Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Chennai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. PriyaYour feedback matters!
Hi me Anusua I'm 23 I have tremendous abdominal pain during my periods session I have to take pain killers and hot bag its very painful doctor. please help me out doctor with a good solution.
Penile implants are devices placed inside the penis to help men with erectile dysfunction get an erection. The two main types of penile implants are semi-rigid and inflatable.
They have their own ways of working and own pros and cons.
1. Semi-rigid implants: These devices are always firm, resulting in the penis being bent away from the body for sexual activity and towards the body for concealment. The pros of 'semi-rigid implants' are:
- Is easy to surgically implant
- Has a low chance of malfunctioning
2. Inflatable implants: These are the most common types of implants used, which can be inflated for erection, and deflated at other times. Inflatable implants are usually of two types- 'three-piece inflatable implants' and 'two-piece inflatable implants'.
The pros of 'three-piece inflatable implants' are:
- Gives the most natural, firm erections
- Provides flaccidity when deflated
The pros of 'two-piece inflatable implants' are:
- Provides flaccidity when deflated
- Requires less complicated surgery than the 'three-piece'.
What are the risks involved?
- Implant problems: In rare cases, implants may not work properly. In some semi-rigid devices, the internal parts might break over time; in inflatable devices, the pump might fail and fluid might leak.
- Internal erosion: In a few cases, the implant might stick to the skin of your penis, or can wear away the skin from inside the penis.
- Infection: You might be at the risks of severe infection if you have spinal cord injury or diabetes. Men who need revision surgery of their implants are at a higher risk than their first surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I m 19 year old my period is running and I have hard pain in navi why and what to do please suggest.
Hi doctor I'm 4 and half month pregnant from two days I fell lk. White discharge in my vagina but today I fell lk white discharge more is it safe during pregnancy are any other problem give me a solution.
How to reduce sodium consumption through diet
Minerals and salts are important parts of our daily diets. These minerals play significant roles in the functioning of the human body but, if found in excess, they might adversely impact your health. One such mineral is sodium, which is abundant in most food sources.
Sodium is present in every food in the form of salt. Most forms of meat, canned vegetables and soup, junk food and pickles are some examples of food which are naturally high in sodium. Apart from this, any cooked food will have salt crystals within it. Medical research has shown that most people consume more sodium than what is recommended.
Ill Effects of Sodium Intake in Excess
- The most common problem caused by the excessive consumption of sodium is high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure, apart from being the cause of strokes can also affect internal organs like kidneys and cause renal failure over time.
- It can also be detrimental to the heart and be a contributing factor to heart conditions as well.
Here are some of the ways through which you can reduce sodium intake through changes in diet.
- Increasing the intake of fruits within the diet - Inclusion of more fresh fruits in your diet will reduce the amount of sodium consumption. Canned and processed fruits may increase sodium consumption and hence should be reduced.
- Changing to fresh unprocessed meats - Certain processed and packaged meats such as in snacks and fast foods should be avoided as they have high sodium content. Hence, consumption of fresh meat instead of processed meat is an effective way to reduce your daily sodium intake.
- Including more leafy vegetables in your diet - Leafy green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and celery have a lot of water and also help reduce the sodium intake in your body.
- Drinking plenty of water - Sodium levels can rise within the body when it is dehydrated. Thus, it is prudent to always keep your body hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Mustard Oil Versus Refined Oil
I am 50 years old female suffering from insomnia, depression,anxiety,migraine, suffer from hot flashes in night. My uterus is removed due to fibroid but ovaries are intact. I have gone through hormonal tests and it is normal. Whether this is condition of menopause or some neuro problem or phycological problem. What should I do.?
Sir I am married. Sir my period date is 23 or 24 every month but on this 23rd I am suffering for urine problem. In every 1 hour I have to go for urine. Is it sign of pregnancy please tell me. It's pain in Vagina also.
Hi, I had first time intercourse with partner, now she feels irritation by touching vagina during wash. What to do?
I am married since 1 year and having sex daily except in periods. But from last 2 months we don't had sex because we are I two different place. I want to know will it pain when we have sex and how to develop my hubby's timing on bed, he use to masturbate alternate days because we are not able to do sex.
I am 23 years old I am married I am suffering from vaginal itching and rashes b urning, redness, and swelling of the vagina and the vulvaPain when you urinate (pee) Pain during sex ,rashes on vagina very severe burning.
What is uses of ova free - l. Nd gesto zil -100 my frd suggested the tabs to get pregnancy to me if I tried to get pregnant if I used the tabs wat will happen.
My friend had unprotected sex 2 days before and then she took a ipill the same day. Today as she had loose motion and stomach pain so I got her 3 medicines from a chemist. From this there is some blood in her urine and blood has come for 3 times in her urine. So is it a side effect of ipill or something else.
I have PCOD. Taking inositol, tamoxifen for ovulation induction. On day 22nd I went for ultrasound and found one 19 mm follicle. Z it possible dat it wil not rupture? I believed dat a mature follicle will definitely rupture. Wat r d chances of ovulation taking place?
I am 26 years old. I am having less menstrual blood flow only for one and half day for last few years. I consulted some doctors, they told its because of stress and it will be ok by the time. Please let me know it has any other side effect after marriage or not ?
