Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Chennai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Priya KannanYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am 24 years old. I have pcod since 9 years. I used medicines for getting periods alternate years from the age of 18. I also used homeopathy medicine for one year. While using medicines I lost around 5 kgs weight and got regular periods for 6 months and again my periods became irregular and also I gained weight. I got married 6 months ago and trying for baby. Can you please suggest diet and exercises for getting periods regular naturally and conceive early without any complications. My prolactin and thyroid levels are normal in range and haemoglobin 11.5.
I am 43 yrs woman not married, I am planning to get marry now is it possible to conceive in this age.
Hi I am 19 years old. I have a lump in my breast which is 5 cm large and was diagnosed as a fibroadenoma by at least 6 doctors including a breast specialist on examination. The doctor doing an ultrasound says it also looks like a fibroadenoma. Recently there has been a slight swelling by my supraclavicular node area. And I have a sore throat. My shoulder gets painful at night and I have a runny nose. I'm afraid I might have cancer. Is it possible ?
Hello Doctor, My name is Aditi and I have diabetes since 2 years and m taking medicines (Glyciphage SR 500mg) after breakfast -1 and after dinner -1 with folvite 5 mg. So, I want to ask that since m planning for pregnancy, if I get pregnant. Will these medicines have any side effect on my baby?
Hi doc my gf got mc on 4 DEC to 9 DEC it all be fine but now a day she got pain in stomach and vagina she got pain into internal part and get sujan in her vagina.
Most breast lumps are not cancerous
True or False
Don’t panic if you find a lump. Most aren’t cancer. Many women have lumps caused by fluid-filled sacs called cysts or a buildup of scar-like tissue. But a new lump or mass that is hard, painless, and has rough edges may be more likely to be cancer. Breast cancers also can be tender, soft, or round.
Watch for breast pain, swelling, dimpling, nipples that hurt or leak liquid, or any redness or thickening of the skin. Always see your doctor if you notice anything different.
I am one month pregnant and would like to ask question, should I walk in a hilly area? please kindly suggest me. Thanks.
Dr. Sharmila majumdar, sexologist
* hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).
Hi, I am 31 year old man. We are trying for a baby and need to know who we can improve chances of getting pregnant. I and my wife are overweight, weighing 115 and 77 kgs. We have been trying for last 3 months and we are married for 4 years and 8 months now. Last year my wife had a miscarriage, though it was not a planned pregnancy. We have started taking medical assistance to conceive from last week. One problem I am facing is bout sustaining erection during intercourse. From last few months I am facing this issue and my erection lasts only for couple of minutes. Kindly suggest a solution for getting prolonged erection and getting pregnant.
I am married for last 2.5 years. L have PCOS (irregular period) problems. Now I want to conceive. please help me.
I am 12 week pregnant and during my 2 month I have little spotting for 2-3 days, So doctor prescribed me 4 HCG injections that last in 10 weeks. And again doctor prescribed 2 more HCG injections after 10 week. Is it right to take HCG injections after 10 week as corpus luteum is going to degrade after 10 week.
Meri shadi hai kuch hi mahino me, or main abhi wife ko pregnant karna nahi chahta us k liye kya karu Ipill ya unwanted 72 du usko first night ya condom ka istamaal karu Unwanted 72 ke side effect to nahi hai mahine me 1 baar use karne pe Please reply in hindi.
I am 7 month pregnant and mostly feel that I am too sad and not happy. I have anxiety also. I want to deliver my baby healthy and happy. please suggest what to do.
My wife is suffering with gas problem. In her last sonogram fibroid found in uterus. Doctor asking it's nothing to worry. She was on medication, but problem starts again, when she completed. Sometimes before, someone (who was performing reiki) told that it's intestine problem. My wife has abnormal period & heavy bleeding history, before marriage. She is overweight & under treatment at anjali mukerjee weight loss programmer.. Please guide.
I had sex with my husband today he got discharged inside me, as he took his penis out he saw blood getting discharge. It seems I had started my period today itself while having sex.
Hi my wife is blessed by a beautiful daughter last month and yesterday we had sex so I wanna to know that there is need for IPill because she asked our family doctor about it he replied no need for IPill because after pregnancy delivered at least 2 months no chances for pregnancy .plz suggest me right path what we will do.
I hav light periods in wich only 1st 2 days little bleeding n then 3 -4 days just spotting. Wat to do? Also I can not use any sort of sanitary napkin as it causes severe rashes. I can use only soft cotton cloth Pls help.
Drink more fluids
- Drink more fluids, regardless of your activity level. Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. Bring a reusable water bottle with you to maintain hydration. If you're at work, you could also bring a pitcher and glass and fill it every morning.
- If you're older, be especially careful to drink fluids because the amount of water retained by the body decreases with age.
- Avoid salt tablets if possible. If your doctor has you on water pills, ask him or her how much you should drink.
- Don't drink liquids with dehydrating caffeine, alcohol, or large amounts of sugar. Avoid very cold drinks.
- At family events and reunions, bring a cooler of cool drinks.
- Cut back on exercising; if you must exercise, drink two to four glasses of cool, nonalcoholic fluids each hour.
Keep your body cool
- Dress in lightweight light-colored clothing and sun-reflective shirts. Wear loose clothing.
- Wear wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses. Keep a stash of hats on hand for friends and family!
- According to the cdc, fans may provide comfort but they do not prevent heat-related illnesses when the temperature is in the high 90s. Take a cool shower or bath, or move to an air-conditioned place to cool off.
- Stay in the shade, especially between 11 a. M. And 3 p. M.
- Avoid strenuous activities during the heat of the day.
- Never leave anyone in closed, parked vehicle, even with the windows down.
- To feel cooler, eat cooler. Reduce your protein intake.
- Open your house to the breeze after sunset and leave it open until dawn.
- In the early morning, draw the shades before the temperature starts to rise.
Protect yourself from the sun
- Don't get too much sun. Sunburn makes it difficult for your body to dissipate heat.
- As well as a hat and sunglasses, wear sunscreen spf 15 or higher. The most effective products say 'broad spectrum' or 'uva/uvb' on their labels.
- Be aware of heavy sweating, hot and dry skin, rapid pulse, pale or clammy skin, and cramps in your leg or abdomen muscles. All could be signs of heat disorder.
- If you are older, it's wise to keep medical information readily available, including phone numbers of health care providers and copies of your prescription and health insurance cards.