Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. PriyaYour feedback matters!
I most of think more and more and take too much tension. Even now everything is ok. I am always think about that bad time and always scared. Because of which my body starts shiver. I feel like vomiting and loose motion and can't take food. Even now everything is ok. But still I feel weak. Cant take food and always feel sad. I always used to think if this will happen. That will happen. How would I bear. All this making me sad and weaker unable to do anything. What would I do. Please suggest.
My mind do not remain constant anytime. Talk and thinking does not tally. At the time of talk saying something and mind thinking another thing. When I chanting hanuman chalisa mind also thinking another thing during. 6 months ago I have a bad habit of see breast of women at first look before eye to eye contact after a second realized that doing something wrong and getting sy. After chanting hanuman chalisa it in control up to some extent. I can not remember numbers and amounts. My memory looses day today. I am totally confused and missing confidences. Please advice.
I have a problem of Stammering. I not completely Stammering but in starting only, when I start conversation. I also feel problem when someone is telling something and I have to cut that topic.
I am 19-year-old do Masturbation regularly due to these suffering low Testosterone and also from some memory problem please suggest me some quick natural remedy.
I am 16 year old teen and want to more and more Concentrate on study. Sometime I lost my focus from my coaching class time So to concentrate more and increase my iq, I research about ginkgo biloba and omega 3 fatty acid and see many tremendous result about omega 3. So my question is that, I can take those supplements or they have bad side effects on development of brain If they had so suggest me any other supplement or herb?
I have terrible anxiety problem like social anxiety .sometime I feel panik in crowd situations. I have consulted a psychiatrist. He prescribed some medicines _Panazep 12.5 ,Nexito forte, Etirest 0.5 .I feel much better than before. But I am worried whether this problem will return again or not.In addition what type of medicine is most beneficial for panic and anxiety problem.
I drunk alcohol few days before from that day my chest and lungs is not having problem (jalan ) when ever I eat any thing weather It is hot or cold. What should I do?
The first question when you greet somebody is 'how are you' and this often refers to our state of well-being. While most answers would be great, awesome or good, we usually think of how we are doing physically. While some of us may talk about physical conditions (say things like feverish, have a cold, etc.), not many would think of talking about mental health conditions. However, mental health is very important for overall well-being.
Can you think of someone who is severely depressed or anxious all the time and have a good physical health? Chances are very bleak, and if you consider the overall health as a mix of mental and physical balance, this is not possible. Read on to understand how important mental health is and why you should start paying more attention to it.
- Improved physical health: If someone is in a stressed state, it is obvious that they would not be able to do the activities they enjoy. Being affected mentally also leads to reduced immunity and sleep disturbances, making the person prone to infections and other disorders. Stress is one of the main risk factors for chronic medical conditions like heart disease and diabetes.
- Improved prognosis: Most often, doctors focus on treating the physical aspects of a person’s health. However, with recent emphasis on mental health, more and more doctors are looking at wholesome measures to improve a person’s health. Results show that when a person’s mental health is also addressed, the physical ailments respond very well.
- Improved productivity: People with unattended mental health disorders often resort to absence from work and/or school, can have financial instability, be homeless and can fall repeatedly. Being mentally healthy provides overall changed perspective of life and therefore improves productivity.
- Improved personal relationships: Children of people affected with mental illness are prone to neglect, abuse, rejection, and behavioural issues. There is also social isolation, which may lead into adulthood, and these children may also have emotional health problems. Others in the close circle including spouses, siblings, parents, close friends and colleagues would be clearly affected by a person who is mentally unhealthy.
- Social effects: These people are highly prone to social crimes like rape, murder, theft, violence, etc. They may not be able to afford their treatment and/or resort to these crimes to assert themselves.
- Improved quality of life: Life expectancy is higher in people who are mentally healthy. Even with mild symptoms of anxiety and depression, this is reduced, and the chances of a happier, healthier life are reduced.
Whatever the effect, mental health needs to be addressed as equally as we do physical problems, using medications, counselling, or lifestyle changes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.