I am diagnosed as syphilis I am taking all treatment after treatment 2 month after results is negative but syphilis sore does not heal. How?
You only have one heart, and it works for 24 hrs a day. It never sleeps, so you have to treat it right if you want to keep it pumping for years to come. For a healthy heart, you have to boost nutrition, flavor and color in your meals and snacks. A variety of fruits and vegetables are good for your heart. Always try to eat foods that are in their natural form, as they come from the ground.
Find out how these 10 foods may help lower your risk of heart disease.
1) Fresh Herbs like oregano, basil, rosemary and thyme are full of antioxidants. They are full of flavor and use them liberally to replace extra salt, oil and sugar in your food.
2) Red Wine: before you read on, a caution is that too much alcohol actually is bad for your heart. Sipping a unit of red wine a day may be good by giving you two very powerful antioxidants in restorative and catechist. These can help you to increase your HDL cholesterol while lowering your risk of damage to arterial walls and subsequent clot formation. However, alcohol may be a problem when you are already on aspirin or other medications. Check with your doctor first if you have had a history of heart disease.
3) Salmon: The american heart association calls it a super food and recommends at least two servings of salmon in a week. You can have it baked in a foil with herbs or add with veggies in your salad. It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and helps to correct rhythm disorders of the heart and reduce triglycerides and blood pressure. These properties also hold good for tuna fish and one must choose canned tuna in water or brine instead of oil.
4) Extra Virgin Olive Oil: though any kind of extra oil is bad for your heart, if you need to take in some oil, then extra virgin olive oil has a lot of heart saving properties. Only one should not use it for frying or over heating the veggies. It is good when tossed over salads or used sparingly over boiled or cooked vegetables.
5) Walnuts: a handful of walnuts, say 50 grams a day are full of antioxidants and fiber. They reduce inflammation of the arteries and reduce cholesterol. However, they also have high calorie content so one must be careful about the quantities consumed.
6) Almonds: Almonds are full of plant sterols and reduce the blood ldl and are good for diabetics. One must eat them raw for full benefits as cooking or roasting them may kill some of their beneficial properties.
7) Tofu is a high source of soy protein and can be added to soups or marinated or sauteed with vegetables for its goodness. It has a lot of heart healthy minerals and polyunsaturated fats.
8) Sweet potato is a good substitute for white potatoes especially useful for people with diabetes and heart disease. It has a low glycemic index and prevents sharp rise in blood sugar after meals. One can bake it and sprinkle with cinnamon and lime juice to make it super effective.
9) Oranges have potassium and antioxidants to lower the blood pressure and improve the vessel wall function.
10) Carrots are full of fiber and are one of the top heart saving foods by controlling cholesterol. Add them liberally in your salad or munch them raw for their power packed action.
I would like to know more about anal sex, I want to perform it safely. Please guide how to do it comfortably for the first time. Also tell us what are the steps we should follow to make it very ease and very comfortable penetration like in we see in the movie. If fishers problem was there in the past, will it affect now. How to eliminate initial hurdles? Ejaculate in anas is harmful?
A menstrual cramp is something which every woman complains of for a day or two every month. Menstrual cramps are usually the pains felt in the lower abdomen, which can occur both before and during a woman's menstrual period. These cramps are caused by a hormone called prostaglandin that causes the uterine muscles to contract during menstruation. When the uterus contracts to shed its natural lining during your period it releases a hormone called prostaglandins which causes pain and inflammation. So higher the level of prostaglandins more severe the menstrual cramps.
It might be just a minor discomfort for some, but for others it can be severe. The symptoms of menstrual cramps include pain in the abdomen, pressure in the abdomen and pain in the hips, lower back, and inner thighs as well. However, if the cramps are severe you might have an upset stomach, loose stools and vomiting too.
Three out of four women experience menstrual pains and every one out of 10 women experiences severe cramps. Here are few remedies that might help in relieving the pain:
- Exercise, brisk walking or any type of physical activity can help to ease your belly pain as by being physically active your body pumps more blood, which helps in releasing endorphins to counteract the prostaglandins and reduce your cramps.
- Apply heat on the lower abdomen or the area where you feel the pain as it helps to relax the contracting muscles in your uterus.
- Improve your diet by reducing fat and increasing vegetables. However, avoid foods that contain caffeine and salt.
- Take a warm bath as it may also provide some relief.
- Add ginger in your food as it helps in lowering the levels of the pain-causing prostaglandins.
- Drink chamomile tea at least three times a day.
- Take fish oil supplements, vitamin B1 or both.
- Make sure to get enough vitamin D.
- Have an orgasm as it releases endorphins which has a pain-relieving effect and helps in boosting your mood as well.
- Include more dietary magnesium such as dry almonds and boiled spinach as it helps to ease the pain of cramps.
- Acupuncture also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
- Take a safe painkiller to reduce pain.
- Birth control pills may help relieve painful cramps, but they do come with side effects which may include spotting, breast tenderness, nausea and low sex drive.
- Refrain yourself from smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Finally, have appropriate rest.
Note: If you still do not get any relief despite trying some of these options then you must visit your doctor to rule out more serious health issues as the menstrual cramps are sometimes caused or worsened by other conditions and any sort of medications for such cramps are to be taken after consulting a Gynaecologist.