or I can meet in person anywhere in adhere west. Besides I have a skin problem, I have got kind of scratch and my foreskin does not move back from last month. Please advise what should I do?
Are you suffering from depression? Is it hampering your daily life and activities? Depression is a mental health condition, which is very common in people of all ages around the world. It is a serious medical condition which may occur for several reasons, depending from person to person. Depression should be treated effectively for restoring a healthy state of mind. Among the various modes of depression management, homeopathy is considered to be an effective remedy.
Here is a list of the top homeopathic medicines which are used for tackling depression, along with the symptoms when they are applied:
- Arsenicum album: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for people who worry excessively. It is used in people who are extremely health obsessed. Such people get depressed about failing to reach personal goals in life. The symptoms of such a patient suffering from depression tend to worsen in cold weather, as pain sensitivity increases.
- Aurum metallicum: This medicine is effective for workaholic people who have a tendency to feel worthless, despaired and experience suicidal thoughts after failing to achieve personal and professional goals. The symptoms worsen during the night time and during cold seasons. Calming music is beneficial for easing these patients.
- Calcarea carbonica: This homeopathic remedy is commonly used in the case of people who become overwhelmed due to work, worry and physical illness of any kind. The development of fatigue, discouragement, confusion, anxiety and self pity are also indicated in such patients. This medicine is also good for depression patients who suffer from sleep disorders, or sweat profusely.
- Causticum: This homeopathic medicine is important for curing depression in people who due intense grief resulting from some kind of major loss. The patient may experience forgetfulness and mental dullness. The patient may tend to cry a lot and becomes extra sympathetic towards others.
- Cimicifuga: This effective homeopathic remedy is used for people who suffer from bipolarity. They may be quite energetic and talkative during good times, but during periods of depression, they become gloomy and dull. Neck aches, headaches and painful menstrual periods in women are also likely.
- Ignatia amara: This homeopathic medicine is used in the case of people who are very sensitive and tend to suppress their feelings of grief and disappointment. They do not want to seem too much defensive, moody, or vulnerable in the eyes of other people. They may burst into laughter and tears all of a sudden without a proper reason. Abdominal cramps, insomnia, and headaches are other symptoms.
- Kali phosphoricum: Another effective homeopathic medicine used in the management of depression is Kali phosphoricum. People who need these medicines feel depression after long periods of emotional stress. Nervousness, exhaustion, insomnia, anemia, increased cold sensitivity, and reduced concentration are experienced. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Iam not concentrated on studies for long time. I don't have patience to study continuously 4 to 5 hours daily. Please give me solution.
I am 21 year old male. Sir I can't speak sometimes. Sometimes some words not comes from my mouth. Sometimes I can't even tell my name also. But I can speak very well when I am alone. I have anxiety about speaking in front of peoples. So what should I do?
Depression is a psychological condition, which can develop in men and women of any age. No one can identify the cause of depression. It can be excessive stress, failure in relationships, academic pressure and various other issues of these sorts. But depression in itself is a serious condition and needs to be treated as soon as possible, lest it aggravates.
Before trying to deal with depression through medicines and counselling, it is important to recognise the signs and symptoms of this condition and try as much as possible to come out of it on your own. There are certain natural remedies, which work during the initial stages of depression. It is only when these fail or it aggravates that the patient must be rushed for immediate counselling. Here are certain natural ways of treating depression.
- Sleep well: A sign that you are suffering from depression is lack of sleep. One does not get sleep no matter how hard he/she tries. Even after having sleeping pills, one does not get the correct amount of sleep that he/she requires. This triggers insomnia, thereby causing other health problems to develop. Thus, sleeping is mandatory. If needed, you must force yourself to sleep.
- Eat well: It is often said and seen that depression leads you to binge eat or over eat. Overeating would include indulging yourself to too much chips, chocolates, junk food and the like. This would unnecessarily make you gain extra pounds and can trigger obesity. Alternately, it has been seen that the patient lacks the desire to eat anything. This too can lead to adverse effects as the body balance gets disturbed.
- Exercise: Regular exercise helps in diverting your mind to something else for a little while. It also helps in keeping you fit and healthy. In case you do not like to exercise, you can opt for jogging or running or even simply taking a walk out in the open. Going out and inhaling fresh air, makes you focus on positive thoughts for a while. A daily dose of positive thoughts can do wonders for you.
- Experiment with yourself: Try something new each day that you have not tried ever before. This might include cooking, knitting, riding a bike and the likes. This keeps you busy and keeps your mind off the negative thoughts. What’s more, you might discover some of your hidden talents.
These are some of the natural remedies that you can opt for to fight depression before consulting a psychologist for the same.