Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priya Kannan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Priya KannanYour feedback matters!
I am 22 years old unmarried girl 40 kg weight. I am finding light bleeding (brown in color sometimes even red in color) for the past 10 days after 5 days of the completion of my periods. Also there is little back pain. Is there any abnormality.
I am pregnant of 29th week but my baby didn't move as moves normally from last 4 days. It moves only 2-3 times in a day. I am afraid now what should I do.
Here are symptoms, stages and treatments Piles or Hemorrhoids
Hello, everyone, I’m Dr. Sanket Gupta. I’m a practicing homeopathic consultant for the past seven years at Staiyaniketan Motibagh. We at AKG’s Ovihams, that’s my clinic’s name, we have a specialization in all kinds of diseases especially lifestyle disorders, psychological diseases, neurological diseases, diabetes, blood pressure, kidney stones, gall stones, piles, everything and today I would like to talk about of another very very common disease and a very troublesome this order what which is called hemorrhoids or also called piles in common language.
Piles is such a common phenomenon that today every second person develops it. Usually what happens when it is a resultant of a sedentary lifestyle. A sedentary lifestyle is when you can remain sitting for long, you develop constipation, you develop faulty food habits and lifestyle and piles is the result of that. So anything which what happens exactly is there is a plexus of veins down there. So whenever there is a pressure while we are defecating or while one is passing stool, the veins would engorge and once the veins engorge they rupture and they that causes bleeding.
So the first stage is internal hemorrhoid. Internal hemorrhoid develops only due to straining. So people who remain sitting for long, they should not remain sitting for long. They should have a decent walking and physical exercise and drink plenty of water. Avoid constipation at any cost because constipation is one thing which you know which makes a person about an exert pressure on the anal area so that is the main cause and once that internal hemorrhoid develops and it’s not treated and it’s not taken care of not managed well then patient develops external hemorrhoids.
And then the second and third and fourth degree of hemorrhoid eventually prolapse. So depending upon again the stage of the disease and the nature of the phenomena, homeopathic treatment is decided. And because homeopathy is an individualistic science we tend to you know we tend to go into the details of the constitution of patient and along with that give medicines to manage the disease as well and patient is totally cured. Piles is a very very I see mean almost ten patients a day of piles every day so it is such a common phenomenon and it has wonderful results with homeopathy medicines like an NUX Vomica, Calcaria Carb, Thuja, Ratania, Esculus, acid nitric, Aloes, they have some magnificent results in curing piles.
People who have again and another another condition it is which is usually asked a patient is asked to go for surgery but with homeopathy surgery is absolutely avoidable. And not just avoidable, patient is absolutely curable, more so that the disease won’t reoccur. See the one thing I would really like people make you understand is that if you go in for surgery, it does not prevent your reoccurrence. In fact, the reoccurrence question increases why? Because the plexus down there weakens so it doesn’t support that.
So instead of going for surgery. please consult a good homeopathic doctor. You can consult me as well. For any queries regarding piles and hemorrhoids you can consult here on Lybrate or you can visit me at my clinic as well. Thank you.
1. Metabolic syndrome — a combination of increased blood pressure, elevated blood glucose and triglycerides — has a greater impact on women than men.
2. Mental stress and depression affect women's hearts more than they do men's.
3. Smoking is much worse for women than men.
4. A low level of estrogen before menopause is a significant risk factor for developing microvascular disease.
5. Though women will often have some chest pain or discomfort, it may not be the most prominent symptom. Diffuse plaques build-up and diseased smaller arteries are two reasons why symptoms can be different in women.
6. In addition to chest pain, pressure or discomfort, signs and symptoms of heart attack in women include: Neck, shoulder, upper back or abdominal discomfort, Shortness of breath, Nausea or vomiting, Sweating, Light-headedness or dizziness and unusual fatigue.
7. Endothelial dysfunction is more common in women. In this the lining of the artery does not expand (dilate) properly to boost blood flow during activity, which increases the risk of coronary artery spasm and sudden death.
8. WISE study results suggest that the commonly used treatments for coronary artery disease — angioplasty and stenting — are not the best option for women with more diffuse plaques.
9. Typical tests for coronary artery disease — angiogram, treadmill testing and others — are not reliable in women.
10. The WISE study showed that in some women, plaques accumulate as an evenly spread layer along artery walls, which is not visible using traditional testing methods.
I menstrual period of 15 days. Since15 days continuously the bleeding goes on? Wt should I prefer to control it. And this is the 1 st time iam facing like this.
As couples prepare for pregnancy, it is easy to focus only on the woman's health. However, there are several habits men need to be forming during these critical months of preparation too. Issues of fertility do not rest solely on the female.
'agents that may cause birth defects do not reach the developing fetus through the father as they do from the pregnant mother,' but we do know that male exposure to certain substances can lead to some preliminary problems with fertility and also slightly elevate the risk of certain birth defects.
Male infertility alone accounts for approximately 1/3 of all infertility cases. Should fertility issues arise, you should plan ahead to be in the best physical condition to conceive.
Clean out the medicine cabinet
Eliminate as many medications from your routine as possible. Talk with your physician about your prescription medications. You may need to discontinue use or try something new.
The following medications have been known to impact male fertility:
- Tagamet (cimetidine), sulfasalazine, and nitrofurantoin are used to treat ulcers, gastrointestinal problems, and urinary tract infections. These medications may impact sperm production and sperm count.
- Steroids, such as prednisone and cortisone, which are used to treat asthma, arthritis and skin conditions, impact male fertility.
- Chemotherapy and radiation could cause sterility or a significant change in sperm quality and quantity.
Take a good look at your work environment
Your work environment may be a contributing factor to your fertility. Ongoing exposure to certain agents such as pesticides, chemical fertilizers, lead, nickel, mercury, chromium, ethylene glycol ethers, petrochemicals, benzene, perchloroethylene, and radiation can lower sperm quality, quantity and possibly lead to infertility or miscarriage.
Eat and sleep
What you eat can make a difference. Find out what your proper weight range should be and make the necessary dietary and exercise changes to get there. Studies suggest that some men with low sperm count also have a zinc deficiency.
The following foods are high in zinc and could increase your fertility:
- Wholegrain cereals
- Selenium, which is found in brazil nuts
Adding more vitamin e may also help the process along. There are male fertility supplements available containing vitamins, minerals and other ingredients designed to help improve overall reproductive health.
Also, keep in mind getting plenty of rest is good for everything that ails you, even low sperm count and sperm quality.
Avoid alcohol and other substances
Eliminate alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and any illicit drugs. Too much alcohol may reduce zinc levels, and drugs decrease sperm quality. There is some research that may link smoking and certain rare heart defects, but further studies must be done to make an accurate conclusion. Marijuana has been proven to affect sperm quality and sperm count, but there is no evidence that shows that marijuana causes birth defects.
Keep your testicles cool
Heat from hot tubs, saunas, long showers (more than 30 minutes), heating pads, electric blankets, and tight clothing like briefs and spandex could cause your testicles to become too hot, which decreases sperm quantity.
Stay away from cycling
Cycling can cause a lot of friction and jostling, which increases the temperature of your testicles. The rise in temperature and possibility of injury may cause a low sperm count.