Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. PriyaYour feedback matters!
I don't feel like eating and can't sleep whole night. My mood swings. I always get angry and can't concentrate in anything. Always tired and weak feeling.
I am 27 year old female. I have just become mother of baby boy. I am suffering with some psychological problems after my cesarean delivery just 5 months before. 1.All time I think negative about my baby, family and friends. 2.If there is some conversation happened it seems that it is already happened with me. I am so tensed because of this please suggest me what should I do. Thanks.
I am 25 years old. I am always involved fear. I consulted a psychiatrist he told me that I have a disease multiple somatic symptom. DOCTOR told me to keep self confidence. I have lack of self confidence. What should I do.
I am 18 Yrs of age. I am unable to get up early in the morning and feel lazy through out. Icant study well now a days.
Relationships are either delicate or strong, depending upon the bonding with your partner. The bonding depends on various factors. Some of the most essential ones being emotional attachment, friendliness, sense of ease, mental compatibility and a feeling of sustained emotional support from the relationship. This is applicable to all relationships; be it a relationship with your spouse, a parental relation with your children, a relationship with your friends, relatives, etc.
Whenever we talk about abusive relationships, we picture black eyes and bruised cheeks. However, violence in a relationship usually doesn’t start with physical harm right away. It begins with subtlety and slowly builds up to mental and sometimes physical abuse. Here are some of the warning signs which should immediately raise red flags that a relationship is abusive or violent.
- Hurting Purposely: If your partner has ever teased you in a hurtful way and said something to hurt you only to put the blame on you for being “too sensitive”, this is a definite sign of emotional abuse that you are going through. Trust your instincts if you feel you should get out of it. Especially, if it is starting to become routine.
- Scaring You: Has it ever happened that your partner has hit a wall or driven at dangerously high speed to scare you? If the answer is yes, you’re in for trouble. This kind of behaviour gets worse! Take the warning and leave!
- Finding Faults: Many a time, it happens that your partner may start finding fault in the way you dress, do your hair, wear make up etc. He might get angry or force you to change your style to suit his way, beware! This will multiply in due course and turn into a dangerous form of domination.
- Spying: Have you ever found out that your partner has checked your personal email, your web usage, computer history or even gone through your bag and personal papers? Take a hint; this is an impending sign that your partner is trying to establish control over your life.
- Lost connection with friends and family: An important warning sign that your relationship is getting abusive is when you have lost connect with friends and family because of your partner!
- "Playful" use of force in sex: Have you been forced to have sex by your partner? Or have you been threatened with violence if you don’t comply with your partner’s wishes? These are all tell-tale signs of an abusive relationship.
There are no certain ways to tell that particular instances are warning signs of an abusive or violent relationship; the victim might not even realize, but friends and well-wishers must take notice and come forward to help.
I am 30 years male (unmarried) and I feel depressed each and every moment and always think negatively and feel something wrong going to be happen and I will be held up in a huge problem. How to make my life beautiful and peaceful?
Hi, I am very depressed act the problem is I am married since last 3 months. But I have a relationship with another boy since last 5 years my husband is very nice person he don't know about my relationship, and I really want to stop my affair but I love my boyfriend, my boyfriend is not caring and loving his a flirty nature with every girl and that I do not like I want to come out from this and I want to enjoy my married life I had tried so many times that not to contact with my boyfriend but I failed I am very much depressed please help me in this situation.
Hello Doctor, I am 32 years old male and from past one and half month I quit my smoking habit, but now a days I found that I am not focusing on task , I feel lazy in my office . When I take cigarette my mind gives my better output . Please help me out from this problem as I do not want to be smoker once again . Thanks.
Hi, out of anxiety I wank and this practice is going on for eon and now I am finding that I am not getting strong erection, kindly suggest me what should I do. Off late I have started PC exercise and I am doing it as and when I get time.
Stress affects every aspect of our lives. It does not allow you to think or focus on anything else, tempts you to binge eat and takes control of your lifestyle. Stress can also cause severe health problems that can result in heart disease. Thus it is very necessary to learn how to control and manage stress. Managing your stress effectively can help you cope with it better and let your remain in control of your life.
Homeopathy is based on the belief that the mind and body are connected. Thus by treating one, the other can benefit as well. Thus when prescribing a form of treatment for any health condition, attention is always paid to the mental state of the patient. Homeopathy can be very effective in treating and controlling stress and stress related problems. When treating stress with homeopathy, it is essential to first understand the cause of stress.
Some common homeopathic remedies for stress are:
- Arsenic Album: This is usually prescribed to people who are generally anxious and nervous. People affected by the stress of being late for an event or meeting can also be given this remedy to ease the stress. Patients who benefit from this form of treatment are also often hypochondriacs who constantly feel that every minor symptom is a sign of a major illness.
- Bryonia: This is very effective remedy for all kinds of stress. It can also be used to treat stress triggered by uncertainty at the workplace and insecurity about not having enough money even though they work very hard.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This is also a common homeopathic remedy for work place related stress. People who are concerned about being observed or stressed by an upcoming deadline can be benefited by this medication. This type of stress can commonly be seen at the time of appraisals.
- Staphysagria: People who are extremely sensitive and feel that the world is unjust and unfair to them cab be benefited by Staphysagria. This is often faced by children bullied in school and people in corporate work environments. Staphysagria boosts confidence levels and thus makes the person feel less vulnerable.
- Ignatia: Emotional stress is very well treated by Ignatia. This homeopathic remedy addresses feelings of disappointment and guilt and stress that follows an emotional loss such as the loss of a loved one or breaking up for a relationship. It also fights the desire to withdraw from family and friends and moodiness.