Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Priya KannanYour feedback matters!
I got married in June 2014. Due to some family problem and my site work we unable to do intercourse continuously. From last two to three month we are doing intercourse properly my semen report is normal and wife's mc also regular from 6 month. From last two month my all sperms going to vagina this had never happen in past. But still from two to three month we did not get news of pregnancy. What is reason behind that we require any treatment.
Last month my wife had menses only for one and a half day. This month she didn't had menses. We did urine pregnancy test and the result was negative. But still menses didn't come. After one week we again did the test and the result was null. The next day we again did a urine test and it also resulted in null. Although evrytime we took a new device for test. She doesn't want to get pregnant. What should we do to avoid pregnancy. Please help. Menses time is between 10 -15th of the month. Should we wait for next month.
Hi I am 33 years old, 6 months before I got married still my wife is not pregnant, I have to confirm, whether is any problem from my end, how to find in home itself, is any home remedies. Please advise.
Hii Dr. please suggest what to do for release pain after press boobs hardly first time? A day before yesterday I press boob of my wife first time during foreplay. But after that she have pain there from last two days. Can I have suggestions for release that pain?
There can be a number of reasons that lead to infertility in women. Endometriosis is one of them. It is a benign condition where the endometrium, which includes the tissues that form the lining inside the uterus, grows outside the uterus. Apart from infertility, it may also cause pelvic pain in women.
There are no such symptoms of endometriosis apart from pelvic pain and it cannot be detected without surgery. Thus, it is very difficult to diagnose this disease and state how common it is. However, research says that the prevalence of this disease in women in their reproductive age is between 3 to 10 per cent.
It is found that endometriosis sometimes leads to infertility. Here is how:
Abdominal Adhesions and Infertility
Normally, the endometriosis implants develop in the abdomen. Then the body surrounds them with connective tissues. The reason for doing so is isolating the implants, so that they cannot harm your body.
Now, sometimes these adhesions can create a blockage in the opening of the fallopian tube or may also pinch off the fallopian tube. This will result in obstruction in the fertilisation of egg and the sperm and thus fertilization will not take place; so there are no chances of conceiving. These obstructions when diagnosed can be treated with surgery.
Secretions from implants
Endometrium plays a vital role in conception where the tissues secrete a wide variety of hormones and nutrients. Now, the endometrial implant also functions in the same way and secretes those hormones. The difference is that it does not deposit them in the lumen of the womb, and it is released in the abdominal cavity. In these substances, there may be some hormones that are responsible for infertility.
Prostaglandins are other hormones that are secreted by the endometrium normally. It helps in a lot of body processes that include various stages of menstrual cycle and pregnancy.
This hormone is required for a lot of functions such as ovulation, sperm mobility, and regression of corpus luteum, immune interaction, menstrual cramps and contraction of the uterus at birth.
Just like the endometrium, the implants also secrete these hormones. And the problem that is caused by the implant secreted prostaglandin hormone is that they are released in the abdomen and not in the womb. Moreover, they are not secreted at the right time, thus sending a wrong message to the brain.
A woman with a few days of pregnancy may face a miscarriage because the ovary will get a signal to start the menstrual cycle, and the womb lining where the egg is implanted will be expelled.
If you too are fearing of getting this disease, it's better to visit your Gynecologist soon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My regular menstrual period was 5th January. But during this period for the first time no blood flow is there only the white liquid is coming. Kindly give me proper suggestions what's the problem & what I have to do.
I am 23yrs old female, and I am suffering from irregular period's problem from 1 -2 yrs, whenever I miss my periods I consult to doctor, doctor take ultrasound, and other blood tests all my reports shows normal and tell me that it is due to hormonal imbalances and give medicine (registered) after taking this medicine I put on lots of my weight, so now I'm started taking ayurvedic medicine. So, I am little bit afraid of it because doctor also told me that I can have a problem of conceiving baby after marriage. So please help me know why I am suffering from this problem again and again what can be the reason in your point of view, and also suggest me while taking ayurvedic medicine is good for such problems or not.
Please stop if you are doing this as a fashion because you may lead to heart problems, diabetes and many more in long term.
Honey should never be consumed with anything which is even lukewarm.
Starting a family and being people who you can completely rely on is something that may be a dream that most people nurture and work towards. While most couples are blessed with happy families, there are a lot of those couples who may have to rely on medicines and treatments to be able to conceive a child.
With the changing lifestyle and the increasing amount of stress, a lot of couples are not able to conceive naturally. This is when they turn to medical help from professionals who may be able to suggest treatments and counselling. Even though the medications and treatments are sought very popularly, it is also a fact that couples have to go through painful procedures and unfruitful trials before they are able to get positive results, if at all that is possible. Not to mention the expensive treatment costs and the costly medicines that they have to invest in, apart from the mental and emotional trauma that is accompanied with it.
Causes of Infertility:
- Infertility in Males: Small/undescended testes, Testicular injury, Abnormal/Low sperm count, Erectile dysfunction, Premature ejaculation, Prostatitis, Orchitis, Varicocele, Infections(STD’S including Chlamydia, gonorrhoea), Vas deferns/Ejaculatory duct obstruction.
- Infertility in Females: Structural abnormality in uterus/cervix, Endometriosis, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome(PCOS), Irregular periods, Hormonal imbalance, Pelvic Inflammatory disease(Chlamydia, gonorrhoea), Uterine fibroid, Pelvic T.B., Pelvic adhesions due to infection or following surgery, Blocked fallopian tubes due to salpingitis, or Thyroid disorders.
- Combined causes or risk factors in male/female that increase the risk of infertility: Advancing age, obesity, alcohol intake, smoking, diabetes mellitus, emotional stress, exposure to radiation, and intake of certain drugs are the primary causes for this condition.
A safer alternative:
One of the safest alternatives to conventional medicine and treatments is to opt for homeopathy. This is a style of treatment that works on the body using natural means such as plants extracts and other natural derivatives, in combination with medicinal properties in healthy portions. With the use of such treatments and medicines, it may be possible for aspirant couples to be able to work on their body systems to make them healthier and more responsive to conceiving a child.
Homeopathic treatment of infertility is mainly achieved through the administration of constitutional homeopathic medicines found most suitable after a detailed case analysis. A detailed case analysis includes the general physical and mental constitutional make-up of the patient plus the symptoms in the sexual sphere and the underlying cause that is hindering the fertility process and needs to be corrected. Homeopathic medicines for infertility are natural medicines that help by raising the patient’s immunity to remove the obstruction that is hindering the process of fertility in a couple. Homeopathic medicines for infertility are non-toxic and carry no risk of side-effects.
Some of the most important advantages of homeopathic treatment for infertility:
- The medicines make sure that they do not put the others aspects of health at jeopardy for the users of homeopathic medicines which means that the medicines do not have highly destructive side effects.
- The lack of side effects in the homeopathic medicines for infertility ensure that the couples remain mentally and emotionally strong enough to stick to the resolve of getting treated and that is something that may be helpful in the success of the treatment.
- Since the medicines are all organic, most of them are not as expensive as the conventional medicines.
- Choosing a safe stream of medication such as homeopathy may also help in ensuring that when the child is conceived, it does not get affected by the harmful medicines that may be administered to the couple.
When the future of your family and health is at stake, it is important that you take well thought out and wise decisions about what kind of treatments you should undergo.
Here is a very short list of commonly used remedies:
- Sepia: This type of homeopathy remedy is used to treat irregular or absent ovulation
- Sabina: Recommended for women who have experienced recurrent miscarriage
- Aurum: Used in cases when low sex drive and depression are the cause of infertility
- Phosphorus: Used when anxiety and stress are contributing to female infertility
- Silica: A type of homeopathy remedy used to boost the immune system in order to improve a woman’s chances of getting pregnant
- Pulsatilla and Sepia: Pulsatilla and Sepia are suitable homeopathic medicines for infertility in females due to irregular or scanty periods.
- Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farinosa: Calcarea Carb and Aletris Farinosa used for infertility in females due to profuse menses.
There needs also a discussion regarding potencies, repetition of dose, timing, and other supportive information like lifestyle nutrition, supplements like folic acid, exercise like yoga, etc. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
How to stop pregnancy? which pill or medicine give to my partner if we have a sex without protection. Also tell the procedure and time period between which pill/medicine have to take and also tell the side effects. Please sort out my problem. I always denied the wish of sex with my partner.
Hi, susheel I am 32 year I am planning for kids since 1 year my wife is 23 years she as regular periods. So pls suggest me.
Hi, My name is Priyanka, I am 26 years old, I had my last periods on 2/5/2016. I usually have 25 days cycle, but still did not got my periods. I feel like bloated, mild cramps, legs cramps, and low energetic all day. It feels like at any moment the periods will start but nothing down there, not even any discharge. So, should I take pregnancy test or wait for few more days?
Pregnancy is a joyful time in a woman’s life. Yet, this is also a challenging time for the pregnant lady as it brings a lot aches and pains as well as swelling in various parts of the body. Back pain and foot pain are common occurrences during pregnancy. Leg cramps and pain in the feet are often experienced at night. This may be caused primarily due to lack of proper blood circulation in the feet and also due to the swelling that one experiences in this region.
Also, not getting enough rest is one of the main culprits of this condition. Let us find out how to deal with the same.
- Nutrition: This is one of the biggest factors that can go a long way in ensuring that you have a healthy pregnancy in general. But nutrition is also a major factor when it comes to preventing foot pain during pregnancy. When you indulge in proper nutrition with healthy ingredients, the various vitamins and minerals get absorbed in a proper manner within the body. Not only does this help in reducing the swelling and keeping it at bay, but it also helps in alleviating various aches and pains felt in various parts of the body, especially the feet. Magnesium supplements can also be prescribed in order to reduce the leg and foot pain during this time. You can also have magnesium-rich food like nuts, dry fruits, and seeds so that you get plenty of magnesium during your pregnancy.
- Rest: It is important to put your feet up, literally, more often that you would when you are not pregnant. Pregnancy can be an exhausting time, and it is important to give your body ample rest so that you do not suffer from stress responses that can give rise to spasms in various parts of the body – most notably, the feet and legs.
- Exercise: You must also exercise a little during this time, especially in the last trimester when foot pain becomes quite severe. This will help in reducing the cramping in the muscles, which can arise due to too much of inactivity. One of the best exercises involves pushing against the wall with one leg, and maintaining the position for about five seconds. While you are doing this, you will also need to lean forward and place your hands on the walls. You can try this a few times for each leg before taking a break.
- Weight: Your average pregnancy weight gain should not be more than 15 to 20 kilograms. Anything more than this will lead to severe pain in the back and legs. So monitor your weight to reduce foot pain significantly.
Doctor, I just want to know whether cystoscopy is painful process? Second. How much time does a doctor need to complete this test?
I missed my period for 13 days with negative home preg test. I am trying to conceive. Could I be pregnant or not.
Any alcoholic beverage (generally brandy, wine, beer, bourbon etc) consumed before bedtime is known as a nightcap. You may have a nightcap thinking you’ll get better sleep, but did you know that it’s actually responsible for giving you a disrupted sleep pattern? Nightcaps may gradually start interfering with your sleeping quality, causing you to wake up sooner than you want.
How do nightcaps adversely affect your sleeping pattern?
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Melbourne revealed the fact that alcohol before bedtime can give you the worst sleep ever. In this study, several volunteering adults were neurologically monitored in a lab for a few days. Half of them were asked to have nightcaps, while the other half was instructed to drink non-alcoholic beverages. After completing their observation, the researchers reached the conclusion that though alcohol resulted in greater number of sleeping hours, it left the participants feeling dehydrated and less refreshed in the morning due to fragmented sleep. This is because the sleep induced by nightcaps is very shallow, and having nightcaps regularly can result in less restorative sleep.
The side-effects of nightcaps
Ruining your sleep is not the only ill effect nightcaps have on your health. Nightcaps give rise to other issues too, like snoring and night sweats. Moreover, consuming alcohol before falling asleep also weakens your immune system, damages your memory, speeds up the ageing process, results in nightmares, and causes headaches and insomnia. In fact, regular nightcaps are bad for your heart too.
4 ways how you can prevent alcohol from affecting your sleep pattern
Nonetheless, if you want to include a bit of alcohol to your dinner, it can be done in the correct way to ensure that it doesn’t affect the quality of your sleep. You can follow these simple rules to minimise the ill effects of nightcaps:
1. Stick to the three hour rule: Ensure that you drink alcohol at least 3 hours prior to sleeping.
2. Limit yourself to a fixed amount: Always consume alcoholic beverages in moderation and try to limit yourself to only one or two drinks every day.
3. Sleep early: Try to avoid staying awake longer than you usually do as this adds up to alcohol’s abilities of disturbing your sleep.
4. Increase your water intake: Prevent your body from getting dehydrated by the effect of alcohol by consuming at least one glass of water for each glass of alcohol. Additionally, don’t forget to sip a few glasses of water after waking up in the morning.
Sleep is important for your overall well being, so try not to compromise with it by consuming nightcaps regularly, especially after knowing about its devastating effects.